Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him (41300 Views)

Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League / Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) / Commentator Addresses Peter Rufai As ‘Late’ During Libya Vs Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Explorers(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2017
Former Nigeria international, Peter Rufai has raised an alarm over his encounter with some security officials of the American Embassy in Lagos last week.

According to the former Nigeria goalkeeper, he was returning from a party organised by a family member in the early hours of Tuesday, October 24 when he drove past a stationary American Embassy armoured SUV near Alaka bus stop, in Surulere area of Lagos.

The moment I drove past them, they started pursuing me, from Alaka I went through under the stadium bridge through Adeniran Ogunsanya then to the Bode Thomas Police station where I stopped for my safety and to lay a complaint.

“As they were pursuing me, they kept bashing the side of my car, like what we see in the movies.

I became afraid of my life because I did not know who the occupants were.”

“I want them to be punished for them to know that what they did was wrong,”Rufai said.

According to police sources, the American Embassy officials accused Rufai of brushing them and when they flagged him down, he failed to stop.

“That resulted in the chase.” the source said.

The Public Relations Officer of the Bode Thomas Police Station, Olaride Famous Cole confirmed the incident to Vanguard saying, “there was a minor traffic matter involving Peter Rufai and officials of the Embassy but the Divisional Police Officer was ready to settle the two parties amicably.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/rufai-decries-american-embassy-officials-treatment/

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by amnesty7: 10:09am On Nov 01, 2017
Saying this because you are alive. If they had killed you they would have labelled you a suspected terrorist and that it was an error. Be grateful instead. You know they won't do them anything. A legend you are, though.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 01, 2017
Peter Rufai, better defend yourself. Buhari doesn't know anyone else unless you are from Daura.

Also watch how you move about at odd hours

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by nairavsdollars(f): 11:26am On Nov 01, 2017
So Americans will still dictate to us how we walk on our roads...this is absurd

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2017
Na wa

Na Nigerians go dey drive that American embassy car, who wan bet am with me?

101 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by adisabarber(m): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2017
So American embassy officials have the right to chase people on Nigerian roads?

73 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by free2ryhme: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2017
Becos they used American embassy vehicle does not mean they have to take laws into their hands

If the case were opposite in their country they would have arrested the diplomat in the process citing their law as being superior

Na the useless country called Nigeria caused all this nonsense when we don't have regards for our own laws

31 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by myners007: 11:28am On Nov 01, 2017
Bros they repartriate u too like Lil kesh if na only maltreat ment u get we go revolt against them
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by olamil34(m): 11:28am On Nov 01, 2017
get the best prices from different stores on [url]quickfinda.com[/url]
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Rexnegro(m): 11:28am On Nov 01, 2017
And Nigeria Government won't do anything about it.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2017
Fllatyies: Buhari is the cause

Zombies: They were invited by PDP

Honest Nigeria: Nigeria is a jungle where anything goes

9 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by yomalex(m): 11:30am On Nov 01, 2017
hmmm na wa o

Check my signature for reliable bulk sms service

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by EmperorLee(m): 11:30am On Nov 01, 2017
Dodo mayana still dey find defenders to help him grin. Stand up for yourself man.

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2017
Who are American Embassy officials that are pursuing innocent civilians lipsrsealed
The jurisdiction covered by international laws is the embassy at Walter Carrington Victoria Island and other similar locations ...
To have crossed VI to Alake and intimidate civilians are is totally unacceptable.
Abeg wetin be Trump twitter handle sef angry angry

There must be public apologies to the citizens of the Nigeria ..

Anyway, a two year multiple entry tourist visit to Peter Rufai and his family to any city (not prone to tornado and thunderstorms) would not be bad sha grin grin grin grin

US government sef cool

3 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by free2ryhme: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2017
kennygee:
Na wa

Na Nigerians go dey drive that American embassy car, who wan bet am with me?

Yeah they are Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by winkmart: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2017
Hmm
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Demmtek(m): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2017
Uhmmm nothing else to say

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 01, 2017
free2ryhme:

Yeah they are Nigerians

We don't love ourselves. That's what I'm trying to prove. How can u treat ur fellow Nigerian, in your country like that?

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by fvckme(f): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2017
It shows America has sense pass Naija
Even for your own Country you are being chased as a criminal..

2 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by AustineCJ: 11:32am On Nov 01, 2017
this really bad ooo....our govt should better do something.
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by maasoap(m): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2017
amnesty7:
Saying this because you are alive. If they had killed you they would have labelled you a suspected terrorist and that it was an error. Be grateful instead. You know they won't do them anything. A legend you are, though.

Someone is trying to do the right thing and this is your version of support. Nigeria go better, not with this kind of mindset.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by funnynation(m): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2017
Go get a job

mrchikwendu145:
my little way of growing big

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by 2buffagain(m): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2017
The American Embassy are not police.
This lawlessness should be punished

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by fvckme(f): 11:33am On Nov 01, 2017
maasoap:

Someone is trying to do the right thing and this is your version of support. Nigeria go better, not with this kind of mindset.
No mind the Daura indigen
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by millomaniac: 11:33am On Nov 01, 2017
Nigeria has become even more lawless. People are harassed daily by secuirity officials.
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by morereb10: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2017
Una never start to dey cry

Watin una dey find for America, I no know
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Guyman02: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2017
They would have beaten him and even shot right there in that Police Station and would then call him suspected terrorist if not that the policemen on duty recognized him.
4 Americans were killed in Niger close to our border last week and they have not told us what they were doing there except the usual claim of 'fighting terrorism', America operate illegally on Syrian territory and kill Syrians, destroyed totally the city of Raqqa and called it 'liberation' from ISIS.
Those US guys dont obey international law, so thinking that the embassy staff will be punished is perhaps wishful thinking

3 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 01, 2017
Minding my business all the remaining two months left in 2017

2 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:35am On Nov 01, 2017
We should just hand over the country to them to hold in trust for us
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Tittusstar22(m): 11:36am On Nov 01, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Netherlands Vs Costa Rica:World Cup Q-finals (4 - 3) On Penalties On 7 July 2014 / UCL Round Of 16 Re-draw: Live Updates. / Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.