Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Davidylan - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Davidylan (3756 Views)

I Seriously Dislike Fl Gator, Busybodi, Michelin89 And Davidylan When They Post! / I Seriously Dislike Fl Gator, Busybodi, Michelin89 And Davidylan When They Post! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davidylan by nferyn(m): 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2007
Bolarge:

Would u blame him or anyone else at that?
Your profile says u're just 'bout 4mths old on this forum (no disrespect intended trust me) so u're not likely to fully appreciate the gross disparity between what was n'what presently obtains in the forum.I am barely a year old myself and find the trend pretty disturbing.I can only imagine how those who've been around much longer would feel. sad
Really miss the intellectually stimulating n'challenging topics and contributions. . .
Now I make do with a few laughs here n'there. undecided
You're bang on with that observation. When I just joined (august 05), this forum was the most invigorating thing I encountered on line (and I've been on the net for about 14 years), now it's just one of the many places where teenage kids run the show. There's hardly any more depth to the subjects and most of the interesting people have gone. You don't find people like like Ijebuman, Cinani, layi or Vexxy anymore on nairaland. Either they left in disgust or have been banned by the postmaster supreme, the yielder of the big stick.
I wouldn't say that it's all Seun's fault, some of it was bound to happen, but his capricious actions certainly didn't help things either
Re: Davidylan by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2007
David,
You are joking right? How can you leave nairaland ? Come back now before I spank you? Lets go back to the old days of Israel/Lebanon, Ahmedinejad, Hugo Chavez and other prominent political topic. Nowadays if you start a topic on interesting political topic like those ones above nobody would contribute cos they are too vacant upstairs but start a topic like How to date a white girl in London would occupy the front page.

Seun,
This aint no Nazi regime or U.S.S.R where you have to watch your tongue for the fear of Gestapo or K.G.B as the case may be

David if you and other leave, just tell me on which website to meet our old friends to start challenging discussions again. This Nairaland is actually turning to a secondary school dormitory.
Re: Davidylan by Nurse007(m): 4:57pm On Apr 30, 2007
dayokanu:

David,
You are joking right? How can you leave nairaland ? Come back now before I spank you? Lets go back to the old days of Israel/Lebanon, Ahmedinejad, Hugo Chavez and other prominent political topic. Nowadays if you start a topic on interesting political topic like those ones above nobody would contribute because they are too vacant upstairs but start a topic like How to date a white girl in London would occupy the front page.

Seun,
This aint no Nazi regime or U.S.S.R where you have to watch your tongue for the fear of Gestapo or K.G.B as the case may be

David if you and other leave, just tell me on which website to meet our old friends to start challenging discussions again. This Nairaland is actually turning to a secondary school dormitory.

word! wink cheesy
Re: Davidylan by ikamefa(f): 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2007
dayokanu:

David,
You are joking right? How can you leave nairaland ? Come back now before I spank you? Lets go back to the old days of Israel/Lebanon, Ahmedinejad, Hugo Chavez and other prominent political topic. Nowadays if you start a topic on interesting political topic like those ones above nobody would contribute because they are too vacant upstairs but start a topic like [b]How to date a white girl in London would occupy the front page[/b].

Seun,

roflmao!   grin  seconded!  smiley
Re: Davidylan by nferyn(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2007
dayokanu:

The problem right now is that those teens are messing up serious discussions with their brain dead interjections. Maybe some people should pass an IQ test before posting in certain subforums grin
Re: Davidylan by sisimose(f): 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2007
nferyn:

The problem right now is that those teens are messing up serious discussions with their brain dead interjections. Maybe some people should pass an IQ test before posting in certain subforums grin

100% agree with you. All you see is abuse, fights, swearing . You can never have a discussion without ppl being personal. It is shameful and really sickening. But wait, you think they all teens? nah nah nah , some are over twenty and look way older than me yet they act all child like. Its a joke
Re: Davidylan by nferyn(m): 5:41pm On Apr 30, 2007
sisimose:

100% agree with you. All you see is abuse, fights, swearing . You can never have a discussion without people being personal. It is shameful and really sickening. But wait, you think they all teens? nah nah nah , some are over twenty and look way older than me yet they act all child like. Its a joke
You may be right. What I find most sad is that the sense of community is really gone and there are only a few people left with whom to have a challenging discussion. It's like in the beginning (I'm thinking about 2005 here) we all chatted among each other. Once Seun cut off the message functionalty, that initial spirit was gone. Shame you weren't here during that time.
Re: Davidylan by ABCDEFGHIJ(m): 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2007
the people that make NairaLand stink are:

