Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna (3509 Views)

Bayo Ajia Notorious Gang Leader In Ilorin Killed By Cultist - Graphic Photos / Gunmen Kill Nigerian Businessman In South Africa / Armed Robber Mistakenly Shoots Gang Leader In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by muhsin(m): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2010
[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=TuvZTvWPJOie8BWNL9xr_C6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQnHjP6ArdxnpF_8h0qwAngnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Abdullahi Muazu, Head of Forensic, EFCC, killed in his home in Kaduna. Photo: EFCC

By Elor Nkereuwem
September 15, 2010 02:32AM

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is mourning the loss of its key operative, Abdullahi Muazu, who was killed yesterday in his home in Kaduna. Mr Muazu was, until his death, the head of the Forensic Unit of the anti-graft agency.

The EFCC says that there is not enough evidence to suspect any particular person, as Mr Muazu had been involved in several EFCC cases. An operative of the agency, who asked not to be named, told NEXT in Abuja that Mr Muazu was very involved in the ongoing trials of the bank chiefs who were sacked by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) last year.

“Muazu was involved in virtually all our cases because he was the head of the Forensic Unit, so it is difficult to say that we suspect any particular person,” the EFCC official said. “I know that he was very much involved in all the trials of the Bank Chiefs, you know with checking finger prints and all that.” The spokesman of the commission, Femi Babafemi, in a press statement made available to NEXT, condemned the killing; adding that the anti-graft agency is strengthening its resolve to go ahead with its duties.

“Information reaching the Commission today confirms that our head of forensic unit was killed in a cruel manner in the early hours of today by unknown assailants. Those behind this attack may have succeeded in killing a strategic hand and a key witness in some of our on-going cases, but their act has failed to dampen our spirit or deter us from continuing our investigation and prosecution of all forms of economic crimes and corruption in the country,” Mr Babafemi said.

Ominous killings

Mr Babafemi also said that the commission has launched an immediate investigation into the matter.

Mr Muazu’s death is coming just one day after the gruesome murder of an agent of the State Security Service (SSS), Garba Bello, who was killed alongside his children and wife in Kano.

Bamidele Aturu, a Lagos Attorney, described the murder of the SSS agent as “ominous”, while alluding that the death is related to the coming 2011 elections. Mr Aturu also expressed a lack of faith in the ability of law enforcement agencies in the country to apprehend the killers.

“One must confess that it is futile to call on the security agencies to fish out sponsors of gruesome and cold blooded murders such as the one that happened in Kano on Monday,” he said. “They seem eternally incapable of that. We can only hope that this latest killing might just be an exception in the sea of murder riddles in a country that spends billions of dollars on security at all levels of governance or mis-governance.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5619080-147/gunmen_kill_efccs_forensic_team_leader.csp
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by snowdrops(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2010
sympathy to his family. you just pray this does to go into the ever ending list of unsolved murders in Nigeria.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by usbcable(m): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2010
One thing is for sure the case will never be resolved.
na wa for our security agencies sha.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Mbeki: 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2010
If security operatives can't protect themselves, then we have a very big problem looming, the government should legalize the possession of firearms for self defense, this way, people will be cautious on how they stalk there fellow humans. Americans are doing it, South Africa too.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by favouredjb(f): 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2010
it will be another unsolved mystery sad
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Tcrack(m): 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2010
Mbeki:

If security operatives can't protect themselves, then we have a very big problem looming, the government should legalize the possession of firearms for self defense, this way, people will be cautious on how they stalk there fellow humans. Americans are doing it, South Africa too
no wonder they murder eachother at the slightest provocation
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by sayso: 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2010
may his soul rest in peace
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Sagamite(m): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2010
muhsin:

Mr Muazu’s death is coming just one day after the gruesome murder of an agent of the State Security Service (SSS), Garba Bello, who was killed alongside his children and wife in Kano.

The murder of an EFCC operative should be treated with on par intensity as the murder of the President's child.

The very best and finest resources should be poured in to find the killers.

And when they are caught, the very worst and gruesome punishment should be meted out to the killers.

That is the way Americans do it when you kill a cop.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by DualCore1: 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2010
Mbeki:

the government should legalize the possession of firearms for self defense, this way, people will be cautious on how they stalk there fellow humans.

I am not into Politics but if you ever have to go for Presidency, let me know  wink

Its called mutual assured destruction. First to shoot is the first to die. Nobody wants to die(first) so nobody shoots(first).
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Pharoh: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2010
In places like nigeria i think they should be careful with thier pictures and names or maybe even use fake names.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Goldenmeda(m): 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2010
r. i. p
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by ritchboy(m): 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2010
EFCC get forensic team? shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Theblessed(f): 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2010
[b][size=18pt]With all these unnecessary killings, it seems political assassinations for the Presidential Election 2011 has already started in Nigeria, has it?? The people doing these killings, what would they gain from it? To stop Nigeria growing or what?  No, their killings can't ground Nigeria for we are many!

