Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Kimbat Releases Quizpayz Question For The Week for N10000 cash prize - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kimbat Releases Quizpayz Question For The Week for N10000 cash prize (346 Views)

Kimbat Releases Quizpayz Question For The Week for N10000 cash prize / Kimbat Nairaland Math Puzzle: Winner Gets A Cash Prize of N10000 / Tstv Will Give Out Free 5000 Decoders To Nigerians This Week For Testing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kimbat Releases Quizpayz Question For The Week for N10000 cash prize by kimbat: 8:31am On Apr 08, 2019
QUIZPAYZ
Three ladies met at a jewelry store. ‘Look here,’ said Susan to Amina, ‘I’ll give you six of my black stones for one of your white stone, and then you’ll have twice as many stones here as I’ve got.’
‘If that’s your way of doing business,’ said jumoke to Susan, ‘I’ll give you fourteen of my red stones for a white stone, and then you’ll have three times as many stones as I.’
‘Well, I’ll go better than that,’ said Amina to Jumoke; ‘I’ll give you four green stones for a white stone, and then you’ll have six times as many animals as I’ve got here.’
No doubt this was a very primitive way of bartering stones, but it is an interesting little puzzle to discover just how many stones Susan, Amina and Jumoke must have taken to the jewelry store.

PLEASE DROP ANSWERS ON THE THREAD AS THE FIRST IS TO GET THE CASH PRIZE OF #5000
Re: Kimbat Releases Quizpayz Question For The Week for N10000 cash prize by dejt4u(m): 9:16am On Apr 08, 2019
kimbat:
QUIZPAYZ
Three ladies met at a jewelry store. ‘Look here,’ said Susan to Amina, ‘I’ll give you six of my black stones for one of your white stone, and then you’ll have twice as many stones here as I’ve got.’
‘If that’s your way of doing business,’ said jumoke to Susan, ‘I’ll give you fourteen of my red stones for a white stone, and then you’ll have three times as many stones as I.’
‘Well, I’ll go better than that,’ said Amina to Jumoke; ‘I’ll give you four green stones for a white stone, and then you’ll have six times as many animals as I’ve got here.’
No doubt this was a very primitive way of bartering stones, but it is an interesting little puzzle to discover just how many stones Susan, Amina and Jumoke must have taken to the jewelry store.

PLEASE DROP ANSWERS ON THE THREAD AS THE FIRST IS TO GET THE CASH PRIZE OF #5000
Getting equations from the expressions:
Let Susan's numbers of stones rep. S,
Amina's number of stones rep. A, and
Jumoke's number of stones J

Eqn 1: 2(S - 6 + 1) = A + 6 - 1

Eqn 2: 3(J - 14 + 1) = S + 14 - 1

Eqn 3: 6(A - 4 + 1) = J + 4 - 1

Solving these individually, the eqns become;
Eqn 1: 2S - A = 15,
Eqn 2: 3J - S = 52, and
Eqn 3: 6A - J = 21

Now solving together; we have;
A = 7, S = 11 and J = 21.

Therefore, Amina must have taken 7 stones to jewelry store, Susan must have taken 11, and Jumoke must have taken 21. There were thus 39 stones altogether.
Re: Kimbat Releases Quizpayz Question For The Week for N10000 cash prize by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 08, 2019
kimbat:
QUIZPAYZ

This is my detailed and explanatory calculation boss

(1) (Reply)

Professional Advice On HND-PGD-MSC / Mathematics Or Computer Science? / Nigerian Couple Bag Phd, Named Best Student In Malaysian University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.