Ikamefa
Jaybaby
OmoEko
CuteAss
NubeanBlue

Please add to this list if you know more.

they are girlfriends of Seun - everynight he pokes them - pokipokipoki.
Re: Davidylan by nferyn(m): 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2007
There's another troll. Why don't you try to find a rock to crawl under?
Re: Davidylan by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2007
dayokanu:

David,
You are joking right? How can you leave nairaland ? Come back now before I spank you? Lets go back to the old days of Israel/Lebanon, Ahmedinejad, Hugo Chavez and other prominent political topic. Nowadays if you start a topic on interesting political topic like those ones above nobody would contribute because they are too vacant upstairs but start a topic like How to date a white girl in London would occupy the front page.

Seun,

My brother! Tears fall from my eyes when i remember those days of yore! Excellent debates from both sides of the trenches and yet not ONCE did it degenerate into "yo mama" mudslinging! Nilla, Browneyes, kaecy5 e.t.c. are all gone now. embarassed

All we are left with are brain dead nitwits like ABCDEFGHIJ!
Re: Davidylan by ABCDEFGHIJ(m): 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2007
@Davidylan

Your head don swell because people beg you not to leave abi? You dis wide eyed nincompoop. Kolomental person.
Re: Davidylan by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2007
Your head don swell because people beg you not to leave abi? You this wide eyed nincompoop. Kolomental person

@ABCDEFGH,
You views are very very right. Can you pls check the next door thanx and shut the door behind you.
This might interest you HOW TO GET LAID IN GEORGIA TONIGHT check romance section or how to date a white girl in London
Re: Davidylan by kitaun(m): 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2007
@ABC WHATEVER angry angry

WHO THE HECK ARE YOU? ONE OF THEM MUPPETS ABI? *LONG HISS* angry

@POSTER

IN AS MUCH AS I AGREE WITH ALL WHAT HAS BEEN SAID, WHY POST IN THE WRONG SECTION?

AND WHY USE DAVIDYLAN AS A THREAD?

@SEUN

SO, HOW MANY OF US ARE YOU GOING TO GET BANNED AS THIS THREAD PROGRESSES? tongue

VOX POPULI VOX DEI cool
Re: Davidylan by dayokanu(m): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2007
@Everybody,
Can you read ABCDEFG signature below his post. So engaging him in any sort of discussion is just not worth the energy
Re: Davidylan by sisimose(f): 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2007
lol
Re: Davidylan by ABCDEFGHIJ(m): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2007
dayokanu:

@Everybody,
Can you read ABCDEFG signature below his post. So engaging him in any sort of discussion is just not worth the energy

What about it? You are a porously ignited chemical that will soon conjure into a case of mis aligned structure which will create an imbalance that will dislocate the entityt - your penis inclusive.
Re: Davidylan by Seun(m): 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2007
Hehe. These people sha. You no dey tire? The poor admin is just trying to do what needs to be done.
Re: Davidylan by goodguy(m): 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2007
Hmmm. . . now you guys remind me of the good ol' days. cheesy The days of Layi, vexxy, Ijebuman, chrisd, nicetohave, Alheri, IAH, et al. One thing to note here however is that not all of them left (or became inactive) because of Seun. e.g. vexxy.

While it is true that Seun contributed in a way to the present state of this forum (disabling PM, banning unnecessarily, etc.), it is also important to note that Seun does not constitute Nairaland alone, as as such, cannot and should not be held solely responsible for its current state. I onced used to complain and whine a lot about how he administered this forum, then one day, he gave me a reply:

"Create a forum of your own, and when you have up to 20 thousand members, come back to tell me how it is being the Admin". (not verbatim).

Then, we were only about 20,000 on this forum or thereabout. Ever since, I started putting myself in his shoes.

His point there, I believe, was that it was (an still is) difficult to administer a forum with all kinds of people from all walks of life at the same place, and at the same time. Sometimes, one gets so frustrated that one takes some actions without forethought. And to be honest, the attitudes of most members here are so appalling, to say the least.

