Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) (34234 Views)

Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed / The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking / Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by ijustdey: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2019

Helen Joseph

Nigerian-born female boxer, Helen Joseph, popularly known as “The Iron Lady” has challenged her counterparts in the United States to a fight, saying she is ready to knock out her competition.

The former IBF champion in the featherweight division said during a courtesy visit to the Nigerian Consul General in New York, Mr Benayaogha Okoyen, that she wanted to put Nigeria on the world female boxing map.

Joseph, also nicknamed “The Princess of Africa” in her boxing world, had three different boxing titles: the WBF, IBF, GBU but she confessed her opponents were afraid to come out to fight her.

She ranks among the top in the world of female boxing and has five weight classes – flyweight 115, bantamweight 118, superbantam 112, featherweight 116 and any other super featherweight 129.

“In these categories, all these female boxers are running, they don’t want to fight me. When I was back in Africa, they were reigning all over the U.S. and they were unbeatable.

“But ‘The Iron Lady’ has arrived and everybody has run away, nobody wants to fight. I mean I’m knocking on their doors and they don’t want to come out. What’s wrong with you girls?

“So all these while you have been fighting cheap opponents, now that I have arrived, nobody wants to show face,” Joseph said.

“But I will bring them out because they have what I need, they have all the titles that I desire.

“I will keep collecting those titles from them and pack them because I know they will not take it from me.

“I want that message to go out there and let them to know that I remain the ‘Iron Lady’, the ‘Princess of Africa’ and I fear nobody,” Joseph taunted her competition.

Joseph awards are: the best fighter of the year 2015, the best fighter of the year 2012 and the best knockout of the year 2017.

According to her, however, there is the need to fight a world title on the Nigerian soil so as to put the name of her country on the world’s boxing map.

“There is no world title in Nigeria right now in boxing. If they say all world titles should line up now, Nigeria is not among because there is no world title in Nigeria now.

The Rivers State-born boxer said in the history of female boxing in West Africa, she was the first woman who had travelled to different countries and won three world titles.

“I also won two awards in boxing and I have fought for two world titles in two countries that I’m sure I won because I knocked down all my opponents but they robbed me because I travelled to their countries.”

Joseph shared her ultimate dream: “One support I want from my government is to promote my world title fight in Nigeria. I want to go back home. I want to fight in my own country.

“I want my country to watch the kind of action and power God has given me. The fight I want Nigeria to sponsor for me is the World Boxing Organisation.

“If I have a sponsorship, I’m supposed to fight on June 10 in New York City. Then I will go back to Nigeria to defend the title.

“So that’s why I want my country to support me so I can fight my opponents on the Nigerian soil and take back what belongs to me.

“I am proud of Nigeria and I love my country. Even when I was in Ghana, I used the Nigerian Passport and everyone asked me to change my passport to Ghana’s passport but I refused.

“I know Ghana loves me and supported me a lot; Ghana is my second country,” she said

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerian-helen-joseph-feared-by-american-female-boxers/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 11, 2019
Which woman go gree fight this man abeg?

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Ajibolatao(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
Contact me for your access to lynda.com to watch and download hundred of courses which include web design, web development, programming, marketing, graphics design, data science, SEO, affiliate marketing, blogging for a token.
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by lookingfly: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
F
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Odioko1(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
I
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Iyke1998(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
Too much of Fufu at work

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Mandrake007(m): 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
That’s man ask her to pull her pants

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Englishgold: 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
Show them that Africa is their root. Black rules

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by NotBeenPaid: 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2019

She looks like someone chisel outta a rock

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Latidoh1: 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
Congratulations to her
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by AbikeDabiri: 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by okeyumez(m): 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
gorilla sighted
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Truth234(m): 2:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
Katie Taylor will beat Helen but she tried against Claressa Shields in Sparring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoY1NsUt-Qk
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Iseoluwani: 2:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
Tnks to fufu u ate all year long
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by crossfm: 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
Keep making us proud.teach them what African food can do.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by vicysegun: 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
Helen Joseph

Nigerian-born female boxer, Helen Joseph, popularly known as “The Iron Lady” has challenged her counterparts in the United States to a fight, saying she is ready to knock out her competition.

