Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. (6341 Views)

Nysc Experience At Dakingari, Kebbi State / Maggot Infested Food Allegedly Served To Corps Members At Kebbi NYSC Camp / Maggots In Food Served At Kebbi NYSC Camp: How True Is This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:19am On Apr 17, 2019
Greetings to everyone.. I'll be sharing my experience at Kebbi Permanent Orientation Camp located at Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. On Monday evening, I printed my call up letter, when I saw Kebbi, oh boy, I was disappointed o... Although I picked it as the 4th choice but I didn't know they will even give me. Fast fast, I started packing and getting ready, no time. Buy anything I can buy and rent those I can't buy���Wednesday March 27, 2019, enter motor from Ogbomoso (BTW I'm a LAUTECH student, Dept of Pure and Applied Mathematics, indigene of Ogbomoso) to Ilorin, I boarded Kwara Express motors (already booked seat).. We took off exactly 8.30a.m.... The journey mehn, it's long long long and long.... We first stopped at a place in Niger where I paid 20 naira because I want to piss���I don't know people still pay because of piss and defecating���we move... Another side attraction is Kanji dam... My first time seeing it... Another side attraction is when we entered an untarred desert road... Mehn, we spent more than 3½ hours in the desert... Passed on a wooden bridge.. It almost looked like we will not see tarred road again... I'm telling you, that place is not safe if car jammed for there cos nobody will help you out.... After spending more than 3 hrs, we got back on track.. The driver said the desert way is a short cut... Fast forward, we got to the camp exactly 8.30pm...yeah.. 12 good hours... My longest journey ever.... We were all so happy.... Very happy... Soldiers checked us in, searched our bags..off to collect bed and then to the hostel and we came back out for registration...

Some side attration in camp:
Food: Kitchen department did a very great job, I'm telling you. The food is always ready on-time. Although, I only eat their jollof rice, tea and bread with egg/butter.. I don't really like their swallow foods, sometimes it's watery and it's good something.. The day I tried their beans ehn, I purged like craze... ����anytime I don't eat, mammy market straight... Their is a woman for mammy market called Madam No Hurry In Life... Oboyyy, she has the best food for that mammy market... Very delicious food.. I bonded with some of her workers, Ruth and Happy, those girls are cool..���

Soldiers/Military Personel: The military personnel are very interesting and free to everybody except two or three sha...but it's all normal, they're doing their job... I remember one we nicknamed "Shift" ��and their is another, Alli Alli, if you hear 'Eeeediot', 'Sharpaly', that's him ���and our Camp Commandant ehn, I like him die.. Very cool and easy...although they wan use parade kill us, but it's for our own good, so that we won't Bleep up... They're all good...

The Sun: Mehn, the sun for kebbi state no be here.. It comes up 7a.m. and set 6.30pm...its like hell fire is not far from the camp ni... The sun is one of the main reason why I don't like the place, apart from been too too far, the sun is not friendly at all... you have to drink alot of water.. when I mean a lot, I mean a lot, at least, 15lts per day.. even after drinking all these litres of water, I'm telling you, you still won't piss, the sun will still dry it up... the water I drank for 21days there, I've never drink it my whole life..

Mr Atama: I don't even know his real name, but if you serve for kebbi, u must know him. He handles the coordination of lectures, social nights and orientation broadcasting service.. He's so cool and everybody loves him... If you hear 'chacharakacha, gingin the body' or "atama(its not encouraging), atama, lubaku, Sabrina �����those two statements always give us high moral... The man has already become a celebrity for camp... Mr Atama ��

Kebbi camp is one of the best camp, I'm telling you. Na only hot scorching hell like sun spoil am... The camp officials are cool and friendly... Every night is social night, fun and dance all through....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2019
I stayed at Hostel 3, Room 1, one of the best room. I rep Platoon 5.. My roomies are crazy and fun to be with, I swear... Camp is fun o and stressful at the same time... So many people fainted ���on parade ground... Red Cross get plenty customer... ��so many funny moments, competition amongst platoon(drinking, eating, cooking, drama, comedy, miss lepa, hot legs, volleyball for females, football for male, Big Bold and beautiful, big bold and handsome, miss nysc, Mr macho(the guy that won was my room mate) ��all competition were fun fun and fun just to keep the camp lively...
The thing we all hate most is the sound of the bugle.. The only time we love it is when it's been blown for food ��carnival day was fun too, although it's not long enough.. No camp fire, director of man o war said its old fashion, so we had cooking competition on that day, tug of war, sack race...
Kebbi orientation camp is very well structured, their hostels are good...the officials are cool and friendly..The camp is surrounded by mountains... Hot breeze blow at night...

