Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) (33921 Views)

Tokyo 2020: Nigeria’s First Olympics Gymnast, Uche Eke Crashes Out / Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast / Jade Faulkner, Nigerian Gymnast At The Commonwealth Games. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by mysportdab: 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2019
Here is the horror moment a gymnast from Auburn University broke both of her legs after suffering a horrific fall during competition this weekend, MySportDab reports.

She was making her first pass during her floor routine at the Baton Rouge Regional on Friday when she fell on the blind landing.

The crowd gasped as Cerio, a senior on the team, attempted a handspring double front but fell to the mat and screamed out in pain.

Cerio reportedly dislocated both of her knees and broke both of her legs.

She was carted out of the arena on a stretcher with air casts on both of her legs as the crowd gave her a standing ovation.

Video Below...

See;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/04/horror-moment-gymnast-breaks-both-legs.html

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by mysportdab: 12:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
Video HERE

1 Like

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by Adedapo57: 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
My God
Naa the death of water dey kill swimmer

9 Likes

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by RoyalBlu(f): 12:31pm On Apr 08, 2019
That musta really hurt. shocked

Pray she pulls through this. cry

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by yungsmart(m): 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2019
That's horrible, one of the few reasons I don't like gymnastics,even from childhood.

that's why I don't know how to do somersault even now things my cousins do with ease
Akant come and kee myself

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by WilliamsChelster(m): 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
angry
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by SleekyP(m): 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by forghon: 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2019
Just like that she will surely gt paid

1 Like

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2019
There goes her career

5 Likes

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by castrol180(m): 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2019
If it were in Nigeria, the need to have flown her abroad would have been 90% and may not get the funds for life, at the end of the day she'll get crippled.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by Sweetcollins: 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2019
Pele dear
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by Lee84: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2019
That looks like a pool of water she is diving into..watin I know sef
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by sonnie10: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2019
It’s just fractured, it might not be broken
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by freemanbubble: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2019
Okay
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by afoltundeseen(f): 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2019
Shebi nah for the abroad, a solution would be sought.

Check my signature.
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by OgbanjeProphet: 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2019
She will be on her feet before October. Thank God she is not a Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by derbykol(f): 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2019
forghon:
If I say something now they will begin to talk
With adequate medical facilities she will.It didn't happen in Africa.
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by phantom(m): 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2019
Looks like she instantly dislocated both knees. Plus the likely meniscal ligament tears and possible fractures... shocked shocked ......painful as fuk!

1 Like

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by rastaraj: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2019
End of sporting career,nah to dey narrate story for people he remain like dat...get well soon

2 Likes

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by ChristyB(f): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2019
As the crowd gave her a standing ovation hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by Zomdrone: 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2019
Sad
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by Deborachi(f): 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2019
Major disadvantage of gymnastics.
Speedy recovery cry
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by CuddleBear(f): 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2019
just one moment can run a gymnast's career
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by KingLennon(m): 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2019
The pain she will be facing now.....Quick recovery
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by bonechamberlain(m): 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2019
shocked
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by Goddyj(m): 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
For some of us that have gone through things like that, we know what she's passing through. Our prayers are with her.
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by ictlukman: 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
ah
Re: Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) by SweetJoystick(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
Adedapo57:
My God
Naa the death of water dey kill swimmer
grin you wicked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Volley Vs Man Utd Named Champions League Goal Of The Season (P / Lionel Messi "Banned From Barcelona Training" As Contract Saga Continues / Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.