Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,298 members, 7,829,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA (31668 Views)

Ayatu Momoh: Federal Poly Offa Lecturer Slumps And Dies In Kwara (Photo) / John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council / Lady Does Photoshoot With Her PhD Thesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by bidak(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
It is either the woman is lying or the OP misinterpreted her , how can she make 5. 0 Cgpa when we all know PHd is just thesis and no coursework

2 Likes

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Richiez(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
Nice cool

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by kingjrofficial(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
schoolboymatt:
And so what
bad belle is allowed..
But this this for ur minor witchcraft...[jealousy]

2 Likes

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Halo22: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
I don't understand, may be she was referring to masters degree program for the ph.d I know, is not being graded anywhere in the world..... Anyway congrats to her.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
ajk97:
How A Mother Of Four Completed Her Ph.d With 5.0 CPGA

Ochuwa Momoh George, a mother of four who recently completed her Ph.D from the University of Lagos (UNILAG) became an internet sensation few days after accounting her journey which was crowned with a CGPA of 5.0.

Ochuwa took to Facebook to share her post graduate doctoral success story and many were inspired.

She wrote: “Finally, Ph.D done….I am so glad to announce that I have successfully completed my Ph.D in Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management with a cgpa of 5.0/5.0! This journey has indeed been challenging…. amidst the ASUU strike extending this program for almost 2 sessions, the turbulent waters at one of my study locations in the Lagos lagoon that almost submerged the speed boat during one of my field trips, a full time job and 4 active sons….. Sometimes I wondered how I managed to scale through.

http://tellmystory.com.ng/story/how-a-mother-of-four-completed-her-phd-with-50-cpga

They are still lieing inside this hot sun. 5.0 for PhD. Chai see lie

5 Likes

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2019
Miketonia:

Bad belle. Just congratulate her, it won't take anything from u. May be this one no go school. Sorry error...

Don't be silly. I've studied in places where you can only dream of. What I mean is she has done her PhD. That in itself is an achievement. No need to belittle or magnify it because she is a mother of four. Most women see it as insulting. Again receive a little sense at least

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by agabusta: 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2019
sgd:
Congratulations. But Ph.D has no CGPA.

Each course and the thesis is graded. But there is no official grade for the degree itself.

2 Likes

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by XOGBADO(m): 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
anochuko01:
maybe her hubby, hubby's friend or her friend supervised it

Why are you like this? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Truthbites: 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
Congrats but u didn't acknowledge your Darling husband standing by ur side
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by agabusta: 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
yinchar:
When did they start grading PhD.

All over the world it’s a common knowledge PhD is not graded.

It’s either you PASS or FAIL.

And the pass mark is 50%.

Perhaps she’s saying that to boast her ego. Even for the Pass/Fail criteria. You can’t get 100% for your PhD.

Highly impossible. I stand to be corrected.

Although the degree itself is not graded, but each course completed is graded, including the thesis. So if you have As all through, you can validly claim you finished with a CGPA of 5.0.

2 Likes

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by category(m): 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
Nwodosis:
Ochuwa means being after Earthly things!
You better stop quoting what you don't know. Ochuwa means a child that brought wealth.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by agabusta: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
bidak:
It is either the woman is lying or the OP misinterpreted her , how can she make 5. 0 Cgpa when we all know PHd is just thesis and no coursework

Who told you there is no coursework in PhD? It all depends on the institution and the course.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by agabusta: 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
Element04:

They are still lieing inside this hot sun. 5.0 for PhD. Chai see lie

Ignorance.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by tripper003: 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
A breath of fresh air from salacious pages of women...Ovations for being a worthy scholastic exemplar. rubbish those people wey believe say married woman no fit school.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by DerideGull(m): 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
ajk97:

Ochuwa Momoh George, a mother of four who recently completed her Ph.D from the University of Lagos (UNILAG) became an internet sensation few days after accounting her journey which was crowned with a CGPA of 5.0.

