Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum (18327 Views)

Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students / UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ / UNIOSUN Increases Tuition Fees By 140 Percent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by midolian(m): 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students Seven-day Ultimatum to Pay

Sokoto State University has increased tuition fee by over a 100 percent for the new academic session and issued a seven-day ultimatum for students to comply or withdraw from the university.

According to the Ramadan Mijinyawa, President, National Union of Zamfara State Students (NUZAMSS), the fee increase was unexpected and many students, particularly students from Zamfara State, cannot afford it.

He said the school management added an additional N60,000 to the old tuition fee, which was about N40,000 to N50,000, depending on the department. This brings the new tuition to 100,000 or more.

Mijinyawa said all attempts to appeal to the state government and the school management have fallen on deaf ears.

The students urged the management to reverse the new fee schedule, as majority of them are unable to meet such sudden and steep financial demand.

Amira Lawal, a 400 level student of Education Foundation, said she might lose her admission as she is unable to pay the new tuition fee.

Similarly, Mansur Galadima said he can no longer afford the tuition, and called on the Zamfara State government to intervene so that the additional N60,000 is dropped.

“I cannot afford to pay the just introduced N60,000 as tuition fee, which raised the total amount of my school fee to 94,000,” he said. “We are praying to Zamfara State government or any important political icon in the state to urgently assist us in other to save our future, because by Monday we will lose our admission if we are unable to pay.”

http://saharareporters.com/2019/04/06/sokoto-state-university-increases-tuition-100-gives-students-seven-day-ultimatum-pay

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by midolian(m): 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
Tambuwal's second term is gonna be deadly

I do not blame him though, I blame the people of Sokoto state for giving him an opportunity to do this

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Dannyset(m): 8:31pm On Apr 06, 2019
midolian:
Tambuwal's second term is gonna be deadly

I do not blame him though, I blame the people of Sokoto state for giving him an opportunity to do this

All Governors do this......Buhari is the only different politician we have in Nigeria and we love him for this.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by CodeTemplar: 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
I am not against the idea of paying 100,000 as fee in a state university because they are already poorly funded.
What I am against is the idea of that same Sokoto state using state fund to buy Ramadan ram and building mosques ( using state fund for a section of the populace ), then turning around to ask Christians which are likely to form a higher percentage of those patronizing the university, to pay more fees. Is it a counter productive move when you consider use of state funds for some people's private believe.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by CodeTemplar: 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
Dannyset:

All Governors do this......Buhari is the only different politician we have in Nigeria and we love him for this.
First term of most admin is always like courtship relationships before marriage.
Our leaders, like men, engage unrealistic expenditures, or women, put good show of character meant to win the other party (the masses) over, and like marriage, during second term they show their true colour. Tambuwal is just being human here. Do you remember how Aregbesola of Osun state paid 13th month salaries in his first term and then couldn't pay salaries in his second term?

8 Likes

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Homeboiy: 9:23pm On Apr 06, 2019
Ah so cheap
Go n check how much ESUT or AAU dey pay
Even for uniben I paid 105,500 as school fee

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by midolian(m): 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
Homeboiy:
Ah so cheap

Yeah it looks cheap when compared with some other state universities..but the 100% increment is where the problem is. Many chose the school because of its affordable fees,.what will become of them now? Some even struggle to pay the N40k

16 Likes

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Homeboiy: 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
midolian:
Yeah it looks cheap when compared with some other state universities..but the 100% increment is where the problem is. Many chose the school because of its affordable fees,.what will become of them now? Some even struggle to pay the N40k

They should quit

School is not for the poor

If u can't afford it u quit

How WI he fund the school with less payments from students

He's taking the school to the next level

6 Likes

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by midolian(m): 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
Homeboiy:

They should quit

School is not for the poor

If u can't afford it u quit

How WI he fund the school with less payments from students

He's taking the school to the next level
How has he been funding it?

Lemme pretend I didn't see the part where you said school is not for the poor.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Homeboiy: 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
midolian:
How has he been funding it?
Lemme pretend I didn't see the part where you said school is not for the poor.

With his own resources
Most state University's in the southern part pays above 100k
If University is for the poor, why is Edo state University school fee like that
Even CU, Madonna and co
Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by yinkus6750(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Benefits of Party swap.
From APC to PDP.
Tambuwal appreciating the voters.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by MaddySav: 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Gworo chewers
Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by kamez(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
I guess the rules of public universities has changed, because back in my university days, who born u well to give ultimatum as regards to payment of school fees...

back then once u pay ur first year school fees, some students won't pay a dime again until after final exams. the school would never disturb u because they know that u must pay before u are cleared for NYSC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Kendumazy(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Haaaaa
Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by dejolly(m): 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2019
This is outrageous.
#unitedprogressive

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Enemyofpeace: 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
For habooooooooookis wey dem dey force to go school
Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Brandonx(m): 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
grin
Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by amaniro: 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
Nobody noticed is Zamfara state not Sokoto...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Hotfreezer: 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
Eventually, he would reduce it for indigenes and non-indigenes would pay the bloated fee.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by FuckoffMOD: 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
This 100k don finish your 4yrs course for lasu

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by iammo(m): 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
Sokoto has low IGR, free tuition scholarship should be given to sound ones .

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
Strike o
Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by EbizCoachNg2: 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
And then? What did they vote for in the first place
Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Brandonx(m): 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
Homeboiy:
Ah so cheap

Uniben 105k? The last time I checked i think it was around 8k .

4 Likes

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by lenghtinny(m): 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
It's about time....

40k per session in a state university in Nigeria angry..... I can only imagine how poorly funded this school is

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by NOHOLDSBAR: 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
CodeTemplar:
I am not against the idea of paying 100,000 as fee in a state university because they are already poorly funded.
What I am against is the idea of that same Sokoto state using state fund to buy Ramadan ram and building mosques ( using state fund for a section of the populace ), then turning around to ask Christians which are likely to form a higher percentage of those patronizing the university, to pay more fees. Is it a counter productive move when you consider use of state funds for some people's private believe.

Sound just like a retarded brainwashed IPOb religious fanatical monkey that you are. What a freaking dumb retard you are. You have more govt money being spent on churches in your erosion ravaged SadEast, but monkeys like you will not complain about that. I'm not for any govt spending an kobo on these religious tourism to Mecca and Jerusalem but level of hypocrisy from religious dotard like you from your evil enclave is sickening.
There's is more mixture of State and religion in your gutter SadEast than any other part of the country yet you sorry ass monkeys try to preach to others how they should handle their affairs. Deal with your sorry lives before telling others what to do.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Jaynom(m): 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
Smh. So somehow the school thinks that the parents have that money laying around somewhere in the house. People dey craze o
Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by gredenco1(m): 11:24pm On Apr 06, 2019
And I pay #179, 700 Here in Ebsu
Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 11:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
German schools are tuition free, same with most european contries for quality education. You didn't upgrade anything in terms of quality. This is too expensive for this type of quantity education, too expensive

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by Afamed: 11:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
amaniro:
Read again but slowly this time around

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum by jaeyking(m): 12:04am On Apr 07, 2019
amaniro:

Zamfara state doesn't have a state University.
It's indigenes of zamfara state that attend sokoto state uni that are complaining

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks / Fut Minna Remedial Form Now On Sale / Fayose Reduces Tuition Fees, Introduces Flexible Payments In Ekiti University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.