Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others (6296 Views)

What's Your Best Christian Book / What's Your Best Christian Movie? / 10 Of The Best Christian Movies Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by KAG: 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2007
debosky:

why wouldn't you recommend RB's books?

With all due respect to Mz. Brown, they are full of shit. And yes, I read them.

1 Like

Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by lafile(m): 9:17am On Jun 13, 2007
Who has read "Jesus Freaks"?
Its a collection of short stories and reports about persecution of christians right from the time of the apostles to present day Nigeria. really touching.
It was inspired by a 1995 song of the same name by the band DC talk. The members of the group also contribute.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by thesilent1(m): 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2007
Who has read "Jesus Freaks"?

amazing stories! led to my having "jesus freaks" tattooed on my whole fore arms! lol.

ah, the good old days of zeal and no wisdom! lol god must have been laughing his head off seeing the things i did in the name of passion and zeal

thank god, now its just me heart that is getting inked by god's words
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by PurestBoy(m): 5:09am On Jun 24, 2007
Papashira is quite right. Kenneth Hagin, Smith Wigglesworth and Charles Finney have the best collections of Christian books.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by MP007(m): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2007
The book of Revelation ,
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2007
PurestBoy:

Papashira is quite right. Kenneth Hagin, Smith Wigglesworth and Charles Finney have the best collections of Christian books.
Oh Oh!!! I'm sure you haven't tried A.W.Tozer collections!!! They are great too. Examples are The Uncommon Christian, Born After Midnight . . . . etc
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by dreamnaira(m): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2007
the Book " The Great Controversy" written by E.G.White.
There is no need of advertising this book but just pick one for yourself, you will give the testimony. It's a book that I see that has answers to many questions that are been asked today that seem to have no answers. It's a book that can change your life, if you allow the spirit of God to do His work.

Just look for one today and know why evil still exist.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2007
@dream naira

I'll try and see if I could get the book, maybe this weekend. . .But A Ready Defense: By Josh McDowell is another book with vital lines of defense for Christianity[i](it expantiates on so many controversial issues as well)[/i]
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by Backslider(m): 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2007
Homiletics Good for preachers
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by dreamnaira(m): 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2007
I couldn't remember all the christian books i have read but will recommend the following books to any body that thought him/her had read should check on these:
* "Lifechanging Results" this set of five books, in the series are; "The Great Controversy, Patriachs and Prophets, Prophets and Kings, The Desire of Ages, The Acts of the Apostles," [ Author E.G.White, she died in 1915, but no body can finish reading the books written by this woman even if that person should start reading it from the day he/she is born.}

These three books also will change your life: The Life-Giving Secrets Set; ''Living the Life of the Lifegiver, Education, The ministry of Healing"[ Authored by, E.G.White.]
These three books if one will read and practice what is therein, will see him/herself's life beyond this mortal being, becuase you see christ living in you.

This woman at her life time wrote more than 5000 articles and 25 books which left no area of human live untouched. Some of those article {manuscripts} are still in print and compile as books today. At her life time in one of her visions she saw a space in orion in her book " Early Writings," hundred years ago she saw this vision, just in resent time now , the astronomers had discovered that there is space in orion which measured 19 trillion miles in diameter. I will not tell you what she said about that space just go and look for that book " Early Writings'' by E.G.White, here you will know why i'm reading and will continue reading her books to dig out the events as partaining to our time.

Just grab one of these books and you will look for more as you will confirm that it was through God inspiration that they were written.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by dreamnaira(m): 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2007
Olowo Tee,

Mail me on this calibek26@yahoo.com, so that i can tell you on how to get the book bscause you can see it in any christian bookshop, it very scare but i will help you if you want to really have it. It worth having my sister, we are just walking in life without knowning some thing that are happening to us and why they are happening.
This book will uncover to you what is happening and why and the stage we are in God's timing.

Thanx for you indication of interest to know deep things of God.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by omerese(m): 4:35am On Oct 06, 2007
yes, Frank Peretti's books stand on their own, you should have it in your collection and read it over and over.
the other book i loved was 'Epistles to the Apostles', Funny but thought evoking.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by uf4oma(f): 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2007
Knowing God Intimately by Joyce Meyer. It talks about how the amount of time you spend with God directly impacts on the changes that you will experience in your personality. It answered so many questions for me at the time I read it and started listening to Joyce, that I'm now totally into her ministry. I think she's an awesome teacher.
Kenneth Hagin- The Believer's Authority-Legacy Edition-awesome. Did wonders for my spiritual growth when I started praying those Ephesians 1:17-19 and 3:16-19 prayers.
Stormie Omartian: Power of a Praying Woman. It's my daily manual. If I'm going through something and I'm looking for an answer and don't know how to pray, I simply pick up this book.
T. D. Jakes: Can You Stand to be Blessed- It's the best book I read about going through adversity and understanding God's working in tough times.

