Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy (2848 Views)

Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria / See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) / How To Make Vegetable Gravy | A Healthy Alternative to stew (pictures and video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy by Blessedblae(f): 10:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
Good evening house.. shocked sad
I am Blessing Abraham, the face behind Cakes Art and Craft. I am a Baker who is also passionate about new and affordable way to showcase my cakes skills. I am happy I found Paper dummy and its useful to both startup, home based and professional bakers.

Starting up with little or no cake photo collections to speak out your is not a very easy one. Your only customers will be family and some friends who can believe in you. How much will that make you? Discouraging right? Yes I know because I was there.

If you can afford a Styrofoam dummy, how often do you have to change melting fondant and how cheap is porcelain paste? How economical and stress free is that? Do you know you can save cost and have a lot of beautiful dummies displayed in your shop made with just papers?
Oh yessss.

So what the heck is this Paper dummy?
First of all, a cake dummy is simply a fake cake. It is usually made with Styrofoam dummy covered with fondant, cold porcelain etc
So a Paper Dummy is a fake cake made with paper.

The Paper types used for paper dummy making includes:
- Cardboard
- Emboss Paper
- Glossy Paper
- Folding Box Board (FBB)
- Art Card
- Strawboard

The major criteria for choosing the Paper type for dummy are the Appearance and thickness of the Paper.
I personal prefer glossy paper because of its shiny appearance. I combine strawboard and any of the Paper when thickness matters to me.

Other materials needed for paper dummy making include;
- Rulers or tape
- Gum ( Uhu gum or Top bond)
- A pair of Scissors
- Paper cutter
- Pen or pencil
- Compass or large round object

So of what use is Paper dummy to a Baker?
1. It is an affordable way to showcase your Cake skills in your business place and on social media
2. You can confidently build a beautiful cake photo collections that can represent your creativity.
3. Unlike Styrofoam dummy covered with fondant, you don't have to worry over melting fondant and replacing it.
4. It is not affected by weather and it keep for a very long time.
5. It can serve as a framework or structure to bring alive the mental picture in your mind.
6. Enhance your creativity.

So no more worries.
Get up and get to work.
Let the world know you are a baker and a great cake designer.
Bakers and Cakers are creative....

Best regards
Blessing Abraham.
Cakes Art and Craft

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy by Blessedblae(f): 7:36am On Apr 11, 2019
When showcasing your Cake skills and cutting down cost really matters to you, this is what you need.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy by Blessedblae(f): 10:26am On Apr 11, 2019
If you want to learn how to make this Beautiful Paper dummies, say Hi....

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy by jaywize(f): 11:04am On Apr 11, 2019
Hi
Re: Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy by Blessedblae(f): 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2019
jaywize:
Hi
I have an online training on how to make it
Chat me 08171942132

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
It’s really hot when you women show off your creativity.

Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy by Blessedblae(f): 2:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
mrAMG2:
It’s really hot when you women show off your creativity.

Keep it up!

Thanks
Re: Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy by Blessedblae(f): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
D. I. Y saving lives since 19......
Paper dummy is serving...

(1) (Reply)

Vegetable Yam Porridge Recipe / Electrical Engineer Cake / 3 Days Without Food Diary.... Follow Me On My Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.