Another thing to note here is that this forum is Seun's personal business. It is one of his major (if not the major) sources of livelihood, and such, he must maintain it to the fullest in order to achieve that "world-class" forum that he so much yearns for. I once read a post of his, where he said, "I want this forum to be as professional as possible. I want readers to read posts like they're reading a newspaper. . ." (not verbatim either). That was in regards to editing people's posts. Honestly, I wouldn't blame him for doing so. If you follow the rules well enough, I don't think he will edit your post for any reasons. Throughout my almost 2 years of membership on Nairaland, I can't recall a single time Seun ever edited any of my over 6000 posts, though he has deleted countless of them for reasons I totally understand. And on this note, I appeal to reasonable folks here to please stop referring to Seun as a college drop-out, condescendingly. Do you honestly think he's happy being a college drop-out? As far as I am concerned, he is far more intelligent than majority of the so-called graduates on this forum. On my list of intelligent Nairalanders, Seun will always be in the top 10. So please, stop all these demeaning comments, as they are totally unnecessary.

Furthermore, we should all realise that people have always left, and many more will still leave. The number of people joining Nairaland everyday are far more than those that leave in 3 months. Around earlier last year to mid last year, this forum was completely boring to me, due the numerous teenagers that filled the whole forum and spammed every single topic at the slightest opportunity. My addiction to Nairaland was almost reduced to naught. Fortunately, they all seemed to vanish in a single night. For me, that was a breath of fresh air. I started frequenting the forum once again, and to be fair and unbiased, there have been many more intelligent folks here than we had in the past (due to the population of course).

Moreso, I will like to say that I completely agree with Pain here. Nairaland is a world of its own, where we have the good, the bad, and of course, the ugly. We all cannot be the same. Our variations are what makes the forum interesting (at least, for me). In every community, there will always be the troublemakers, the peacemakers, and the onlookers. We'll always have the intellectuals, the morons, and the mediocres. For this reason, I hereby appeal to the "Intellectuals" among us, to please accommodate the "Morons" and "Intellectually challenged". Hopefully, they'll learn a whole lot from you guys eventually.

And on a final note, I will like to say a big THANK YOU to Seun for creating a site as invaluable as this. Nairaland has helped me in numerous ways, and has greatly affected my life positively. Of course, I owe that to the vast majority of the intellectuals on this forum, including one of my greatest antagonists, davidylan. But a bigger part of my gratitude goes to the Admin for putting us all together, and most importantly, to hot-angel, who introduced me to this forum on September 1, 2005 - a date I'll never forget.

Cheers.
Re: Davidylan by Seun(m): 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2007
Aww, goodguy, that is such a sweet post. Thanks! kiss (forehead kiss)
Re: Davidylan by omogenaija(f): 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2007
hmmmmmmmmm, wonders
Re: Davidylan by goodguy(m): 11:38pm On Apr 30, 2007
Lol, Seun. cheesy

@ topic:

It may also interest you guys to know that I have been banned countless times on this forum. Infact, I think I deserve an award - "The most banned member on Nairaland". Seun, what do you think? cheesy
Re: Davidylan by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 30, 2007
@ goodguy,
for once in a long time i agree with you. To be candid, i must give kudos to Seun for putting up this forum, without it there would have been no good old days to look back on in the first place.
But like my dad will always say, what is worth doing AT ALL is worth doing well. Without mincing words, Seun must take part of the blame for the way the forum has slid down in terms of quality. That a few people cannot remember their posts ever being changed arbitrarily does not negate the fact that many (most especially the vocal members) have had rough brushes with Seun that has seen many of them not return.
A candid example was Akolawole's undue ban just when he was making the sports section a must read for everyone then following the world cup 2006. After that incident a lot of interest waned considerably and many who made that section tick have all left.
Do i talk about the religion thread and Havila?
What of politics and the likes if Chxta, Odeku, Nutter?

Without doubt many of us will always remember this forum with fondest memories when we eventually move on to bigger things in the future. Perhaps things would have been much better if this was better run. But we can only hope and pray that things will get better now that Seun has given us the opportunity to air our views without fear of a ban.
Seun we understand the enormous amount of work you put to make this work but NEVER FORGET, it is the members and not you who made this forum the success it is today, if in doubt please ask those who tried such after you.
Re: Davidylan by ikamefa(f): 12:18am On May 01, 2007
davidylan:

NEVER FORGET, it is the members and not you who made this forum the success it is today, if in doubt please ask those who tried such after you.