The former IBF champion in the featherweight division said during a courtesy visit to the Nigerian Consul General in New York, Mr Benayaogha Okoyen, that she wanted to put Nigeria on the world female boxing map.

Joseph, also nicknamed “The Princess of Africa” in her boxing world, had three different boxing titles: the WBF, IBF, GBU but she confessed her opponents were afraid to come out to fight her.

She ranks among the top in the world of female boxing and has five weight classes – flyweight 115, bantamweight 118, superbantam 112, featherweight 116 and any other super featherweight 129.

“In these categories, all these female boxers are running, they don’t want to fight me. When I was back in Africa, they were reigning all over the U.S. and they were unbeatable.

“But ‘The Iron Lady’ has arrived and everybody has run away, nobody wants to fight. I mean I’m knocking on their doors and they don’t want to come out. What’s wrong with you girls?

“So all these while you have been fighting cheap opponents, now that I have arrived, nobody wants to show face,” Joseph said.

“But I will bring them out because they have what I need, they have all the titles that I desire.

“I will keep collecting those titles from them and pack them because I know they will not take it from me.

“I want that message to go out there and let them to know that I remain the ‘Iron Lady’, the ‘Princess of Africa’ and I fear nobody,” Joseph taunted her competition.

Joseph awards are: the best fighter of the year 2015, the best fighter of the year 2012 and the best knockout of the year 2017.

According to her, however, there is the need to fight a world title on the Nigerian soil so as to put the name of her country on the world’s boxing map.

“There is no world title in Nigeria right now in boxing. If they say all world titles should line up now, Nigeria is not among because there is no world title in Nigeria now.

The Rivers State-born boxer said in the history of female boxing in West Africa, she was the first woman who had travelled to different countries and won three world titles.

“I also won two awards in boxing and I have fought for two world titles in two countries that I’m sure I won because I knocked down all my opponents but they robbed me because I travelled to their countries.”

Joseph shared her ultimate dream: “One support I want from my government is to promote my world title fight in Nigeria. I want to go back home. I want to fight in my own country.

“I want my country to watch the kind of action and power God has given me. The fight I want Nigeria to sponsor for me is the World Boxing Organisation.

“If I have a sponsorship, I’m supposed to fight on June 10 in New York City. Then I will go back to Nigeria to defend the title.

“So that’s why I want my country to support me so I can fight my opponents on the Nigerian soil and take back what belongs to me.

“I am proud of Nigeria and I love my country. Even when I was in Ghana, I used the Nigerian Passport and everyone asked me to change my passport to Ghana’s passport but I refused.

“I know Ghana loves me and supported me a lot; Ghana is my second country,” she said
[/i][i]
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
Mandrake007:
That’s man ask her to pull her pants

She is a woman.

Sporting bodies have ways of finding out fakers. If she was a man, they would have kicked her out long time ago.

She boxed and won an IBF title. IBF is a reputeable sporting and boxing body. They are not so careless as to allow a fake female box in the female section and vice versa.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Lekan1o1: 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2019
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by TANID(m): 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2019
Can You Marry Her
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Lilimax(f): 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2019
She strong kakarakaaa smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by Zombicmodz: 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2019
PuntHunt:
Which woman go gree fight this man abeg?

Such a person would lose 3 ways

�Title

�Health

�Looks

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by gbengasule29: 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
great feet
Re: Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) by okooloyun1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
This is serious something...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Hat-Trick As Portugal Win 6-0 Vs Lithuania / Chelsea May Have To Leave Stamford Bridge For At Least Two Seasons / Goalkeeper, Tochukwu Oluehi The Heroine As The Super Falcons Win 9th AWCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.