Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? (5110 Views)

Top 14 Peculiar Sea Beaches In The World(photos) / 10 Most Dangerous Beaches In The World / Best Beaches In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by Quentin: 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2005
Good afternoon, chaps. I'm hoping to visit Nigeria soon, partaking in a holiday excursion with some old school chums. It should be an absolute wheeze!

However, I do have a pressing requirement for some basic information. Do you have any particularly good beaches? Only, me and the gang do so enjoy a leisurely drive to Margate or Southend so we can dip our toes! I'll also need to know what the laws are over there regarding alcohol, as we do like to quaff the odd dry sherry - perhaps more than is necessarily good for us! Once I get these small details out of the way, me and the chaps can come and visit your quaint little country. I'm sure we'll all get along famously!
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by joftech(m): 1:55am On Sep 17, 2005
There are fine beaches here, Kuramo, Bar and the rest.

Who tells you Nigeria is a little country. Nonsense.
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by hotangel2(f): 5:29am On Sep 17, 2005
Incase you wanna try something other than beaches. prolly like a natural pool/site view/animal views (zoo), clubing/ and much more banging. I'd say you go to Yankari game reserve in Bauchi state. Students from bauchi poly, always keep that place banging!

As for beaches. I will say the only beach i know. Lekki Beach (if it's still alive).
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by layi(m): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2005
Try Obudu Hills in Calabar. They got a lake/natural swimming pool there. U'll love that place. It'll be "Home away from home".
As for beaches, try Kuramo. The others aint that good.

Quentin:

.... me and the chaps can come and visit your quaint little country. I'm sure .......
U killed my mood with that sacarstic statement!  angry
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by obong(m): 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2005
Nigeria isnt known for beaches. The few it has arent wellt aken care of, but there are some in lagos and in akwa ibom (Nwaniba beach).
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by Buffy(m): 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2005
I thought Nigeria was land locked? These beaches on some sort of lake are they? Is it safe to swim or is it croc hunting territory?
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by obong(m): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2005
nigeria isnt lanlocked, but even landlocked places can have beaches
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by joftech(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2005
I thought Nigeria was land locked? These beaches on some sort of lake are they? Is it safe to swim or is it croc hunting territory?

Am still amaze about how dumb some people are about the countries of the world. You can do some googling and get everything you want about any country.

Even UAE have articial beaches.
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by Buffy(m): 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2005
dumb? Are you familiar with the geography, economics and social structure of all the worlds nations? Because I am not.

yes, theres Google, The Rough Guide and 101 other publications. I simply find it more useful and interesting to ask real people, who live there.

if this makes me dumb I am quite happy to leave you to more smart discussions?
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by joftech(m): 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2005
Well i won't call myself an excyclopedia of world geography but i can tell you the climatic, political, ethincal and current event in 95% of the countries of the world.

Saying maybe NIgeria is land-locked shows that you have never seen the map of the world, or maybe you don't know how to interprete one if you see it.
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by layi(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2005
The guyz is just beign sarcastic like his other folks on this board.
"Farmer wey dey set trap for squirell no know say im own yansh dey exposed (to baba God)"

I magine this statement
Buffy:

..................Is it safe to swim or is it croc hunting territory?
A whole Nigeria ? Men these guyz just piss me.
And if u see these 'things' you'll be moved to dash them money o.
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by bedone(m): 8:35am On Jan 08, 2006
I have not been in there for a while now but I can tell you that they are not hard the find. Make sure you have the right people around you to show you the trips. Omo, Nigeria  kiss e sweet ooo make sure you got naira plenty. wink
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by simmy(m): 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2007
this my guy must be a member of the british royal family, who else speaks english like that?/ quentin is an apt name, u make me think of some stiff old perverted english gentleman who's looking 4 a lil rump with some voluptous little balck girl from our quaint little country
ps. 9ja is more than twice hte size of the uk.
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by yemi87(f): 3:05pm On Feb 18, 2007
hey, Slimmy you crack me up cheesy, i totally agree with what you said. The guy is so stupid how can he say such a thing, the guy is probaby an illiterate or totally obnoxious angry and think less of other countries since africa is seen a third world. i agreed that he is old as that's what the do with their pension money. however i'll be going to nigeria in a few weeks time i need to know the hot places to visit
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by simmy(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2007
hey yemi
lagos is a lot of fun, if u'll be visiting lagos. u have to have a lot of cash to have fun though, where to go depends on the kind of person u are, u can have wholesome clean fun and u can delve into the naughtier stuff too if u choose,
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by LePhilippe(m): 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2007
Lol, quash, You learn something new everyday!!
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by English1(f): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2007
lol.

I say Quentin old chap, spiffing post.
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by LePhilippe(m): 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2007
Oh jolly old Englishman, perhaps we may have a quash some other time.
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by suprted(m): 11:00am On Jul 20, 2007
it's called a wind-up people, don't bite.
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by omega25red(m): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2007
I am really upset with the person who posted this shitty message i hope you dont talk the way you write because im sure you would sound like a dumb ass. I dont understand why people who left Nigeria always act like they dont rememeber how to communicate with out trying to sound like they are better than every body else

I say if people are going to go back home you shouldn't be a poser be the real person that you are because itsnot a good look psst men what a jack ass calling people chums and chaps angry
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by Jakumo(m): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2007
'Bout time someone called this poser on that bogus accent.  Quentin, you have got to be kidding. That accent is beyond lame. Is that the best you can do ?   Hell, not even real white British country toffs speak that way.    I say, old bean, spot of sherry, what ?   Jolly good show. Yeah, right. Somebody has been watching too many Austin Shagem movies, methinks.

Buffy S. Thompson, you'll be disapppointed to hear that Nigeria isn't croc hunting territory, but it is [size=15pt]BAT COUNTRY [/size] for sure, and I'm talking frigging vampires, dude.
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by hola2ng(m): 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2007
Re: Good Beaches in Nigeria & Laws Concerning Alcohol? by tck2000(m): 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
i love the beach

(1) (Reply)

Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? / Is Old Mrp Passport Still A Valid Identification / Be Sure To Fly Royal Air Maroc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.