Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (41640 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by budaatum: 12:27am On Apr 15, 2019
meobizy:

Cult boys come to my church also but thank God they don't do anything stupid.
Why?
I don't get why someone whose job is causing fear and terror goes to church.
Wetin dem dey find there?
Christ. And salvation. And probably a change of heart and job. In the right church.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by budaatum: 12:28am On Apr 15, 2019
SoNature:

Uncle, a church is not a school.
In church, you just spend a few hours and go home.
You may never come again until another Sunday.
But you go to school 5 days in 7.
Christ spent time teaching us Christians the importance of obedience in many different parables
Yes, obedience is important in our Christian lives
QED
Obedience to church, pastor, or God?
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Originalsly: 1:39am On Apr 15, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:

Nonsense, if a SARS officer had asked him to change his seat won't he do just that? So, the priest has become his mate. Children that lack home training would be taught in a hardway outside

Nonsense. What exactly is home training?.... to act like sheep? Any priest/pastor that turns away one that steps into the church is a 'wolf in sheep's clothing'. The Bible warns us about such ... but you wouldn't know that... you're too home trained.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Nobody: 3:07am On Apr 15, 2019
midnighter:

No this was a methodist church, maybe his wife had something to say about it. he was ranting that some people still left N5 inside the envelope, knowing how little he was paid tongue

During offering to fix the roof after a heavy rainfall, nobody stood up to pledge so he just started calling random people...i just grabbed my bag and picked my race cheesy

Giving should be from the heart but if the heart's own is not forthcoming, i guess it must come from other places... grin
Oh my.. grin grin grin grin

It's a big Church, why pay their priests low? I know a big Church in ABJ, where a friend of mine who is a pastor complains of the monthly little doe that the pay him.

Nigeria is tough and I don't blame them when they hustle hard

have worshipped in a Methodist Church before, back in my undergrad days when I was searching for a new place of worship. The priests sermon was great
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 15, 2019
Happa7:
So many things go into why people do what they do. Agreed, all the parties were wrong in some way but let's really think if it: if I have truly gone to meet God in worship, why stay far from him? If I'm invited forward, why refuse? As a representative of Christ among his people, why cast any out except he that is destined to be lost? The thought here is, why do we go do what we do? Before casting accusing fingers, let's look deeply into ourselves and examine our lives. Have you been, the young man, the ushers or the priest lately? Choose wisely your condemnation. Happy Passion/Palm Sunday to us all.
if only I can like your post a thousand times
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Realbelieveer(m): 5:29am On Apr 15, 2019
Nobody fit pursue from church sha.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by mapet: 6:40am On Apr 15, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:
Nonsense, if a SARS officer had asked him to change his seat won't he do just that? So, the priest has become his mate. Children that lack home training would be taught in a hardway outside

I am with you here. We once put church security on the standby on a sunday. We would have bundled a young man out. Guy was "stoned" (drugs or alcohol, or both). An elder challenged him to stop using his phone and listen to the sermon.....before you know it, he was all guns blazing, throwing tantrums and disturbing the service.

Some kids of nowadays are totally spoilt and need serious "schooling"

1 Like

Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by mapet: 6:42am On Apr 15, 2019
decatalyst:
While I don't feel it is right for the "boy" to disrespect the "appointed" protocols, I am disappointed in the way some churches go about delivering the message of Christ Jesus these days!

Jesus welcomed everyone, the downtrodden, the poor, the rich, the homeless, the wealthy, the strong the weak...to be able to 'feed' them the word so that they may be healed, saved, blessed and go on to preach the Gospel.

The Church these days is going against the teachings and practice of Christ.

This is disheartening!

What is disheartening?

The downtrodden, the poor etc that was welcomed were not reported to be rude and disregard protocols.
Abegi. Condoning misbehaviour under some mis-guided excuses is even worse
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Teespice(f): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2019
RTSC:

You and your sister have the spirit of rebellion,which the Bible say is as the sin of witchcraft.

it is you who has the spirit of rebellion.

so I walk into a church, sit in a place where I can concentrate in peace and you are distracting me by asking me to vacate the place, meanwhile there are more Important things to be done.

don't get me annoyed this morning.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by iamgoodfriday(m): 7:18am On Apr 15, 2019
very wrong to send someone out of the church, but judgement belong to God
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by volorunfemi: 7:23am On Apr 15, 2019
HOPE ALIVE CHRISTIAN ASSEMBLY
https://hacachurch.org
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Mrpojj(m): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2019
peterveo:
How A Young Man Was Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass

I was in church this morning for Palm Sunday mass(somewhere in Delta state). A young man walked into the church, he wanted to sit behind(where he finds comfortable). The wardens insisted he moved to the front, at his refusal they reported him to the priest who publicly disgraced this young man and asked him to leave the church before he starts the mass. Sadly the young man left.

Now you can imagine what this act must have done to this young man's perception of the church and God. What if he decides never to go to church again
I'm feeling really bad about this.

