Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,203 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG (8598 Views)

N20,000 Per Beating: Dismissed Naval Officer Arrested (photo) / Ebuka Okoli: South African Policeman Found Guilty Of Killing Nigerian / Sexual Assaults: Pastor Paul Mukendi Found Guilty In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by joshuisiukwu: 4:06am On Apr 16, 2019
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu who spoke during his official visit to Lagos State on Monday, stated that any policeman found guilty of power abuse will be dismissed. 

Mohammed Adamu who expressed his condolences to the bereaved families of the victims of the misuse of firearms in the state, also added that the line supervisors of such officer, including the Area Commander, Divisional Police Officer or Sectional Head, would be sanctioned for lacking supervision.The IGP who stated that the recent abuse of power by some police officers in the state was against the statutory provisions of the Nigeria Police Force, maintained that any policeman found guilty of power abuse will be dismissed. 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/16/any-policeman-found-guilty-of-power-abuse-will-be-dismissed-igp/

1 Like

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by GraGra247(m): 4:42am On Apr 16, 2019
They kill innocent people and all they get is "dismissed"

Una never serious.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by amaniro: 4:57am On Apr 16, 2019
85% Of Nigerian Police force Officers are mentally unstable and needs Mental Evaluation before going out on the street. Thumbs up IG you're trying more then transmission.

9 Likes

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by ipobarethieves: 5:00am On Apr 16, 2019
sad angry sad angry sad undecided why dismissed wen dey can gathered any baztards family that kill pipu anyhow like fowl and kill dem all.I think oda go think b4 dey arrest/kill pipu anyhow

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by Harrymig1(m): 5:27am On Apr 16, 2019
Nice one Sir
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by emmyw(m): 5:39am On Apr 16, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by soberdrunk(m): 5:39am On Apr 16, 2019
I will not deny the fact that policemen like to abuse their power but civilians also need to understand that any man with a gun should be respected and obeyed especially when the individual is working in unfavourable conditions and the mental status of that individual cannot or has not been evaluated. I will continue to say it that "manner of approach" when dealing with Nigerian police is very important, if you don't want to gamble with your life don't raise shoulder or form "I know my right", these men are under serious pressure coupled with the unfavourable working conditions....... angry

21 Likes

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by CastedGist: 5:39am On Apr 16, 2019
tongue

Man Stripped Unclad After He Was Caught In Bed With Another Man's Wife ==> WATCH VIDEO & SEE PHOTOS HERE
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by kaen1317: 5:40am On Apr 16, 2019
Meaning that more than half of the men of the NPF will loose their jobs.

1 Like

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by abbaapple: 5:44am On Apr 16, 2019
angry

Talk and no action lipsrsealed even common Bail that’s free you can’t try that! Police are the wrong force to ever happened to mankind world wide undecided spits! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by yinkus6750(m): 5:48am On Apr 16, 2019
Dismissed only?
Should be completed with instant trial, prosecution according to Nigerian law, they are not above the law.

3 Likes

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by coolfredo(m): 5:54am On Apr 16, 2019
Only dismiss?
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by teadrake(m): 5:58am On Apr 16, 2019
soberdrunk:
I will not deny the fact that policemen like to abuse their power but civilians also need to understand that any man with a gun should be respected and obeyed especially when the individual is working in unfavourable conditions and the mental status of that individual cannot or has not been evaluated. I will continue to say it that "manner of approach" when dealing with Nigerian police is very important, if you don't want to gamble with your life don't raise shoulder or form "I know my right", these men are under serious pressure coupled with the unfavourable working conditions....... angry
You may be right but we're all under intense pressure from our day to day activities,economic situations of this country,family,unfavourable climatic habitat etc. That shouldn't be leverage for them to keep behaving like a lunatic by just brutalizing innocent citizen they're meant to protect. As part of the recruitment process,i'll recommend a mental evaluation for any prospective individual aspiring to join the police force as this would go a long way in determining if such individual has a history of violence or otherwise.
Have a good day sir

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by Cloud007: 5:59am On Apr 16, 2019
Yessssss.. . The line Superiors should be sanctioned too for supervisory negligence.
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by jeroncomputers(m): 6:00am On Apr 16, 2019
Good move, if this is not another order that will not be followed up embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by sacx: 6:06am On Apr 16, 2019
soberdrunk:

Stop trying to justify the callousness of these arrogant officers. There is nothing unfavourable about their working condition as has not been experienced by other Nigerians, but we haven't lost our sanity here nor lost foresight of the sanctity of human life.

Most of the men paraded as Nigeria Police are simply street urchins with no form of training. The police force needs a holistic reformation.

21 Likes

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by SilasNwude: 6:07am On Apr 16, 2019
[s]
ipobarethieves:
sad angry sad angry sad undecided why dismissed wen dey can gathered any baztards family that kill pipu anyhow like fowl and kill dem all.I think oda go think b4 dey arrest/kill pipu anyhow
[/s]
yes dismiss then charge to court

1 Like

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by SouthSouth1914: 6:07am On Apr 16, 2019
All talk and no action!! The IGP should start with the monumental accusations of the police and then we can take him serious..

1 Like

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by somehow: 6:08am On Apr 16, 2019
In a country lacking proper mental statistics, i hardly argue with security men. You don't know the next werey!
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by soberdrunk(m): 6:13am On Apr 16, 2019
sacx:

Stop trying to justify the callousness of these arrogant officers. There is nothing unfavourable about their working condition as has not been experienced by other Nigerians, but we haven't lost our sanity here nor lost foresight of the sanctity of human life.

Most of the men paraded as Nigeria Police are simply street urchins with no form of training. The police force needs a holistic reformation.

Have u held a gun before?

1 Like

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by freemi(m): 6:15am On Apr 16, 2019
GraGra247:
They kill innocent people and all they get is "dismissed"

Una never serious.
after dismisal d family cn nw charge. He wont b unda police cover anymo
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by sacx: 6:16am On Apr 16, 2019
soberdrunk:

Have u held a gun before?

No, and I won't handle one if I have not been properly trained for it.

6 Likes

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by BruncleZuma: 6:20am On Apr 16, 2019
And you still be IG
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by ruffhandu: 6:26am On Apr 16, 2019
Not only dismissal, execute the ones who killekilled people.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by LilSmith55(m): 6:28am On Apr 16, 2019
Dismiss and execute

1 Like

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by MrFly(m): 6:39am On Apr 16, 2019
ipobarethieves:
u get sense at all?
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by fiercehillz(m): 6:42am On Apr 16, 2019
Too much noise and no action...

1 Like

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by Sholaco: 6:45am On Apr 16, 2019
All the police in Nigeria are misbehaving, so, dismiss them all
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by Nostradamus: 6:52am On Apr 16, 2019
No be today our government don dey make noise about this police wahala na.
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by stalingraddd(m): 6:54am On Apr 16, 2019
the problem with Africans is that we believe every problem can be solved with a hammer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Story Claiming That Boko Haram Invaded Bauchi Communities Is False / Bus Conductor And Policeman Fight Over Bus Settlement In Akowonjo, Lagos / Nigerian Military Women Announces Thier Official Website For Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.