Word oh! a word is enough for the wise methink!
Re: Davidylan by nferyn(m): 12:20am On May 01, 2007
I'm going to start in my usual 'quoting' mode, but I think that goodguy's contribution is worth it.

goodguy:

Hmmm. . . now you guys remind me of the good ol' days. cheesy The days of Layi, vexxy, Ijebuman, chrisd, nicetohave, Alheri, IAH, et al. One thing to note here however is that not all of them left (or became inactive) because of Seun. e.g. vexxy.
I would definitely not ascribe all people leaving to Seun's actions, although he did contribute to the fact that many of them did leave.

goodguy:

While it is true that Seun contributed in a way to the present state of this forum (disabling PM, banning unnecessarily, etc.), it is also important to note that Seun does not constitute Nairaland alone, as as such, cannot and should not be held solely responsible for its current state.
By no means is he solely responsible. He probably did much steering behind the screen to ensure that the forum didn't descend it total anarchy

goodguy:

I onced used to complain and whine a lot about how he administered this forum, then one day, he gave me a reply:

"Create a forum of your own, and when you have up to 20 thousand members, come back to tell me how it is being the Admin". (not verbatim).

Then, we were only about 20,000 on this forum or thereabout. Ever since, I started putting myself in his shoes.
Maybe, but things like changing usernames (e.g. DaHitler) to punish offenders isn't really the way to best administer the forum.

goodguy:

His point there, I believe, was that it was (an still is) difficult to administer a forum with all kinds of people from all walks of life at the same place, and at the same time.
No doubt, and he deserves our admiration for that. What is less admiring though is the capricious manner in which he sometimes uses his administrative powers. While there are understandable mistakes, the least you could expect in such a case is an apology for such a slip. I have no doubt that most of these administrative actions are well deserved, but the saying goes that from whom much is given, much is is expected.

goodguy:

Sometimes, one gets so frustrated that one takes some actions without forethought. And to be honest, the attitudes of most members here are so appalling, to say the least.
It's not about the understandable slips in judgement, but about the way they are dealt with afterwards.

goodguy:

Another thing to note here is that this forum is Seun's personal business. It is one of his major (if not the major) sources of livelihood, and such, he must maintain it to the fullest in order to achieve that "world-class" forum that he so much yearns for. I once read a post of his, where he said, "I want this forum to be as professional as possible. I want readers to read posts like they're reading a newspaper. . ." (not verbatim either). That was in regards to editing people's posts. Honestly, I wouldn't blame him for doing so.
An 'automatic' email when such a thing occurs would go a long way. There is a downward tendency visible lately regarding the quality of the posts, maybe more editing has become necessary now wink

goodguy:

If you follow the rules well enough, I don't think he will edit your post for any reasons. Throughout my almost 2 years of membership on Nairaland, I can't recall a single time Seun ever edited any of my over 6000 posts, though he has deleted countless of them for reasons I totally understand.
I get your point, we all take questionable actions at one time or another, but then again, that doesn't only apply to the simple users, does it?

goodguy:

And on this note, I appeal to reasonable folks here to please stop referring to Seun as a college drop-out, condescendingly.
You are absolutely right here. Very few people are capable of accomplishing what Seun has with this forum and anyone demeaning him for such trivial reasons is a jack-ass.

goodguy:

Do you honestly think he's happy being a college drop-out? As far as I am concerned, he is far more intelligent than majority of the so-called graduates on this forum. On my list of intelligent Nairalanders, Seun will always be in the top 10. So please, stop all these demeaning comments, as they are totally unnecessary.
I didn't even know that was the case and nobody would ever know from his write-ups. He's witty and intellectually stimulating.

goodguy:

Furthermore, we should all realise that people have always left, and many more will still leave. The number of people joining Nairaland everyday are far more than those that leave in 3 months.
Yes, but all the ones I spoke to were pretty clear about what caused them to leave, and it isn't the natural flow of things.

goodguy:

Around earlier last year to mid last year, this forum was completely boring for me, due the numerous teenagers that filled the whole forum and spammed every single topic at the slightest opportunity. My addiction to Nairaland was almost reduced to naught. Fortunately, they all seemed to vanish in a single night.
Is it hurricane Eve, you're referring to? grin

goodguy:

For me, that was a breath of fresh air. I started frequenting the forum once again, and to be fair and unbiased, there have been many more intelligent folks here than we had in the past (due to the population of course).
No doubt, but usually, their passing is only temporary undecided

goodguy:

Moreso, I will like to say that I completely agree with Pain here. Nairaland is a world of its own, where we have the good, the bad, and of course, the ugly. We all cannot be the same. Our variations are what makes the forum interesting (at least, for me). In every community, there will always be the troublemakers, the peacemakers, and the onlookers. We'll always have the intellectuals, the morons, and the mediocres.
Your point?

