Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? (3527 Views)

Obi Cubana: Despite The Challenges Of November, 2021 Remains Our Best Year Ever / Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies / All About Bitcoin ,and Promotions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2019
Bitcoin has been rising for a few weeks now. From. 3k+, it has risen to 5k+ heading towards 6k.

Despite this, the atmosphere has been calmer.

Why?
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
I guess a lot of people have lost interest and are no longer following the cryptocurrency headlines.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by NiggasInParis: 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
Because it will still FALL.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2019
NiggasInParis:
Because it will still FALL.
lol really? Says someone who thinks short term lol
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
Chrisakuneme:
I guess a lot of people have lost interest and are no longer following the cryptocurrency headlines.

Yes, that may have been the case but only if you were thinking short term. For the long term holders, it is nothing. I wouldn't mind buying more at this stage and forgetting it but another investment has my money.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by NiggasInParis: 12:19am On Apr 11, 2019
SmartMen:
lol really? Says someone who thinks short term lol

Nigga don't you quote me and talk trash. We are custodians and I tell you how shii will be in the future.

Ever since December 2017 IVST has not increase its record breaking mark of 17th December 2017 at $19,700 and 15th Dec. $17,900 - Home boys lost millions hopping on the band wagon just a few days before.. It was like a curse, yet 2 years later and you celebrating a shaky 1.8m? Na wah 4 u o, That's Mediocre!

Besides, lalasticlala I think this deserves FP for people to learn matters that touch the heart.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 5:57am On Apr 11, 2019
NiggasInParis:

Nigga don't you quote me and talk trash. We are custodians and I tell you how shii will be in the future.

Ever since December 2017 IVST has not increase its record breaking mark of 17th December 2017 at $19,700 and 15th Dec. $17,900 - Home boys lost millions hopping on the band wagon just a few days before.. It was like a curse, yet 2 years later and you celebrating a shaky 1.8m? Na wah 4 u o, That's Mediocre!

Besides, lalasticlala I think this deserves FP for people to learn matters that touch the heart.
before the great depression,
Warren Buffet was shinning his shoe and the shoe shiner brought out a paper, showing him the next best stock to buy.

After he left he thought that if a shoe shiner could be into stock, then the market is already too saturated, he knew it was time to exit the market and on that day, he sold all his stocks.

Few weeks later the market crashed.

Shhhh... Contrarians are rarely defeated. Never follow popular trend. Get in when everyone is out and get out when everyone is in. That is the rule....

When I really want to double my money, I don't do what majority do.

Yeah, lalasticlala should put this on front page.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by anochuko01(m): 6:04am On Apr 11, 2019
Anything coins no dey get long term value. thats my submissiongrin

more experts should come in

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 8:12am On Apr 11, 2019
anochuko01:
Anything coins no dey get long term value. thats my submissiongrin

more experts should come in
bros, it does. Adaptability and mainstream applications is what is needed.

Know when to enter and know when to get out. Get in now and when the market has regained some momentum, get out!

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2019
SmartMen:
Warren Buffet was shinning his shoe and the shoe shiner brought out a paper, showing him the next best stock to buy.

After he left he thought that if a shoe shiner could be into stock, then the market is already too saturated, he knew it was time to exit the market and on that day, he sold all his stocks.

Shhhh... Contrarians are rarely defeated. Never follow popular trend. Get in when everyone is out and get out when everyone is in. That is the rule....

Very good point.

By the way for someone like me who gets confused by the multitude of coins available in the crypto space, is it a good, safe idea to simply stick to bitcoin alone and accumulate as much as I can, with a long term view?
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by cardtonic: 8:32am On Apr 11, 2019
Chrisakuneme:
Right

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2019
Hedonini:

Very good point.

By the way for someone like me who gets confused by the multitude of coins available in the crypto space, is it a good, safe idea to simply stick to bitcoin alone and accumulate as much as I can, with a long term view?
in situations like this, you have to depend on history., the historical data of past performance should guide you. Bitcoin, Ethereum are a good start.

The goal is to ride the trend and pull out when it gets crowded. How do you know when to pull out? When every tom, dlck and Harry start talking about it.

Here is why, around the time I read the story of how Buffet exited the market before it crashed, I was at Nnewi to see a brother, I just gained admission then and was still young.

While at his office (he was into stock trading and buying of stocks for people), an Okada rider walked in and wanted to buy stock/shares. At that point, my mind flashed back to what I had read about Buffet. I read it in the book "Rich Dad's Guide to Investment.

I smiled.

It wasn't long afterward that we had a global recession... This was in 2008.

My bros changed his line thereafter, I guess for sake of people asking for their money. He sold his car and hasn't found it easy ever since.

History always repeat itself.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by NiggasInParis: 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
SmartMen:

Well, you have a point no doubt. You sure do
It was this type of consciousness that made me joined in the first place.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by Nnamsco4real: 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
SmartMen:

I just learnt a good lesson from you today. Your head is very correct.

