Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG (8614 Views)

Okechukwu Osuji Extradited From Malaysia After Being Found Guilty Of Scam / N20,000 Per Beating: Dismissed Naval Officer Arrested (photo) / Ebuka Okoli: South African Policeman Found Guilty Of Killing Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by Youngjohnosas: 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
few days ago police officers stopped the taxi I boarded and asked the passengers to avail themselves to be searched. I sat at the front seat ,alighted from the taxi and was searched, nothing incriminating was found on Me.the youngest amongst the officers collected my phone and ordered I unlocked the phone which I vehemently declined.he said Nigeria has no data base for tracking crimes so the best way they can get information was through searching of phones that he was in no way harassing me by asking that I unlock the phone.He threatened to unleash mayhem and arrest me for misconduct, I was scared though, he was holding a gun and we were in a partially secluded place.i have heard of extra judicial killings and accidental discharge.thank God I won the contest though.
Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by mubby4real(m): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2019
joshuisiukwu:
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu who spoke during his official visit to Lagos State on Monday, stated that any policeman found guilty of power abuse will be dismissed. 

Mohammed Adamu who expressed his condolences to the bereaved families of the victims of the misuse of firearms in the state, also added that the line supervisors of such officer, including the Area Commander, Divisional Police Officer or Sectional Head, would be sanctioned for lacking supervision.The IGP who stated that the recent abuse of power by some police officers in the state was against the statutory provisions of the Nigeria Police Force, maintained that any policeman found guilty of power abuse will be dismissed. 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/16/any-policeman-found-guilty-of-power-abuse-will-be-dismissed-igp/
They are not supposed to be dismissed, they supposed to be dealt with. Dismissing them will make them become nuisance in the society.

Re: Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG by mubby4real(m): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2019
joshuisiukwu:
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu who spoke during his official visit to Lagos State on Monday, stated that any policeman found guilty of power abuse will be dismissed. 

Mohammed Adamu who expressed his condolences to the bereaved families of the victims of the misuse of firearms in the state, also added that the line supervisors of such officer, including the Area Commander, Divisional Police Officer or Sectional Head, would be sanctioned for lacking supervision.The IGP who stated that the recent abuse of power by some police officers in the state was against the statutory provisions of the Nigeria Police Force, maintained that any policeman found guilty of power abuse will be dismissed. 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/16/any-policeman-found-guilty-of-power-abuse-will-be-dismissed-igp/

They are not supposed to be dismissed, they supposed to be dealt with. Dismissing them will make them become nuisance in the society.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cat 'Arrested' For Break-in At Brazilian Prison / Man Killed Friend Over Okada Proceeds / Five Policemen Arrested Over Alleged Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.