goodguy:

For this reason, I hereby appeal to the "Intellectuals" among us, to please accommodate the "Morons" and "Intellectually challenged". Hopefully, they'll learn a whole lot from you guys.
There's no shame in being ignorant, we all were at some time and we all are regarding most things. There's plenty of shame though in empty intellectual grandstanding. People messing up interesting threads with vacuous opinions and actually proudly wearing their badges of ignorance is a real turn-off to me.

goodguy:

On a final note, I will like to say a big THANK YOU to Seun for creating a site as invaluable as this. Nairaland has helped me in numerous ways, and has greatly affected my life positively. Of course, I owe that to the vast majority of the intellectuals on this forum, including one of my greatest antagonists, davidylan. But a big part of my gratitude goes to the Admin for putting us all together.

Cheers.
Good to finish on a positive note. I - almost - agree with you wink
Seun, I truly appreciate your efforts in creating Nairaland, if only you could listen to some friendly advice once in a while as well, that would make it even better.
Re: Davidylan by spoilt(f): 3:49am On May 01, 2007
ABCDEFGHIJ:

What about it? You are a porously ignited chemical that will soon conjure into a case of mis aligned structure which will create an imbalance that will dislocate the entityt - your penis inclusive.

huh
Re: Davidylan by spoilt(f): 3:58am On May 01, 2007
You are absolutely right here. Very few people are capable of accomplishing what Seun has with this forum and anyone demeaning him for such trivial reasons is a jack-ass.

@ nferyn

who are those demeaning him? that would be the joke of the century. if they knew what nairaland was worth i bet they would have not just a fit, but a foaming fit! grin grin
Re: Davidylan by Sijien(m): 6:28am On May 01, 2007
goodguy is just an ass licker. tongue
Re: Davidylan by nferyn(m): 7:37am On May 01, 2007
spoilt:

@ nferyn

who are those demeaning him? that would be the joke of the century. if they knew what nairaland was worth i bet they would have not just a fit, but a foaming fit! grin grin
They've already been erased from our collective consciousness, or to put it more prosaically, their posts have been deleted.
Re: Davidylan by goodguy(m): 3:07pm On May 01, 2007
Ahh, we meet again, nferyn cheesy.  How are you doing?  Our sister (your wife) and your kids. . hope they're doing fine as well.  As usual, you've put up a worthwhile rejoinder, and I shall attend to the areas that really draw my attention.

Maybe, but things like changing usernames (e.g. DaHitler) to punish offenders isn't really the way to best administer the forum.

You're right about that.  I remember when he changed my username to 'thebadguy' for rebuking him openly on a particular thread, which he immediately deleted.  That's just totally pointless.  But then again, I guess it was as a result of one of those mood swing moments of his.

Is it hurricane Eve, you're referring to? grin

Lol.  Right on spot! cheesy  That girl was something else.

Your point?

I believe that was self-explanatory.  Anyway, my point there was, apparently, everyone cannot be the same, so we should expect all manners of human beings here, from the mentally deranged to the highly calibred.  So, I don't really expect us to be complaining much about the kinds of people we have around, as such situations should be already expected.  I mean, we're almost 100,000 on this forum. . get my point?

There's no shame in being ignorant, we all were at some time and we all are regarding most things. There's plenty of shame though in empty intellectual grandstanding. People messing up interesting threads with vacuous opinions and actually proudly wearing their badges of ignorance is a real turn-off to me.

I get you point here.  It's so unfortunate.

Regards.
Re: Davidylan by goodguy(m): 3:08pm On May 01, 2007
Sijien:

goodguy is just an ass licker. tongue

I think someone mentioned something about immaturity, getting personal, etc as parts of the reasons why this forum has degenerated to this state, on the previous page?? undecided

By the way, I was anticipating that comment.
Re: Davidylan by sisimose(f): 8:44pm On May 01, 2007
goodguy

very well said, brilliant post. people like you remind me, i am not alone and there are still sane and objective ppl out there. kiss kiss
Re: Davidylan by omogenaija(f): 12:32am On May 02, 2007
goodguy i love u kiss
u know it all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Looking For Virony Tiles / Top 20 Funny/amazing Phobias: Whats your phobia??? / Strange:Aircraft Spotted At A Filling Station in Lagos-Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.