Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Brontok Virus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Brontok Virus (2497 Views)

Shortcut Virus Removal From Windows 7 PC / "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help / How To Retrieve Your Files From FOLDERS Turned Into SHORTCUTS By VIRUS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brontok Virus by teeone02(m): 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2007
pls how can i remove brontok virus from my system
it's destroying my files even with avast antivirus cry
Re: Brontok Virus by Wisdomxy(m): 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2007
I also need a good antivirus to use for cleaning my system of a trojan that avast could only detect but,not able to remove.I have also used AVG-Free 7.5 to no avail.
Re: Brontok Virus by DoubleN(m): 6:40am On Apr 30, 2007
Do u guys update ur antivirus?b cos i have been using avast for a about 2 years and i have never had a single problem.Well i suggest u uninstall the avast and install Nod32 antivirus,this will surely kill the virus since ur avast is already compromised.The problem with Nod32 is updating,it requires a username and password from the site which u will get after payment.Better yet just formt you system!
Re: Brontok Virus by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2007
go to wikipedia .org and type in brotonk.
at the end of the page , you will find links to three tools for removing it.i think the sophos worked(BUT YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING THE REGISTRY)you may need an expert if you aren't comfortable with that.good luck
Re: Brontok Virus by darkey(m): 10:42am On May 02, 2007
the problem with brontok is that even after cleaning it, the effect is still there. for instance, i doubt if you can view your folder options where you can show or hide your hidden files. the ultimate solution is to back up your files and format your hard drive. then get an updated antivirus that scans your system at all times.
Re: Brontok Virus by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 12, 2008
There's something wrong with ur avast!. I've been using it for ages, and it has nipped every problem in the bud. I suggest you get a new copy from their site.
Re: Brontok Virus by walemy: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2008
If u r having any kind of problem with ur system and u cant handle it pls call dis no 08026220123 wale
Re: Brontok Virus by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2008
darkey:

the problem with brontok is that even after cleaning it, the effect is still there. for instance, i doubt if you can view your folder options where you can show or hide your hidden files. the ultimate solution is to back up your files and format your hard drive. then get an updated antivirus that scans your system at all times.

Everything Brontok does is in the registry (at least almost everything, because it still tampers with batch files). But if you can access the registry and know where to go, you can undo the folder options thing, and any other thing.
Re: Brontok Virus by LARRYMcCOY(m): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2008
I think you need the latest Version of AVG which is the 8.0 version, I have the trial version and the full license one but i can only afford to give you the trial version.You can mail me olly_larry32@yahoo.com,
Re: Brontok Virus by opedoye(m): 11:37pm On Jun 13, 2008
I once had the same Brontok thing on my old laptop and it really did some damage.
Didn't lose files but my machine was as slow as a slug. Any up-to-date antivirus should be able to
handle that. I used avast for recovery but NOD32 is another sure bet. PM me if you need a help.
Re: Brontok Virus by alsas(m): 12:41am On Jun 14, 2008
u can remove brontok using updated KARPERSKY OR MCAFEE ANTIVIRUST.
Re: Brontok Virus by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 14, 2008
Go for NOD32. Use it wisely while the trial period lasts. Then when it's over, you can uninstall it and you will have made good use of it. But be warned, two antivirus programs on the same system might not go down well, so get rid of one first.
Re: Brontok Virus by mmonwuba(m): 9:22am On Jun 16, 2008
Brontok is an old virus. Make sure you update ur antivirus regularly and get something like kaspersky or bit defender. kaspersky cost less than 10,000. So get moving before you are moved. Its gonna slowly wipe off your files after doubling empty spaces and next your system starts restarting. soon it won't come on again. so smokle it out, but remember after the smoking you will have to repair you os and resmoke again, just to be sure.
Re: Brontok Virus by fulldepth(m): 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2008
ur best option now is bitdefender Total security 2008.
it would cost u only but a little, if u want this brontok Virus eliminated forever,then contact me on
full_depth_in@yahoo.com
Re: Brontok Virus by TmeD0(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2008
Indeed, brontok is an old Virus and I'm surprised folks are still getting it.  @poster, here are some removal tools for Brontok that you probably want to run in safe mode.  You can run one or all but one at a time if you need to run all.  Keep in mind that you will still need to extract the zip folder (I'd do that as well in safe mode) before you can access the files.  The folder is called brontok removal tools.  Hope this helps.  Good luck and don't forget to always keep your Anti-Virus updated.  Peace!
Re: Brontok Virus by tellmemore(m): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2008
Install Norton, upgrade, scan and virus is out. Finish

That's what I did sometime last yr to get mine out.

Note: delete infected file.
Re: Brontok Virus by saintstoke: 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2008
Get kspersky antivirus 7.0 and install with the keys ,ie activation to prolong the date up to 2009.scan your computer,and update, me think this can take care of all your problems, and at the same time do some proactive protection. not sure of your bearing? call #08055475689.
Re: Brontok Virus by ohis4: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2008
the best antivirus for brontok is mccafe
Re: Brontok Virus by TmeD0(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2008
ohis 4:

the best antivirus for brontok is mccafe
Really?  Wow!
Re: Brontok Virus by Mesmerize(f): 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2008
It's Mcafee not Mccafe smiley
Re: Brontok Virus by tommy2k2(m): 10:26am On Dec 06, 2008
guy, i believe you, the best antivirus is Mcafee

3 yrs xperince on ma system, grin

(1) (Reply)

The Best Linux Distro For A Netbook / Configuring Multilinks With Vista To Browse. / Wifi Hotspot Training (mikrotik Router) - Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.