Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him (51518 Views)

"Oga What's My Offense" — Boy Cries As SARS Officers Harass Him / Soldier Rescues Man In Benin, As SARS Tried Extorting Him For Having Dreadlocks / Does The Police Have The Right To Stop And Search My Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Psoul(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
SoNature:

Generally, Nigerians are cowards.
If not,we would have had a revolution

Are u among the cowards?
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by SVC6000: 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2019
Sars Case Again

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by partnerbizz4: 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
SEEDORF441:
but not to torture
Any evidence obtained through force can't be admissible in the court of law

LIE.

So if the police search your house without a warrant and find an AK 47 and cocaine, will such evidence be inadmissible?

SAY WHAT YOU KNOW.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Vacora(m): 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2019
partnerbizz4:

they have the right to search his phone.

Under which law? Please explain. I dey wait.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by brainpower(m): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2019
IamD18:
The annoying and bitter fact about this, is that, at the end of this case, the innocent guy will spend to get his phone back.

The way these security personnels abuse their power on innocent citizens is just too annoying for my liking.

May they meet their doom in the hands of the real criminals and terrorists.

That's the conventional way. But if you know who segalink on twitter is and can reach him, you won't spend a dime.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Torapcan(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
If we fold our hands..they will continue...DEAL WITH THEM...I recently watched a documentary on how a Honey badger, a small animal terrified a pride of Lion....We are more than them..their families stay within our communities..!!
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by eazyman(m): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2019
pillarmaria:

So for how long do we watch them kill and harrass innocent citizens?

I believe the narrative will only change for good when Nigerians have a President that cares for them and punishes errant security personnel who incidentally reports to the commander-in-chief ( President).
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Vacora(m): 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2019
partnerbizz4:

LIE.

So if the police search your house without a warrant and find an AK 47 and cocaine, will such evidence be inadmissible?

SAY WHAT YOU KNOW.

Dude, that’s incorrect. In your scenario, the judge can consider the evidence inadmissable in court albeit the evidence was obtained ‘unlawfully’ It is a matter of fact and not opinion. It can be considered ‘fruit from a poisoned tree’ Tell me why R.Kelly trial for the child sex tape a few years ago stalled? I am using this as a stated case for the moment.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by don4real18(m): 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
grayht:

Bro take the lead.. we will follow
Leave the young man. If he knows how many people accidental discharge has killed, he will jejely remain where he is

1 Like

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by deebrain(m): 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
My God
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by SEEDORF441(m): 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
partnerbizz4:

LIE.

SAY WHAT YOU KNOW.
Yes police have the power to search (police act S 33 to S43)
But don't forget the fundamental human rights (right to own property)
This kind of evidence is called direct evidence which is admissible
Police use physical force to the extent necessary to secure observance of the law or to restore order only when the exercise of persuasion, advice and warning is found to be insufficient.
Bro read Robert peel principles of modern policing.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by pillarmaria(m): 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
Oovi5:

take the lead bro, we're right behind you
Fellow coward I hail
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by drmikeadams(m): 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
PapaAdanna:
This country is heading for a revolution... The masses have been pushed to their limits and there is no other option but to fight back with whatever they have.

There must be a bloodshed against the so called leaders for anything to get right in this country... We can never get anywhere with dialogue
. Them never push us reach any limit..there will never be any revolution in dis country grin grin we RE still very comfortable shouting atikulate and sai baba grin grin play bet9ja ;baba ijebu ;oloshoism wit our e no concern me attitude..yahoo boiz for don arrange themselves;gather money motivate other youths;every body enter street for one full week as sarz matter dey trend now..carry chanels tv;tvc etc...post link go aljazeera ..once and for all... grin but e no concern us
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by zicoraads: 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2019
Salowise:

I'm convinced that you're not a Nigerian, I have nothing to fear when I know I'm not a scammer. Or it's like you're one of those yahoo guys scamming people that's the reason you're supporting him.
No policeman born of a woman would accost me and tell me to open my phone or my laptops. It will never happen. Not in this life or the next one. I drive and sometimes walk around with two laptops and a high end phone.

I am a Nigerian. I was born, grew up, live and work legitimately in the North. I'll love to see the day anyone would dare.

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Rilwayne001: 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2019
WilliamsChelster:
Okay..
If them check the phone nau, you think they’ll arrest him and charge him to court for fraud? Or just ask for bribe? Either way they’re not doing their job. Simple. EndSARS

Although in a wrong way, you'll agree with me that they are indirectly punishing internet fraudsters for their crime.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by drmikeadams(m): 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2019
don4real18:

Leave the young man. If he knows how many people accidental discharge has killed, he will jejely remain where he is
grin grin Algeria;sudan people die grin dem don get result,,nigeria plenty people don die from ordinary malaria
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by drmikeadams(m): 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2019
Rilwayne001:

Although in a wrong way, you'll agree with me that they are indirectly punishing internet fraudsters for their crime.
grin grin they catch yahoo boy ;them empty their account..and share the loot.. or yahoo boys should be sent to prison?
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Naijageak(m): 12:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
If this act of impunity and oppression is not tacked by our government. A time will come when the citizens will go to war with the Nigerian police . And when it starts then we should know the country is about loosing more souls. This act is absolutely inhumane. �
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Bulleye(m): 12:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
Bakerdav:
End sars
Stop saying End Sars. Rather say: Pull down this nonsense government. Sars brutallity is a symptom of a failed government.

