Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan (1154 Views)

Lebanon Runs Out Of Power , India And China To Follow ( Pics) / China, Russia And Pakistan Now Trade Without US Dollar / India And Pakistan Cyber War Broke Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan by ElectorAlexande: 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2019
After the partition of the Indian Empire on 1947, Pakistan and India has both claim to be the legal owners of Northern of Jammu and Kashmir which refused to join either of the two countries and remain neutral during the partition crisis of 1947.

After pressure from both side the maharajah of Kashmir, Hari Signh signed an agreement with both parties, which they both agreed not to occupy or invade the region for two months so they can decide what next step to take. But it all changed when on October 1947 the maharajah of Kashmir confiscated weapons from the muslims and sent it to the British Army and it was later redistributed to the Hindu Village defence forces which provoked an uprising by the Muslims in Kashmir and it's neighboring Pashtun tribesman from Pakistan came in to assist as it was claimed.

Continue reading @ https://www.historicalville.com/2019/04/why-is-kashmir-important-to-india-and_6.html?m=1

Re: Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan by panafrican(m): 3:33am On Apr 09, 2019
Best way to go : India ,China and Pakistan all out of that region and let it become an independent sovereign country.
Re: Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan by ElectorAlexande: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
panafrican:
Best way to go : India ,China and Pakistan all out of that region and let it become an independent sovereign country.

Exactly, that's the best thing. They have never asked the people what they want.
Re: Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan by sharjeelbhai: 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2021
I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... bunity.com
Re: Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan by sharjeelbhai: 7:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many. mylocalservices
Re: Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan by mach7(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
Kashmir is of strategic importance for both India, Pakistan and of late China.

For India, it is matter of national pride, control over the Indus river (as it flows through Indian administered Kashmir before flowing into Pakistan), land connection to Afghanistan and denial of land border between Pakistan and China.

For Pakistan, it is a matter of national pride, control of over the source of the Indus river (as it flows from Indian administered Kashmir into Pakistani administered Kashmir and further onwards to Pakistan proper as the major water source for the entire Pakistan), denial of land connection between India and Afghanistan, and guarantee of a land border connection between Pakistan and China.

For China, it is a matter of strategic national survival. The sea lanes (to and fro) to China from its major markets pass through the straits of Malacca, which can be cut of by the United States in event of hostilities with China. The land connection with Pakistan means that China has an alternate route to import and export goods through the land corridor through Pakistan and straight to the Pakistani port of Gwadar which is on the Indian Ocean. This enables China bypass any blockade imposed on it by the U.S. Moreso, China is in a semi - state kf war with India. It can never allow India full control over Kashmir.

Implications:
If India looses total control of Kashmir;
It enables a land bridge between Pakistan and China thus strengthening Pakistan.
It looses a direct land connection to Afghanistan and its ability to influence events there.
It looses control over the source of the Indus river and its ability to royally screw Pakistan in event of hostilities.

If Pakistan looses total control of Kashmir;
It looses its land connection to China and its major source of economic survival.
It looses control over the flow of the Indus river and will be vulnerable to disaster if India blocks the river flow.
It enables a land connection between India and Afghanistan.
It becomes worthless in the eyes of China.

Implications for China if Pakistan looses control of Kashmir;
It becomes vulnerable in a war with U.S.
A major component of its Silk Trade route (Belt and Road Initiative) goes down the drain.

All the above countries are Prisoners of Geography.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan by sharjeelbhai: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. local estate agents
Re: Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan by sharjeelbhai: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading. aileensoul

(1) (Reply)

Breaking - Fresh Russian Army Convoy Obliterated By Ukrainian Defence Forces. / USA Submarine Crash In South China Sea / Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.