Just shear wickedness, that's all it's about! Evil!!! But, why is it that illiterate ignorants are allowed to get away with these kind of atrocities - killing core Nigerian elites - smart guys and their families who would help guide and develop our country for the betterment of everyone.  Please, find these wicked men, find them before they cause us enormous harm. angry angry angry angry  

The people doing these things are so ignorant that they don't even understand the implications of what they are doing. This wicked act is like, killing the only Doctor in your village and then, a plague came and obliterate/wipe out everyone in your village including yourself now, tell us, does it really worth it. Why, do this?

Because of your wickedness, ignorance and blindness. The only Doctor that would have saved the whole village and yourself, you have destroyed and thus, destroyed everything.  Now, assuming that you were the only one that survived the plague and, have inherited the whole village - obviously, you feel goooooooooooooood, don't you? grin grin grin grin  

Then, go live there alone by yourself and see if you will enjoy it! angry angry angry angry angry angry To these evil men, I say good luck with your killings soon, you will be caught and you will be damned!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry Evil!
[/size][/b]
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Africanson: 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2010
Have they started their 2011 election assassinations campaign already. Oh!!, this is a doomed nation.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by mekaboy(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2010
SOME MEMBERS OF THE SAME EFCC HAVE A HAND IN IT, DON'T MIND THEM, THOSE GUYS ARE ALSO VERY CORRUPT, PUTTING ONLY YOUNG YAHOO BOYS IN JAIL, AND LEAVE THE RICH CRIMINAL POLITICIANS,

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by DanWaziri(m): 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2010
I cry for this man's family as his integrity on the job cost him his life. Which leads me to ask is Farida Waziri really doing her job or should we interpret the lack of perceived or real threats to her person as her letting the big people chop belle full?
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Sagamite(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2010
DanWaziri:

I cry for this man's family as his integrity on the job cost him his life. Which leads me to ask is Farida Waziri really doing her job or should we interpret the lack of perceived or real threats to her person as her letting the big people chop belle full?

How did you know there is no perceived or real threat to her life?

Do hired assassins log a report of those they want to kill to you?

And if there is no threat, that means it is because she is letting big people go?

This is how Nigerians make up and spread moronic rumours!
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by DanWaziri(m): 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2010
To Sagamite: My guy calm the eff down. You act as though you know for sure they are in fact threats. I stated my opinion that our esteemed corruption fighter so far has not exhibited a commendable track record. In the 2 years since she has headed this commission she has declared at various times that certain politicians would not be allowed to contest in elections and this is heralded as anti-corruption? Is she the head of INEC, is she the IG of the Police, is she a member of the bench? If she finds corrupt folk then arrest them and charge them, to date the highest profile arrest and conviction was of Bode George and even this was initiated by Nuhu Ribadu's EFCC.  I know our country is a nascent democracy dominated by the Pee-Dee-Pee, but the partisanship displayed by her office leads me to conclude the big boys of the party are happy with her not rocking the boat ergo no mention of death threats or talks of replacing her ineptitude.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Sagamite(m): 9:08pm On Sep 15, 2010
DanWaziri:

To Sagamite: My guy calm the eff down. You act as though you know for sure they are in fact threats.

No. I acted as though I don't make calumniative conjectures.

DanWaziri:

I stated my opinion that our esteemed corruption fighter so far has not exhibited a commendable track record. In the 2 years since she has headed this commission she has declared at various times that certain politicians would not be allowed to contest in elections and this is heralded as anti-corruption? Is she the head of INEC, is she the IG of the Police, is she a member of the bench? If she finds corrupt folk then arrest them and charge them, to date the highest profile arrest and conviction was of Bode George and even this was initiated by Nuhu Ribadu's EFCC.  I know our country is a nascent democracy dominated by the Pee-Dee-Pee, but the partisanship displayed by her office leads me to conclude the big boys of the party are happy with her not rocking the boat ergo no mention of death threats or talks of replacing her ineptitude.

All these is not what your 2 lines above said, matee.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by b200: 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2010
Oboy! Why is it easy for crime of this magnitude to thrive in Nija?
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by bidemi12(m): 1:08am On Sep 16, 2010
Theblessed:

[b][size=18pt]With all these unnecessary killings, it seems political assassinations for the Presidential Election 2011 has already started in Nigeria, has it?? The people doing these killings, what would they gain from it? To stop Nigeria growing or what? No, their killings can't ground Nigeria for we are many!

Just shear wickedness, that's all it's about! Evil!!! But, why is it that illiterate ignorants are allowed to get away with these kind of atrocities - killing core Nigerian elites - smart guys and their families who would help guide and develop our country for the betterment of everyone. Please, find these wicked men, find them before they cause us enormous harm. angry angry angry angry

The people doing these things are so ignorant that they don't even understand the implications of what they are doing. This wicked act is like, killing the only Doctor in your village and then, a plague came and obliterate/wipe out everyone in your village including yourself now, tell us, does it really worth it. Why, do this?

