Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? (1907 Views)

Why Xiaomi Can Never Do As Well As Transsion In Nigeria Phone Market / Xiaomi Redmi 9 Teardown: Inside Review Shows Why Xiaomi Needs To Work Again / Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by blakwater(m): 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2019
i am a big fan of xiaomi redmi devices, in fact my first xiaomi phone is the MI4... i will vouch for them anytime but unfortunately the redmi 7 size and plastic build is very off point and a useless idea, in all their new released phones that we listed this 2019 there is no phone with compact size like the redmi 4x which is their best selling phone and that proves that there are alot of people out there that are craving for portable phones with good processors, but i dont know why they brought this idea of building plastic phones that look like "soap" which i think it wont sell a like the previous versions. The ordinary redmi suppose to nothing more that a 5.5inch device with 4000mh battery and good processor, while the note version can 5.6 and above..... Xiaomi why this fuckup.
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by Slazim: 11:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
The difference between the RN4X and RN7 is just some 8mm difference in length, the RN7 is actually a little bit slimmer than the RN4X the bigger screen is due to its 19.5:9 ratio design and higher screen to body ratio plus it is even thinner.
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by blakwater(m): 11:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
Slazim:
The difference between the RN4X and RN7 is just some 8mm difference in length, the RN7 is actually a little bit slimmer than the RN4X the bigger screen is due to its 19.5:9 ratio design and higher screen to body ratio plus it is even thinner.
ok, but still the compact approach could have been better for the ordinary redmi infact "redmi 6 pro" is way far looking better than the redmi 7
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by Slazim: 12:55am On Apr 08, 2019
blakwater:
ok, but still the compact approach could have been better for the ordinary redmi infact "redmi 6 pro" is way far looking better than the redmi 7
I beg to differ, the N7 has a more "recent" look with its tear drop.
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by TheTourist: 7:05am On Apr 08, 2019
QUIT WHINING LIKE A WOMAN. YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU NEED OR WHAT YOUR POCKET CAN CARRY.

MY XIAOMI MI8 WHICH IS BETTER THAN THE IPHONE X BASED ON SPECIFICATIONS - NA MONEY DO AM.

SOUP WEY SWEET NA MONEY COOK AM.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:45am On Apr 08, 2019
Tbh...I too don't like the size of redmi 7, I was expecting something compact like redmi 6...
..anyway.. Let's wait and see how redmi 7a will look

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by dahgifted(m): 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
Tbh...I too don't like the size of redmi 7, I was expecting something compact like redmi 6...
..anyway.. Let's wait and see how redmi 7a will look

Please am considering ordering this device and reading this post am having a second thoughts whats the probs with this device and what about the size?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by dahgifted(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2019
Slazim:

please redmi 6 pro and redmi 7 which is better and is redmi 6 pro made with plastic too?
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by Slazim: 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
dahgifted:
please redmi 6 pro and redmi 7 which is better and is redmi 6 pro made with plastic too?
Sorry I haven't handled any of the devices and can't tell.
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by Mustack: 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2019
dahgifted:
redmi 7 is better due to bigger screen nd faster processor...the plastic on the redmi 7 doesnt look plasticISH...its a glossy plastic so it looks like glass.....I think the 6pro is polycarbonate metal(not really sure)
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
dahgifted:

Please am considering ordering this device and reading this post am having a second thoughts whats the probs with this device and what about the size?
these is no problem with d device, its just that we like compact phones ...the redmi 7 is almost same size as redmi note 7
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by udemzyudex(m): 8:58pm On Apr 08, 2019
There is no problem with the device, in fact those complaining about the plastic body will buy it and still use phone casing, so?

The phone battery will last longer than the redmi note 7 because of the type of processor used.
It has dual 4g and doesn't use hybrid sim slot,which means you don't have to sacrifice 1 sim for memory card.

You can use two sim and sd card together.
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by blakwater(m): 2:18am On Apr 09, 2019
TheTourist:
QUIT WHINING LIKE A WOMAN. YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU NEED OR WHAT YOUR POCKET CAN CARRY.

MY XIAOMI MI8 WHICH IS BETTER THAN THE IPHONE X BASED ON SPECIFICATIONS - NA MONEY DO AM.

SOUP WEY SWEET NA MONEY COOK AM.
look redmi is just a second phone that i normally use, i am currently using the Sony's xz2, i am use to small devices, and post this just to hear peoples opinion not to brag about any... U don't kno people so please maintain ur level

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by blakwater(m): 2:22am On Apr 09, 2019
Guys by the way redmi 6pro is way better than the redmi7 in every aspect.... That plastic body on redmi7 looks like LEGO TOYS and for me i rather hold aluminum body like the greatest redmi 4x
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by udemzyudex(m): 2:47am On Apr 09, 2019
blakwater:
Guys by the way redmi 6pro is way better than the redmi7 in every aspect.... That plastic body on redmi7 looks like LEGO TOYS and for me i rather hold aluminum body like the greatest redmi 4x

Why will you want to compare redmi 6pro with redmi 7? Why not wait for the redmi 7 Pro before you compare?
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by Darkseid(m): 2:51am On Apr 09, 2019
I just don't understand the craze for big phones these days, phone manufacturers hardly make compact phones with good specs anymore. I will be going to the market to get the 4 inch iPhone se, so that I can relegate my Redmi 5 plus to a secondary phone.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by ubev01(m): 10:33am On Apr 09, 2019
Did you just say that REDMI 4X NOT REDMI NOTE 4X was their best seller? You like compact phone, that's good but know that people like you, even though much are still a minority compared to those that likes bigger phone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 09, 2019
Redmi 4X, best seller?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by MeshachMARTINS(m): 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
blakwater:
Sony's xz2,
do you mean compact? coz d standard xz2 is big to me sef
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by tidedroid: 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
Slazim:

redmi 7 not redmi note 7
Re: Why Did Xiaomi Flop On The Redmi 7? .... Why Xiaomi Why? by ochukp(m): 9:33am On Apr 18, 2019
Redmj 7 is a nice phone considering the spec and the battery ,but the screen is the downside,it is a phablet big screen,not that portable

(1) (Reply)

Samsung A20, Infinix Hot 7 Pro, Infinix S4 Or Infinix Note 5, Best Choice? / SOLD / All The Right Moves Of Camon 15, Very Impressive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.