The Camp Director is one cool man... Very lively and cool to be with... He's a nigga, not an old man, I'm telling you...

Some memorable slangs used in camp:

I am your commandant, is that clear,? Yes sir..
Double up on time, is that clear? Yes sir..
��Monkey chop banana.... Hoooooooo����
��Atama, lubaku, Sabrinaaaaaaaaa....
��Chacharakacha, jinjin the body, I do like this, I do like that...i balance well..
✌✌Moral.... high...
��our problem don go o, our problem don go o..
��If you're walking, you're wrong...if you're catwalking, couple walking, donkey walking, elephant walking, going to the camp market, walking around like a tax collector, you're very very wrong.. (Mr atama slang)

In conclusion, Camp is fun, you'll meet and make new friends, but it's stressful, don't forget that.. You wake up 5a.m everyday except Sundays... I really enjoyed my stay at camp although I'll relocate base on the two reasons I've given earlier, sun and distance���
We left campus 16 April 2019....

God bless NYSC, Kebbi State.
God bless Nigeria...
If you served their too, you can add anything you want....
Once again, I rep Platoon 5, Batch A, 2019...

for prospective Corp members, if you have any question about the orientation camp, you are free to ask... only about the Orientation camp o...
cc:lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:29am On Apr 17, 2019
some pictures....
1.Swearing in ceremony... at the front is the pavilion
2. cross section of Corp members during a lecture
3. view of parade ground from male hostel 3
4. back view from male hostel 3

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:37am On Apr 17, 2019
more...

Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:46am On Apr 17, 2019
pictures....

Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:49am On Apr 17, 2019
moreee...

Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:51am On Apr 17, 2019
1. mammy market..
2. madam no hurry in life restaurant.. best food, I'm telling you..
3. POP
4. my signature ���

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by SomeHenro: 9:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
OP Zuru or Suru...which one
I only know Zuru in Kebbi state not Suru.
My company do mining in Kebbi..Enjoy your stay bro.
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by missyojo(f): 8:52am On Apr 18, 2019
Op, I enjoyed your write up. I must say you really enjoyed your camp there in kebbi state and your camp has nice structures too. I camped in Kano so I can relate with everything you put up. So which state did you relocate to?
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by lovelycisca(f): 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
I also camped in kebbi, platoon 6, with commandant Cyril and octopus , that camp's got lots of memories,I relocated to Lagos ,
u got me laughing hard with all those memories,.I can relate,
I miss Atama,, and d soldiers, dey r d most friendly ..
.. our platoon slangs;
ebilibi gbasa abasimo.. gbish... lol..
wotever DAT means..

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by richboy01(m): 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
U sabi OBO? cheesy
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
missyojo:
Op, I enjoyed your write up. I must say you really enjoyed your camp there in kebbi state and your camp has nice structures too. I camped in Kano so I can relate with everything you put up. So which state did you relocate to?
yeah.. I really enjoyed the camp...so many fun moments. . I redeployed to Ekiti State..
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
lovelycisca:
I also camped in kebbi, platoon 6, with commandant Cyril and octopus , that camp's got lots of memories,I relocated to Lagos ,
u got me laughing hard with all those memories,.I can relate,
I miss Atama,, and d soldiers, dey r d most friendly ..
.. our platoon slangs;
ebilibi gbasa abasimo.. gbish... lol..
wotever DAT means..
I'm already missing camp, I swear.. ���
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by missyojo(f): 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
tayo200:

yeah.. I really enjoyed the camp...so many fun moments. . I redeployed to Ekiti State..

Ohhh! Waooo
I wish you a successful service year
Cheers!!
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
SomeHenro:
OP Zuru or Suru...which one I only know Zuru in Kebbi state not Suru. My company do mining in Kebbi..Enjoy your stay bro.
it is Suru LGA bro... I don redeploy.. the sun don chase me comot.. ��
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
missyojo:

Ohhh! Waooo I wish you a successful service year Cheers!!
Thanks dear. ✌✌✌
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
richboy01:
U sabi OBO? cheesy
lol... one and only Baba Ibadan... ���who no go sabi OBO for 5 Platoon...
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by 50scent: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2019
*Corper wee*✌

Don't go broke trying to impress those wouldn't even matter again in the next two weeks. Spend wisely. Peace✌

