Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Is It A Question Of Trust? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Question Of Trust? (1164 Views)

Fear And Lack Of Trust Ruining My Relationship / Man Gets Tattoo On His Stomach To Earn Back His Wife Trust / My Wife Betrayed My Trust On Her. Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Question Of Trust? by yazga: 10:19am On Apr 10, 2019
Why is it that men will have no qualms in putting down the name of their wife's as the Next of Kin but women will rather put down the names of their children as Next of Kin (NoK). Is it a question of trust or are they trying to imply that they care more about the children than the men?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by madridguy(m): 10:25am On Apr 10, 2019
That is woman for you.

Man money- our money

Woman money- my money

6 Likes

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
Spiciest?
Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by naijacentric(m): 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2019
yazga:
Why is it that men will have no qualms in putting down the name of their wife's as the Next of Kin but women will rather put down the names of their children as Next of Kin (NoK). Is it a question of trust or are they trying to imply that they care more about the children than the men?
God bless you i first saw dis on twitter asked a friend of mine she attacked me dat a woman takes care of child better dan a man and women dont trust their husbands dat i should not meddle into married people's problem since i am single my sister i weak!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by LadySarah: 4:17pm On Apr 13, 2019
But arent the children forbothof us?You should be happy,afterall,If Its Good for them then Its automatically Good for us.
Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by Roland17(m): 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
Not sure it is necessarily a thing of trust in my opinion.

Studies have shown that in comparison to women, men have a shorter life expectancy particularly in developing countries and in most cases, men are older than their wives, consequently, men cede or have their wives name as next of kin who they believe will remain alive to take care of the children after they pass. Women have their children because of the same mindset I highlighted above.

Culturally, there is the belief that men should be the primary providers of food/ resources in the household. Consequently, he can only give and not receive from the one he provides for. This bias is very prominent in African societies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/08/us-life-expectancy-hits-record-high/16874039/

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr67/nvsr67_05.pdf

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by devlishGINGER(m): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
It's just a simple case of feminine psychology and a case of trust. She thinks "My children will not marry another wife but my husband can decide to take another wife there by compromising my years of selfless love and effort. And the man's family can also raise eyebrows and claim the man's properties in the case of untimely demise ''.
However you see it, women don't like taking unnecessary risks

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by yazga: 8:02am On Apr 15, 2019
meaning?
specter:
Spiciest?
Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by yazga: 8:04am On Apr 15, 2019
shocked shocked
naijacentric:
God bless you i first saw dis on twitter asked a friend of mine she attacked me dat a woman takes care of child better dan a man and women dont trust their husbands dat i should not meddle into married people's problem since i am single my sister i weak!
Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by Chubhie: 9:57am On Apr 15, 2019
devlishGINGER:
It's just a simple case of feminine psychology and a case of trust. She thinks "My children will not marry another wife but my husband can decide to take another wife there by compromising my years of selfless love and effort. And the man's family can also raise eyebrows and claim the man's properties in the case of untimely demise ''.
However you see it, women don't like taking unnecessary risks
Very valid.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by babyfaceafrica: 10:45am On Apr 15, 2019
I don't care who my wife cedes her wealth to....mine is to the kids..no one else!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by StPete: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2019
Then it’ll only be fair that men cede their wealth to their kids and also make same their next of kin instead of the woman. I think henceforth, this is the way it’ll go for me

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by Rosebloom: 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
This is the exact same conversation I was having at work today.
The kind of marriages we have these days is a major reason.
You can't imagine a spouse that would at the blink of an eye toss you aside being your NOK.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by yazga: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
StPete:
Then it’ll only be fair that men cede their wealth to their kids and also make same their next of kin instead of the woman. I think henceforth, this is the way it’ll go for me
Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by izaray(f): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Its because some men lifestyle is not straight forward

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by pocohantas(f): 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
NOK is very different from Beneficiary.

NOK is who can be contacted in case of eventuality, it shouldn't be a minor.

Beneficiary is who you want to benefit from your estate or funds in event of demise.

Two different things.

That said, most men actually use their brothers. Yes, women use their kids.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by yazga: 7:27am On Apr 17, 2019
Nigerians
pocohantas:
NOK is very different from Beneficiary.

NOK is who can be contacted in case of eventuality, it shouldn't be a minor.

Beneficiary is who you want to benefit from your estate or funds in event of demise.

Two different things.

That said, most men actually use their brothers. Yes, women use their kids.
Re: Is It A Question Of Trust? by Rubyjade: 11:14am On May 25, 2022
undecided
madridguy:
That is woman for you.

Man money- our money

Woman money- my money

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? / Abuja Professional Cleaning Service. / I Need Your Opinion Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.