Ochuwa took to Facebook to share her post graduate doctoral success story and many were inspired.

She wrote: “Finally, Ph.D done….I am so glad to announce that I have successfully completed my Ph.D in Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management with a cgpa of 5.0/5.0! This journey has indeed been challenging…. amidst the ASUU strike extending this program for almost 2 sessions, the turbulent waters at one of my study locations in the Lagos lagoon that almost submerged the speed boat during one of my field trips, a full time job and 4 active sons….. Sometimes I wondered how I managed to scale through.

http://tellmystory.com.ng/story/how-a-mother-of-four-completed-her-phd-with-50-cpga

How did this Ph.D has cumulative points?
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Nwodosis(m): 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
category:

You better stop quoting what you don't know. Ochuwa means a child that brought wealth.
I quoted the meaning in my own language and never cared what it meant in your own language!
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
category:

Igbo or Kogi name? I think the other guy interpreted it in igbo sense.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by ikorodureporta: 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
No b person package am for her
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2019
Imarnuel10:

Don't be silly. I've studied in places where you can only dream of. What I mean is she has done her PhD. That in itself is an achievement. No need to belittle or magnify it because she is a mother of four. Most women see it as insulting. Again receive a little sense at least

Lol, you don't get. Being a mother is a full time job in itself not to mention being a wife, having a job and then completing a PhD. Nobody's detracting from her achievement by mentioning she's a mother of four boys, they're instead lauding that fact because it's no mean feat.

2 Likes

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by DerideGull(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2019
sirqeeboi:
I thought phd isnt graded ??

You can own see that it is not Nigeria, aka, shithole. Any means that will avoid Nigerian teachers a peep under woman's skirts remains counted.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by tejpot(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2019
sgd:
It has! You do course work as well and that's graded.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2019
Phd isn't graded this way.

Its either PASS, PASS SUBJECT TO CORRECTIONS OR FAIL.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by beresponsible(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
Congratulations my sister.
See what you went through for the PhD and then that your stupid university will go confer doctorate degree to E-Money.

Dr. E-Money now on his insta page.

You are the real DOCTOR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by DerideGull(m): 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2019
agabusta:

Each course and the thesis is graded. But there is no official grade for the degree itself.

It is not graded but discussed with your adviser and most times rejected for a fresh start.

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by suratwo62: 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2019
ajk97:

She wrote: “Finally, Ph.D done….I am so glad to announce that I have successfully completed my Ph.D in Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management with a cgpa of 5.0/5.0!

Congratulations!!!
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by thesmallgod(m): 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2019
tejpot:

It has! You do course work as well and that's graded.
Maybe M.Phil/PhD
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by babyfaceafrica: 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2019
PhD no get grade now
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by agabusta: 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2019
sgd:

Each course has a grade including the thesis.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by qanda: 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2019
Amazing!
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by niyogeol(m): 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
yinchar:
When did they start grading PhD.

All over the world it’s a common knowledge PhD is not graded.

It’s either you PASS or FAIL.

And the pass mark is 50%.

Perhaps she’s saying that to boast her ego. Even for the Pass/Fail criteria. You can’t get 100% for your PhD.

Highly impossible. I stand to be corrected.

You are the first person to comment here to me. Whoever gave this post a title should be examined. I don't know of any place in the world where PhD is graded.

Seun, Lalasticla, please edit the title of this post. It is highly misleading. CGPA is not used in doctoral degree.

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by tejpot(m): 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
thesmallgod:

Maybe M.Phil/PhD
No, it's direct PhD. There are prescribed courses that you need to complete without which you can't even defend your thesis. It's everywhere. As long as there is a course, there must be an exam. The courses are basically taught by the PhD students and graded by the lecturer in charge based on the notes provided by each 'teacher' and superior experience as a lecturer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Idogbo Secondary Students Edo Destroy School Properties, Attack Principal, Polic / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School / What Song Comes To Your Mind - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.