*MEANWHILE RE-LOCATION STILL MADE EASY!!!*

Its never too late even after camp is over. There is still a way. Look around you, and tell me if you want to stay or move. The 3months wait you were told in camp is just a formality. Trust me, I've been there. Time waits for no man, make a decision today. Meanwhile Congratulations to those that have trusted us thus far with their *NYSC DIRECT POSTING* (influenced directly to preferred state before camp), *NYSC RE-POSTING* (Changing your state of deployment to your preferred state before camp). And so Please for those that still want to *RE-LOCATE/RE-DEPLOY* from their current state of deployment (Whether *BATCH A 2019* or *BATCH C 2018* , the door is still very much opened. Kindly hit me up on 090-79500705 or chat me up personally now asap 070-30106829. I'll be more than willing to entertain all your questions. Peace✌
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by Ge0grapher(m): 12:18pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bro, abeg can you pls tell me how you went about your redeployment in the Kebbi camp, I have a strong feeling that I will be posted there pls I am anticipating your reply.
tayo200:

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by kenny160: 5:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Oga ...i will like to see ur pic..we r in same platoon 5 batch A 2019 hostel 2
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by kenny160: 5:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
richboy01:
U sabi OBO? cheesy
OBO baba Ibadan
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by yarimo(m): 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
SomeHenro:
OP Zuru or Suru...which one
I only know Zuru in Kebbi state not Suru.
My company do mining in Kebbi..Enjoy your stay bro.
Zuru is another Lga, while dakingari is the headquarters of Suru lga .
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by yarimo(m): 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2020
tayo200:
1. mammy market..
2. madam no hurry in life restaurant.. best food, I'm telling you..
3. POP
4. my signature ���
Chacharakacha gin gin day body . oya hold something grin grin
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2020
Ge0grapher:
Bro, abeg can you pls tell me how you went about your redeployment in the Kebbi camp, I have a strong feeling that I will be posted there pls I am anticipating your reply.
knows somebody that knows somebody that know somebody..
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2020
kenny160:
Oga ...i will like to see ur pic..we r in same platoon 5 batch A 2019 hostel 2
oh... great... but I cant post my picture here
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
yarimo:
Chacharakacha gin gin day body . oya hold something grin grin
if you're walking, cat walking, couple walking, you're very wrong..
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by SimeonOTC(m): 11:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
tayo200:

it is Suru LGA bro... I don redeploy.. the sun don chase me comot.. ��

o.p thanks for your write up..i really do appreciate cause i filled kebbi as my third choice, though i really dnt want to serve there as a 2020 batch A PCM..but you write has kind of change my thought but am still going to redeploy if NYSC carry me go theregrin

so o.p please ,how did you redeploy? what reason did you give? was redeploying stressful?

please i need you to answer and guidance please..
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by Ge0grapher(m): 6:16am On Mar 03, 2020
Chai, bro, can you help a brother out??
tayo200:

knows somebody that knows somebody that know somebody..
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by Emma11Chuks: 12:16pm On Mar 03, 2020
SimeonOTC:

o.p thanks for your write up..i really do appreciate cause i filled kebbi as my third choice, though i really dnt want to serve there as a 2020 batch A PCM..but you write has kind of change my thought but am still going to redeploy if NYSC carry me go theregrin

so o.p please ,how did you redeploy? what reason did you give? was redeploying stressful?

NYSC REGISTRATION
Registration has been extended till today, March 3 2019. Please endeavour to complete yours today if you haven't.
Please rebroadcast this to your peers!!
Join Corper's Corner for all your timely NYSC updates
https:///KCuAbRpXICJB9l9AKkEm6B
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by kenny160: 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
tayo200:

oh... great... but I cant post my picture here
u can drop me ur fbk name den
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 10:18pm On Mar 05, 2020
kenny160:
u can drop me ur fbk name den
alright...
www.facebook.com/tehmetaryor
send me a friend request please ..and congratulations on your pop..
Re: My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. by tayo200(m): 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
SimeonOTC:

well, during our time, redeployment was somehow free, I would say.. they released almost everyone that put in for redeployment...even some didn't give reason like medical condition that most people use.. I think the state coordinator just free everyone.. don't know what will happen now sha.. but TBH, you might decide to stay after 21days in camp o, I'm telling you..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo State Nysc Camp Pictures / Batch A 16 Stream II Kano Corpers / What Are The Duties Of The CLO?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.