Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Foreign-trained Nigerian Thinking Of Doing NYSC. What Are Your Thoughts? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Foreign-trained Nigerian Thinking Of Doing NYSC. What Are Your Thoughts? (549 Views)

My Mum Sells Eggs - Corper Shows Off His Mother Who Trained Him In University / NYSC: What To Expect When You Are Posted To Borno / Physical Verification Slip For Foreign Trained Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign-trained Nigerian Thinking Of Doing NYSC. What Are Your Thoughts? by dyungshallgrow(m): 3:05am On Apr 08, 2019
Hello my fellow Nigerians....

As the title states, I am a foreign-trained Nigerian Citizen who is currently about to graduate in a few months. I have been toying with the thought of partaking in the NYSC. What are your thoughts on the matter? should I do it? or should I forget about doing it? and if you are a foreign trained Nigerian like me please specify where you are trained and your experience, I would love to hear your thoughts.

I am not doing it to benefit me, I have spent countless years volunteering in my foreign base but have never really given anything back to Nigeria. Having traveled extensively, I have seen what life is like in other places, I have witnessed the brain drain Nigeria is suffering from and someday I wish to instigate change or at least fan the flames in Nigeria but I am worried that not having the NYSC under my belt will hinder this dream. Simply speaking, I want to change the way we do things in Nigeria and the suffering of the masses and I am afraid not having the NYSC would hinder me. I also realize that perhaps it's just a clueless naive youth speaking.

Please I request that people be respectful to one another and give reasons why they think I should or should not do the NYSC.

Regards
dyungshallgrow
Re: Foreign-trained Nigerian Thinking Of Doing NYSC. What Are Your Thoughts? by cardoso222: 3:25am On Apr 08, 2019
It's not new. As long as you are aged below 30,come home come serve
Re: Foreign-trained Nigerian Thinking Of Doing NYSC. What Are Your Thoughts? by dyungshallgrow(m): 4:07am On Apr 08, 2019
cardoso222:
It's not new. As long as you are aged below 30,come home come serve

Hello cardoso22

Thank you for your reply. It might not be a new thing to you, but it pretty much is to me considering last time I was back home was when I was an 8year old kid, as such it's not something I can just take for granted hence this forum. Looking gauge the experiences of my home based brothers and sisters as well as the foreign once before deciding to embark on the mission.
Re: Foreign-trained Nigerian Thinking Of Doing NYSC. What Are Your Thoughts? by 1stHooligan(m): 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
dyungshallgrow:

Hello cardoso22

Thank you for your reply. It might not be a new thing to you, but it pretty much is to me considering last time I was back home was when I was an 8year old kid, as such it's not something I can just take for granted hence this forum. Looking gauge the experiences of my home based brothers and sisters as well as the foreign once before deciding to embark on the mission.
how has it been bro ? It's been a while

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Increase Corps Members’ Allowance To 30000(nysc) / How To Make Animated Cartoon With Smartphone / Corps Member Calls The Attention Of NYSC After Being Paid Twice In A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.