Aside coins, how can I keep up to date with upcoming trends? When I was younger, we laughed at people who were into programming and development, many years later, they are FAR far richer and gainfully employed than me, per se.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by clems88(m): 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
Mtceeeew.
Just checked my block chain wallet yesterday, scammer swept my hard earned money without me receiving any email authorization and 2FA password. angry . God will punish people.

Am sure don with anything crypto angry

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by fxspans: 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
Exchange rate risk is inherent in foreign
exchange trading.

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
Nnamsco4real:

I just learnt a good lesson from you today. Your head is very correct.

Aside coins, how can I keep up to date with upcoming trends? When I was younger, we laughed at people who were into programming and development, many years later, they are FAR far richer and gainfully employed than me, per se.
you can still learn programming if you have clear head....

I was on quora when a lady shared her pitiful story and still managed to learn coding at over 40 years of age so that she could feed...

For popular trend, I don't know what category you are talking about.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by DZTech: 3:13am On Apr 12, 2019
SmartMen:
Bitcoin has been rising for a few weeks now. From. 3k+, it has risen to 5k+ heading towards 6k.

Despite this, the atmosphere has been calmer.

Why?
https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/04/11/not-a-dump-crypto-market-loses-15-billion-in-a-day-as-bitcoin-slips/
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 6:14am On Apr 12, 2019
DZTech:
https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/04/11/not-a-dump-crypto-market-loses-15-billion-in-a-day-as-bitcoin-slips/
no trading is without such bros and besides bitcoin has nature of retracing after a few rise like other currency traded. The basis of me creating this thread is that it rose from $3k to $5k which shows it has potential to go more when it stayed at $3k for several months or a year sef.

I will quote you when it hits $6k soon.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by quivah(f): 8:53am On Apr 12, 2019
clems88:
Mtceeeew.
Just checked my block chain wallet yesterday, scammer swept my hard earned money without me receiving any email authorization and 2FA password. angry . God will punish people.

Am sure don with anything crypto angry
how come?
someone probably had access to your phone.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 9:41am On Apr 12, 2019
quivah:

how come?

Abi o
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by clems88(m): 10:31am On Apr 12, 2019
quivah:

how come?
its surprising because my phone is well passworded . and no one close to me does crypto . I'm just wondering how comes. undecided
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2019
clems88:
its surprising because my phone is well passworded . and no one close to me does crypto . I'm just wondering how comes. undecided
lol bros, someone hacked into KY facebook account one day and changed my dp but hadn't changed my password. I quickly changed the password and activated 2FA
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 6:31pm On May 15, 2019
DZTech:

I told u I will quote u when bitcoin hit 6k but today it is at 8k.

How are u doing?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by DZTech: 5:04pm On May 19, 2019
SmartMen:

I told u I will quote u when bitcoin hit 6k but today it is at 8k.

How are u doing?
if I recall correctly, bitcoin passed 10k in 2017/18.
which means that at 3-6k, many people lost money.
stop rejoicing over d flash, look for d substance.
good luck.

modified-
I was even wrong. it hit 15k.
c chart in link-
https://en.bitcoinwiki.org/wiki/Bitcoin_history
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by Dbossmanager: 5:20pm On May 19, 2019
here we go again......run....run...run....
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by DZTech: 5:32pm On May 19, 2019
Dbossmanager:
here we go again......run....run...run....
that's wrong.
d point is to prepare well b4 entering any business.
d best way to treat crypto is to be an exchange.
next is to treat it as forex.
cos it IS forex trading:
buy low, sell high.
research key indicators and use them wisely.
spread ur bets over several rising coins and-
focus on daily/weekly short term gains.

if u buy any currency and keep it, expecting it to keep rising, ur name will be Oyo.
who does that anyway?
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by kufekpo(m): 6:38pm On May 19, 2019
clems88:

No matter how your password is secured. These bad guys are on rampage. The rate they hack into people's accounts is alarming. Last month, my well- secured website was hacked and taken down.
I think the best thing to do is make sure you don't allow server to save your password and you change your password every week.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by bobojoshua(m): 7:07pm On May 19, 2019
clems88:
Trojans boss. Next time, get hardware wallet if you intend investing large sum of money.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by SmartMen: 7:29am On Jun 22, 2019
DZTech:
if I recall correctly, bitcoin passed 10k in 2017/18.
which means that at 3-6k, many people lost money.
stop rejoicing over d flash, look for d substance.
good luck.

modified-
I was even wrong. it hit 15k.
c chart in link-
https://en.bitcoinwiki.org/wiki/Bitcoin_history

Bitcoin actually hit 20k. It's 107xx today. It may retrace soon.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? by twnklshop: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2019
Facebook has with the announcement of Libra made cryptocurrency to have a better image. But Libra is to launch in 2020. 2020 is too far. Nigerians need to own cryptocurrency today. I am giving out some units of cryptocurrency for free until midnight on June 30, 2019. When you receive it you can keep it in your pernum wallet and watch the value rise, maybe you can sell it in 2020 when Libra launches.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A 14hp Imex Lister Generator With 7.5kva Alternator For Sale / How I Made 985,000 Through Soccer Betting / Enough Palm Oil And Palm Kernel To Supply.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.