Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles (3001 Views)

Patrice Evra Backs England To Win Euro 2020 While Holding A Fish (Photos) / No Player Has Scored More Long-distance Goals Than Cristiano Ronaldo / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by Nairatrend: 10:18am On Apr 06, 2019
Chelsea winger, Adrian Akande has turned down an opportunity to represent England U16 National Team.

He opted to play for Nigeria U17.

The player refused to join England at the upcoming Montaigu Tournament.

The Montaigu Tournament is one of the most prestigious youth football tournaments in the world.

England is drawn alongside Argentina, Ivory Coast and Portugal in Group B.

The England-born youngster was asked to meet up with the Young Lions on Friday 12th April at Hilton Cobham Hotel ahead of the squad’s departure to France on April 14th.

But he opted to stay back in Abuja with a view to representing the Golden Eaglets at the upcoming Africa U17 Cup of Nations in Tanzania.

Allnigeriasoccer reports that there are strong indications that the former the starlet is among the players being considered for the trip to East Africa as he has been asked to send his passport details by the Nigeria Football Federation.

He has also underwent a MRI test earlier this week.

Akande who was born in 2003, decided to play for Nigeria over England after talks with Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, President Amaju Pinnick.

See Source

Cc;lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2019
grin grin

I smell FP
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by metroid(m): 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2019
Kid is smart cool
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by megist80: 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
grin
metroid:
Kid is smart cool
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by femi4: 5:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
Smart kid, England national team no dey win trophy. Last last, na semi final bus stop
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by Chipink(f): 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Shiooooor when he is not needed in England does he have a choice.
Let him go ask others

1 Like

Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by Chipink(f): 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2019
femi4:
Smart kid, England national team no dey win trophy. Last last, na semi final bus stop
As if he has a choice
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by femi4: 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2019
Chipink:

As if he has a choice
he is just 15, the best among his peers
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by Chipink(f): 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
femi4:
he is just 15, the best among his peers

Not the point
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by shuttox: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
He was born 2003??
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by femi4: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
Chipink:

Not the point
So, what's the point
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by Nairatrend: 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
grin
femi4:
So, what's the point
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by TheTourist: 8:36pm On Apr 06, 2019
SKILL OVER EDUCATIONAL DEGREES EVERYTIME. BE GUIDED
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by femi4: 8:49pm On Apr 06, 2019
Nairatrend:
grin
abi o, help me ask her
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by flyingdagger(m): 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
Good move but let's say the factual truth, he won't be selected WHY ?
Because it will cost the NFF additional funds to fly him in and out to his base in England when ever we have matches.

Oh I forgot he has to come with a guidian too as he is still a minor.

This was the chief reason Alaba and others were not selected to join the U17 team then when he came.
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by KingWarri: 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2019
femi4:
which international trophy the super eagles don win dem don even reach semi final b4

lets remove patriotism and face reality.....
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by femi4: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2019
KingWarri:

which international trophy the super eagles don win dem don even reach semi final b4

lets remove patriotism and face reality.....
No trophy for semi final ticket.

If you are not blind, you ll know that I didn't segregate the trophy type. The fact remains that the 3lions won't win any major trophy in the next 10 yrs. Argue with your keyboard

National honour is something unique and can't be compare to club honours
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by YungMillionaire: 12:21am On Apr 07, 2019
Welcome son...wish you the best with the team
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 07, 2019
I will accept England call up with open arms.Aswear,nigeria no be a country I can call my home.I am a visitor.
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by Sammyolis: 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
Let him choose this choice
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by KingWarri: 1:06pm On Apr 07, 2019
femi4:
No trophy for semi final ticket.

If you are not blind, you ll know that I didn't segregate the trophy type. The fact remains that the 3lions won't win any major trophy in the next 10 yrs. Argue with your keyboard

National honour is something unique and can't be compare to club honours
In the next ten years.... now Nigeria go come win international trophy in the next ten years?
Re: This Chelsea Star Player Has Ignored England To Play For Our Super Eagles by femi4: 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2019
KingWarri:

In the next ten years.... now Nigeria go come win international trophy in the next ten years?
Where did I mention international trophy? Its definitely in your head

(1) (Reply)

C.ronaldo Vs L.messi (their Abilities And Comaprisms) / C Ronaldo Is Now Part Of YMCMB Member – Lil Wayne / Usyk Returns Heavyweight Title Belts To Anthony Joshua After Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.