There are so many wonderful servants of God and time would fail me to mention Bishop David Oyedepo, Francis Wale Oke, Lynn Hammond, Juanita Bynum, Michelle Mckinney Hammond, Creflo Dollar, Dr. K.C Price. But the greatest of them all is the Holy Bible itself. Give me the Psalms and Proverbs anyday.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by Infourmer: 11:46am On Oct 08, 2007
How to make your faith work- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by replenish(f): 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2007
THE BURDEN OF FREEDOM BY MYLES MUNROE

ITS A MIND BLOWING BOOK, IT WILL MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND THE RESPONSIBILITY THAT COMES WITH FREEDOM.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by liftedone(f): 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2007
I think at every point in time, a book comes along that helps to strengthen you for the situation you are in. I just recently read Sassy, Single & Satisfied, secrets to loving the life you're living by Michelle McKinney Hammond and I found it very exhilarating.

Page 43: Title - Ticktock. "Help my biological clock is ticking. Doesn't God know I'm running out of time?" Well, I've settled this issue. My clock is broken. It no longer clangs in my ears. We can set a clock on the mantel of our hearts and work ourselves into a fine frenzy if we insist on staring at it. Or we can search for other ways to be fruitful.

Totally set me free.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by nonsoafm(m): 5:09am On Nov 05, 2015
Expository Thoughts on Matthew by J.C. Ryle Nice thread please keep it comming.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by eureka: 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
When God visits you
How to make your faith work
Rhapsody of Realities Compendium 123
How to Pray effectively Vol 1
Healing from Heaven
All books by Past Chris Oyakhilome. I have all his books unless he published one last night. You will be metamorphosed to a mentality of righteouness consciousness.

Truly inspiring
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by ihotukondu: 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
"Finishing Strong" by Steve Ferrar. Especially if you are young.
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by nonsoafm(m): 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
dreamnaira:
I couldn't remember all the christian books i have read but will recommend the following books to any body that thought him/her had read should check on these:
* "Lifechanging Results" this set of five books, in the series are; "The Great Controversy, Patriachs and Prophets, Prophets and Kings, The Desire of Ages, The Acts of the Apostles," [ Author E.G.White, she died in 1915, but no body can finish reading the books written by this woman even if that person should start reading it from the day he/she is born.}

These three books also will change your life: The Life-Giving Secrets Set; ''Living the Life of the Lifegiver, Education, The ministry of Healing"[ Authored by, E.G.White.]
These three books if one will read and practice what is therein, will see him/herself's life beyond this mortal being, becuase you see christ living in you.

This woman at her life time wrote more than 5000 articles and 25 books which left no area of human live untouched. Some of those article {manuscripts} are still in print and compile as books today. At her life time in one of her visions she saw a space in orion in her book " Early Writings," hundred years ago she saw this vision, just in resent time now , the astronomers had discovered that there is space in orion which measured 19 trillion miles in diameter. I will not tell you what she said about that space just go and look for that book " Early Writings'' by E.G.White, here you will know why i'm reading and will continue reading her books to dig out the events as partaining to our time.

Just grab one of these books and you will look for more as you will confirm that it was through God inspiration that they were written.

Too voluminous, no wonder you said no one can finish her books.
Thanks for recommending
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by johnw47: 5:11am On Jan 30, 2020
jeshua:
My dad will always say:

H old
O n
L oyally
Y our

B est
I nstruction
B efore
L eaving
E arth

HOLY BIBLE
Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by Gloww: 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
Have you made so many mistakes in the past that you're beginning to think that nothing good can ever come out of your life? 'Don't Write Me Off' is the perfect read for you. 'Don't Write Me off' is a Christian novel aimed at letting people know that no matter the wrong they may have done in the past, there's still hope for them.
Word count: 90,000 words
Price: N1000
Get it at okadabooks, https://okadabooks.com/book/about/detail/31942
or you can chat me up on WhatsApp @ +2348034651945 to by directly via bank transfer.