Because of your wickedness, ignorance and blindness. The only Doctor that would have saved the whole village and yourself, you have destroyed and thus, destroyed everything. Now, assuming that you were the only one that survived the plague and, have inherited the whole village - obviously, you feel goooooooooooooood, don't you? grin grin grin grin

Then, go live there alone by yourself and see if you will enjoy it! angry angry angry angry angry angry To these evil men, I say good luck with your killings soon, you will be caught and you will be damned!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry Evil!
[/size][/b]

The blessed my foot. more like the cursed. do you want to traumatize us. stop this childish and vulgar fonts you post with. dont you know it is rude? na wa for you, angry must you post without blinding us?
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 16, 2010
Theblessed:

[b][size=18pt]With all these unnecessary killings, it seems political assassinations for the Presidential Election 2011 has already started in Nigeria, has it?? The people doing these killings, what would they gain from it? To stop Nigeria growing or what?  No, their killings can't ground Nigeria for we are many!

Just shear wickedness, that's all it's about! Evil!!! But, why is it that illiterate ignorants are allowed to get away with these kind of atrocities - killing core Nigerian elites - smart guys and their families who would help guide and develop our country for the betterment of everyone.  Please, find these wicked men, find them before they cause us enormous harm. angry angry angry angry  

Because of your wickedness, ignorance and blindness. The only Doctor that would have saved the whole village and yourself, you have destroyed and thus, destroyed everything.  Now, assuming that you were the only one that survived the plague and, have inherited the whole village - obviously, you feel goooooooooooooood, don't you? grin grin grin grin  

[/size][/b]

Ok we have just notice you and you font size and color. embarassed
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Ranoscky(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2010
N d killin goes on n on!
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by phraze(m): 11:52am On Sep 16, 2010
bidemi or wateva the cra*ck ur name is, cant your blind head see her feelings are nothing but mere TRUTH, even if she blurt LIKE YOUR GRANDPA DOES why the heck should you SLAM a naira land PERSON LIKE DAT. ONE thing i know for sure about people like you is, you are in JAND, i no think sey you dey NAIJA, COS really if sey you dey NAIJA your reply to that text, WOULD Have BEEN SYMPATHY FOR THE LOST SOUL IN SERRVICE, YOU INCUMBENT RUN AWAY NIGERIAN WIF NO CAPABILITY, MY GRAND-MA is laughing at you, I mean dat, really, sheer IDIOT,
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by phraze(m): 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2010
AND TO you REALITY wat a wrong WAY to address someone WHO has blurted his or her feelings OUT, YOU AND BIDEMI ARE AMERICAN CITIZENS, i knew how you got your VISA'S OR GREEN CARDS, i know, DONT LET ME EXPOSE YOU CROOKS, D-BLESSD IM WIF YOU ON VIS ONE, anyone try to touch any one wif the green white green collar, I TOTALLY SMASH DAT PERSONS SOUL, common fools.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Sagamite(m): 12:02pm On Sep 16, 2010
phraze:

bidemi or wateva the cra*ck your name is, cant your blind head see her feelings are nothing but mere TRUTH, even if she blurt LIKE YOUR GRANDPA DOES why the heck should you SLAM a naira land PERSON LIKE DAT. ONE thing i know for sure about people like you is, you are in JAND, i no think sey you dey NAIJA, COS really if sey you dey NAIJA your reply to that text,  WOULD Have BEEN SYMPATHY FOR THE LOST SOUL IN SERRVICE,  YOU INCUMBENT RUN AWAY NIGERIAN WIF NO CAPABILITY,  MY GRAND-MA is laughing at you, I mean dat, really,  sheer ,

You are retarded!

You know?

How did you know?

Through the capability you obtained in your failed school?
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Sagamite(m): 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2010
phraze:

AND TO you REALITY wat a wrong WAY to address someone WHO has blurted his or her feelings OUT, YOU AND BIDEMI ARE AMERICAN CITIZENS, i knew how you got your VISA'S OR GREEN CARDS, i know, DONT LET ME EXPOSE YOU CROOKS, D-BLESSD IM WIF YOU ON VIS ONE, anyone try to touch any one wif the green white green collar, I TOTALLY SMASH DAT PERSONS SOUL, common fools.

Playa-hating suffo!!!

Stop taking out your frustration of not being given visa on them.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by orangemen: 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2010
why won't they allow this man to enjoy all his bribe and looted funds?
as for the killers, they must be the same ppl that killed bola ige.
i do not expect anyone to go after them until bola ige's matter is settled.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by Elgaxton(m): 2:43pm On Sep 16, 2010
Hazards of the job, makes it look like 24.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by oderemo(m): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2010
they must be the same ppl that killed bola ige.
i
how detective colombo.
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by ud4u: 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2010
High level of insecurity in this country is quit alarming. God help us
Re: Gunmen Kill Efcc’s Forensic Team Leader In Kaduna by alldone(m): 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2010
this is rather sad, security agent should be more careful especially when you are involved with all this top rogues

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic, Offa SUG Election Turns Into Killing (see Photos) / The Tragic Story Of The Armed Robbers That Were Also Lovers: Bonnie And Clyde / Nigerians Cry Out Over The Operation Of New Security Outfit, 'NDLEA SWAT' (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.