You to church to worship God and can't obey simple instruction
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by afroxyz: 8:20am On Apr 15, 2019
writeprof:

That guy exhibited indiscipline by refusing to take instruction. Jesus ministry of servanthood and service is built on obedience to instructions. A man who finds it difficult to follow instructions meant for the good of himself and others because he wants his comfort can't be following Jesus.

When Jesus cured a man on the sabbath day, did he not go against the law? wouldn't you call that an act of indiscipline? When Jesus proclaimed he was a son of God, a crime (blasphemy) he was later killed for, was it not an act of 'indiscipline '. what exactly is important here? saving the soul or punishing the soul? your lot are like the pharisees. you are just hypocrites
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by iamuye(m): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:

In any organization there are rules and regulations which every member must abide by. Nobody fought him, a suggestion was made, "Change your seat or leave the church" and the proud guy that could not obey simple church rule left. So, what is the fuss about?

His perspective may be positive or negative, he should deal with it. I have a Ph.D as an usher in my church and one jambite will be doing anyhow. Nonsense

I don't think "leave the church" should have been part of the options ...
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by volorunfemi: 9:39am On Apr 15, 2019
HOPE ALIVE CHRISTIAN ASSEMBLY
https://hacachurch.org
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 15, 2019
Hedonini:
Everybody abuses 'power' in Nigeria. Sick country.

If na me, I go kuku slap the priest and the stupid church rat warden, as I no too well and no get control when I lose am. You're walking me out of the Church because say I get wetin to lose by not being there? Overzealous, hypocritical idiots who I'm sure wouldn't even make Heaven.

calm down
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by benjijosh(m): 2:11am On Apr 16, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:

grin grin I don't understand you. A church is a place of worship not where you should be condemned.

I personally sit at the back row because I can't handle the loud speakers. so what if the gentleman is just like me with impaired hearings and is just being careful. If he goes totally deaf, how is he going to hear the supposed man of god preach again.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by FruitCakes(f): 5:21am On Apr 16, 2019
peterveo:
How A Young Man Was Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass

I was in church this morning for Palm Sunday mass(somewhere in Delta state). A young man walked into the church, he wanted to sit behind(where he finds comfortable). The wardens insisted he moved to the front, at his refusal they reported him to the priest who publicly disgraced this young man and asked him to leave the church before he starts the mass. Sadly the young man left.

Now you can imagine what this act must have done to this young man's perception of the church and God. What if he decides never to go to church again
I'm feeling really bad about this.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by FruitCakes(f): 5:26am On Apr 16, 2019
Obidience is the first Law in heaven!!!! Obedience cost Adam & Eve the garden of Eden That is why me & you is suffering today.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:17am On Apr 16, 2019
benjijosh:

grin grin I don't understand you. A church is a place of worship not where you should be condemned.

I personally sit at the back row because I can't handle the loud speakers. so what if the gentleman is just like me with impaired hearings and is just being careful. If he goes totally deaf, how is he going to hear the supposed man of god preach again.

Your case is different Sir, I believe if you are the one in that situation you would state your reason and be tolerated. Whoever wants to worship God in a particular gathering must be ready to follow the mode of worship of the place. In a mosque, you dare not break the file.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by writeprof(m): 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2019
afroxyz:

When Jesus cured a man on the sabbath day, did he not go against the law? wouldn't you call that an act of indiscipline? When Jesus proclaimed he was a son of God, a crime (blasphemy) he was later killed for, was it not an act of 'indiscipline '. what exactly is important here? saving the soul or punishing the soul? your lot are like the pharisees. you are just hypocrites

You need 2 things that is if you're a believer- a good Bible with commentary/concordance and you need the Holy Spirit. Shalom!
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by midnighter(f): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
iyke926:

Oh my.. grin grin grin grin

It's a big Church, why pay their priests low? I know a big Church in ABJ, where a friend of mine who is a pastor complains of the monthly little doe that the pay him.

Nigeria is tough and I don't blame them when they hustle hard

have worshipped in a Methodist Church before, back in my undergrad days when I was searching for a new place of worship. The priests sermon was great

Its a big church but i think they pay a particular salary or stipend, as well as giving the priest a house and other provisions. So they dont actually get much in the way of cash

Lol i dont blame him either but i dont need the embarrassment during church abeg.. the way people were being dragged up on stage was too bad cheesy

So did you find a permanent place to worship?
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
midnighter:

Its a big church but i think they pay a particular salary or stipend, as well as giving the priest a house and other provisions. So they dont actually get much in the way of cash

Lol i dont blame him either but i dont need the embarrassment during church abeg.. the way people were being dragged up on stage was too bad cheesy

So did you find a permanent place to worship?
Haven't found a permanent Church yet but I worship anywhere. Might be worshipping with some JW this Friday or Sunday that is, if I don't travel before then.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by midnighter(f): 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
iyke926:

Haven't found a permanent Church yet but I worship anywhere. Might be worshipping with some JW this Friday or Sunday that is, if I don't travel before then.

Ok good luck smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Clergyman Kneels Down To Beg FRSC Officials (Video) / What I Was Offered By An Occultist While Preaching In A Bus Park / Oritsejafor Dances With Wife During Church Service - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.