Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information (5109 Views)

Moment Tourists Woke Up To 3 Lions Licking Water Off Their Tent In Botswana (vid / Ask Me Anything About Brazil And I'll Give You A First Hand Information / Moving To Botswana. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 7:09am On Apr 17, 2019
hi guru's in the land.I need latest first hand information on how life in botswana is like and how to go about with the visa process.
I have a friends.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 17, 2019
Do some googling and Youtube'ing.
Its also my dreamland kiss
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 11:52am On Apr 17, 2019
NewBea:
Do some googling and Youtube'ing. Its also my dreamland kiss
please i need contributions hereoooo
help me with good infor
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2019
NewBea:
Do some googling and Youtube'ing. Its also my dreamland kiss
thank you my dear.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
please help a brother with first hand information.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 7:50am On Apr 18, 2019
no one want to comment here.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by chingynt(m): 10:02am On Apr 18, 2019
I can assist you
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
chingynt:
I can assist you
please my dear. how should I start off.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by Kamkamdd: 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
I 'm also interested in d country. Nige rians there shld assist wit useful information.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
ok bros.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 10:25am On Apr 19, 2019
starbn:
ok bros.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by chingynt(m): 11:26am On Apr 19, 2019
I'm a man.. Do you want to Go for business or pleasure?
starbn:

please my dear.
how should I start off.

1 Like

Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 7:54pm On May 12, 2019
how is life in Botswana for Nigerians
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by Investmentfreak: 7:56pm On May 12, 2019
:oh came with popcorn

1 Like

Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 12:35am On May 13, 2019
Investmentfreak:
:oh came with popcorn
how my dear.
I have a girlfriend over who want me to move over as quickly as possible.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by alexto(m): 7:21am On May 13, 2019
my elder bro has being they since january 15,life is nt easy over they that u need permit for almost everything.no jobs but if u have money to do business u wll make it,stay out of crime, nigerians are making it they,but knw one will be willing to help u.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by BedLam: 10:36am On May 13, 2019
First, what do you plan to do in Botswana of all places ? Botswana is not a thriving olace for all I know. Like someone said , you will need permit for almost anything and there aren't enough for citizens so there's segregation. I met a girl whose mother is from Botswana and father from Europe but she couldn't do her medical placement in Botswana just because she left when she was younger. So imagine you being a stranger ?
Business? Bostwana us about 2 million and apart from the capital, elsewhere is scanty.
Though housing is so cheap, you can live like a king of you have money.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 13, 2019
BedLam:
First, what do you plan to do in Botswana of all places ? Botswana is not a thriving olace for all I know. Like someone said , you will need permit for almost anything and there aren't enough for citizens so there's segregation. I met a girl whose mother is from Botswana and father from Europe but she couldn't do her medical placement in Botswana just because she left when she was younger. So imagine you being a stranger ?
Business? Bostwana us about 2 million and apart from the capital, elsewhere is scanty.
Though housing is so cheap, you can live like a king of you have money.

Get your facts right
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by ifyalways(f): 5:45am On May 14, 2019
NewBea:

Get your facts right
He gave his opinion with a caveat. If you have a different opinion state it, the burden is on you.

3 Likes

Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 6:11pm On May 14, 2019
thank you so much for your contributed suggestions and opinion.
I'm going there to stay with my girl friend and she will help process my permits more faster.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by starbn(m): 7:17am On May 18, 2019
useful information about life in Botswana will be highly appreciated.
Re: Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information by mofedamijo(m): 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
Botswana? I will advice you to be careful and stay back for now, read below

1. You need a permit for everything and make sure you go with your Nigerian Police clearance if you must go.

2. There are no jobs, i mean non for foreigners, if you're going for business, then better, but be ready to face rejections.

3. Accommodation payment is on a monthly basis, and expect to pay 1500-2000pula for a small bedsitter.

4. The people can be hostile sometimes, so doing business doesn't come easy.

5. They have been denying Nigerians permit for some time, however, they relaxed it, but seems they are back to it again, they even stopped renewing permits for Nigerians who have been there for 15years, but they later relaxed, but they are still harsh with issuing their permit.

6. Hold enough cash, and ensure you have a place to stay, they will deport you from the Airport without even blinking.

7. I will advise you to go for vacation, then explore what business you can venture into, do your feasibility study, don't just go with the mind of starting a business right away, you will spend all your money on rent and accommodation.

8. Even when you get a job, both you and your employer will be interviewed by the ministry of labour. They want to know if there are no Batswanas who can do the job, a Batswana first, so if you must get a job, then it means nobody in Botswana can do the job and am sure there are, and even if there are non, they will prefer someone from the SADC region to take the position, so expect your application to be rejected.

Also note, before you apply or get your business permit, you need to have a functioning office, must have paid rent, then the home affairs staffs will come to inspect your office, if by the time they come, you can't give them a reasonable reason, or a viable business plan in place, your permit will be turned down, and you will need a permit to open a bank account, for a place like Swaziland, once your permit expires, they also shut down your bank account temporarily pending when your permit is renewed, the bank knows when your permit expires.

I have traveled around the SADC region a lot, so am telling you facts, they are also having an extreme financial meltdown at the moment.

WATCH OUT AND WEIGH YOUR OPTIONS.

6 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Trip To Switzerland & Italy | First Stop FIFA Museum / Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? / Yuletide: Peace Mass Transit Completes FRSC Training For 2,000 Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.