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by drmikeadams(m): 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
Jamersirwin1971:

What’s your point ?? I am
A Nigerian currently in Ghana , ordinary Ghana police will stop you to ask questions and identify your self , no one ask you to open your phone if ic you are suspected of fraud . Because the police man here knows how the system works . We have a failed system in Nigeria and until the police is reformed we will still be having the same issue.

Just last week I was stopped by a Ghanaian police he asked me few questions I answered but when he began going deep I told him , he doesn’t have the right to ask me and If he wanted to know more we should get to their office and I would speak to a superior officer, the next thing his fellow officer standing beside him said . Leave this one he knows his right . He will just put us for trouble . I even told the two police men I would report them for coming to that area to disturb Nigerians till today , they have stopped coming there .
thank you sir
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by sindan: 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
I will be coming back to Nigeria just to kill the cops angry angry
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Osagiesamuel02(m): 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
Looks like you’ve not been accosted before. I know of someone that was arrested and man handled for having a picture of amber rose on his phone. He had to pay to secure his freedom
now what will you say to that?
Alexrayz:

Before everyone will come saying SARS this and that y can't he simply unlock his phone the truth is we part of the problem here no one won't say they are not a aware of the upscale in fruad and all in this country he ask u to open the phone open it did he ask u for bribe did he say he want to take ur phone yeah people we say he has no right to tell me who nw has right to ..it just dude forming big up and all it won't take anything to just be silient and answer their question instead of forming what u not
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by fatiuogidan: 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
This country is bleeped, see the way the useless officer is treating is fellow citizen as if is a criminal, infact the APC govt has failed us, Buhari has failed us. All these rubbish can not happen in an advance country. We need to take action before it will get out of hand .
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by YoungG12(m): 1:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
unfortunate security of nigeria,useless people,brainless and dullard just like there..........
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by kindredspirit(m): 1:07pm On Apr 12, 2019
Rilwayne001:

I wonder oh.. If truly he doesn't have anything to hide, no reason whatsoever for him not to unlock his phone. Most of these guys have battered our image externally and it keeps getting worse as everyone's now into it.
But then one must be careful when one hands phone for them to check, they can be trickery atimes. I was stopped once like that and the police after checking my phone my email and see nothing to incriminate me on, he went to my hangouts (without contacts on it oh) and starts inviting some foreign numbers to it. Thankfully I was right beside him when he was checking and when he asked me who those contacts are, I told him, I don't know them. And if actually they were my contacts he wouldn't need the invite any new contacts. After some shakara, he gave me my phone and I left. These people are hell if one isn't confident or clean, but once clean you have nothing to worry about..

Nigeria is getting worse everyday. Executives, legislators, Judiciaries and citizens in a general are CORRUPT AND WORSE IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS. I dare to say we are getting what we deserve. What I'll just say us that God continue to guide our paths so we won't fall victims of these terrible disease.

Bro, pray not to encounter those determined SARS policemen. Those guys are DEVILS ! My God !

I used to have this same mindset of " allow them search your phone, if you have nothing to hide", until I witnessed a situation that would change my mindset.

My brother's friend, a US- based Nurse, who was holidaying in Nigeria, was accosted by policemen in Lagos. After identifying himself, they demanded he hands his phone to them to search, which he did. They went straight to his SMS to check and when they saw tens of millions of Naira as his account balance, matter change o. He was told to part with 200K or else they would pin something on him. When he refused, they said he should follow them to the station. He was like " Bro, lets go, I ain't giving y'alls nuthin" .

In short, I leave the rest to your imagination what happened after they framed him up at the station at Ikeja. This dude is a well-spoken, highly intelligent professional nurse who has lived in the US for more than twenty years.

At the end of the ordeal, after so many threats, intimidation and time wasting, he gave them 300k just to leave that station. Imagine if he had resisted the phone-check in the first place

As I said, pray not to have an altercation with determined SARS men. Giving them your phone to frisk is the worst decision you would make especially if your SMS alerts show that you have money, trust me. Those guys will extort you whether you're clean or not.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Bulleye(m): 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2019
zicoraads:

No policeman born of a woman would accost me and tell me to open my phone or my laptops. It will never happen. Not in this life or the next one. I drive and sometimes walk around with two laptops and a high end phone.

I am a Nigerian. I was born, grew up, live and work legitimately in the North. I'll love to see the day anyone would dare.
You live in the northern part of the country where everybody mines gold and other precious stones and sell without remiting kobo to the federal purse. The North is a country by itself. Come to the South: where lawless security personnel are unleashed on law abiding citizens.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
Me arguing with a Nigerian security agent?
Nope! I'm not mad.

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Alexrayz(m): 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
Osagiesamuel02:

Looks like you’ve not been accosted before. I know of someone that was arrested and man handled for having a picture of amber rose on his phone. He had to pay to secure his freedom
now what will you say to that?

I have so many time the truth is most people wen they see police or SARS they have this believe and treat them less than human let it be a soldier that ask him will he say which right has he

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kidnapped Woman Rescued From Well In Rivers State After 3 Days / Five Men Rape And Videotape Teenagers In Ondo / CCTV Footage Of Suicide Bomber Entering A Church In Sri Lanka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.