EXCERPT
Caroline Williams rubbed her hands together as she stepped out of the elevator. "Take a deep breath, you can do this." She muttered.
She didn't know what to think of herself visiting a man in a hotel room on a Friday night, but this wasn't just any man. This was Jack Albert, the man she had slowly fallen in love with in the past month. She wondered how she could fall for a man she didn't even know that much. All she knew was that he was a regular customer at Maddie's Diner, the place where she worked as a waitress. He hadn't noticed her until the day before, and now, here she was. She knew she was crossing the boundaries she had set for herself. She shouldn't be alone with a man in an enclosed place, not to talk of a hotel room, but one problem she had was saying no to people. She found it hard to disappoint people; that was why she said yes to Jack's pleas even when she knew she shouldn't have. She just needed to know the reason he called her here. She’d be very careful. If he tried anything funny, she'd leave immediately.
Walking down the corridor and throwing glances at the numbers written above each door, Caroline came to a halt at the door to room 542. This was it. She slowly inhaled, counted one to three, slowly exhaled and knocked. Seconds later, the door opened and there he was. The man who had filled her thoughts for weeks now, only a few feet separating them.
"You came." His smile made her blush.
"Yeah. I did." She tried not to let her nervousness show.
He slowly scanned her from head to toe. Was he ogling her? She was happy but didn't let it show.
"Come in." He opened the door wider.
Caroline stepped in and he shut the door. Jack's masculine scent filled the room.
He moved closer to her, a little closer than necessary. Biting his lip, he scanned her face, his gaze lingering on her lips. She gave him a tense smile; this was awkward. She attempted to break the silence.
"So, why did you invi—" He kissed her, cutting her off. She was shocked but slowly regained composure.
"Wait." She pulled away. "Aren't you married?" This was the point where she should leave.
"Of course not." He kissed her again, weakening her resolve.
This was wrong. This wasn't love. She placed her hands on his chest in an attempt to push him away, but his fast heartbeat spoke the words he hadn't. He wanted her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and returned the kiss, letting out all the feelings she had tried hard to subdue in the past month. Lost in the moment and not regarding the consequences of their actions, they sinned against their very own bodies.
Someone was sobbing, or was she dreaming? Caroline opened her eyes to find the space beside her empty. The sobs continued. It had to be Jack. She looked around the room, wondering where the sobs were coming from. He was nowhere to be found.
More sobs.
Perhaps, he was in the bathroom. She slipped into her sweater-gown which was lying on the floor and headed to the bathroom, the sobs, getting louder as she approached.
"Jack, are you alright?"
No answer.
"Jack?"
No answer.
"I'm coming in."
She opened the door and there he was, hunched by the sink.
"Hey." She gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze. "What's wrong?"
He looked at her, pain evident in his eyes. "I'm sorry Caroline."
Sorry? Why was he sorry? Was he planning to dump her? She cringed at the thought. No, he couldn't. They both enjoyed last night, so what could he be sorry about?
"Sorry about what?"
He held her hands and sobbed harder. "I'm so sorry."
Was he apologizing because he had deflowered her?
"Hey." She said, "No need to apologize, I wanted it as much as you did."
"No. You don't understand."
"Then make me understand," Her voice broke. "Please."
"I'm married."
No, she didn't hear that right. "Come again, please."
"I'm married." His guilt was evident in his eyes.
"What? You lied to me."
"I'm sorry." He said.
If he had stabbed her and twisted the knife inside her, the pain would have been more bearable than what she was feeling.
"That's not all." He avoided eye contact.
What could be worse than what he'd just told her?
"I'm the senior pastor at Shalom Youth Ministry."
Caroline screamed.
"I'm sorry, Caroline" He reached for her face.
"Don't touch me." She barked, causing him to cringe. With tears running down her cheeks, she started out of the bathroom. When he held her hand, she turned and slapped him hard.
"I never want to see you again. Don't call, don't text"
"Carol—"
"Just stay away from me, Pastor." She laid more emphasis on the last word and stormed out of the bathroom. Ignoring his pleas, she picked up her bag and left the hotel room.
Caroline couldn’t control the tears as she walked down the hallway and boarded the elevator. Thankful that no one was in, she leaned on the wall and wept.
She wept because she had committed adultery.
She wept because she had lost her virginity to a man who didn’t deserve it. She felt so cheap.
She wept because she had fallen in love with a man she could never be with.

IF YOU ENJOYED THAT LITTLE EXCERPT, THEN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GET THE FULL BOOK @https://okadabooks.com/book/about/detail/31942
OR CHAT ME UP @+2348034651945 TO BUY VIA BANK TRANSFER.

Re: The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others by nonsoafm(m): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
The making of a prophet by Jennifer Leclaire

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Almost A Victim Of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo - Franca. / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" / United States Discovered In Bible Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.