Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

The Hacking Game Continues - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Hacking Game Continues (888 Views)

Usb Continues To Disconnect / I Am Hacking All Poor Nigerian Database: So They Can Improve. / Hacking Software For Wireless Noetwork Or Wifi Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hacking Game Continues by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2010
How to Block Unwanted Emails

Do you want to block emails from your ex wife/husband? Do you want to block those annoying offers and newsletters that reach your inbox? Well here is a way to block all those unwanted and annoying emails that you do not want to see or read! With this trick you can block individual email address or the whole domain from which you do not want the emails to come from. Here are the step-by-step instructions to do this.

For Gmail

1. Login to your account

2. At the top-right corner, click on Settings

3. Under Settings, click on Filters

4. You’ll now see an option “Create a new filter“, click on it

5. Now in the From field enter the email address from which you do not want to receive the emails

For ex. you may enter john@gmail .com in the From field to block all incoming emails from this address. However if you want to block the whole domain then use the following syntax: *@xyz.com. Now all the incoming emails from the domain xyz.com will be blocked.

6. Click on Next Step, select the action you’d like to take on the blocked emails. You may select the option Delete it so that the blocked email is moved to trash. To unblock the email, all you need to do is just delete the filter that you’ve created.

For Yahoo

1. Login to your account

2. At the top-right corner, click on Options

3. A drop down menu appears, now click on More options

4. In the left panel select the option Filters and click on create or edit filters

5. Now click on Add

6. In the next screen, give a name to your filter and in the From header field enter the email address that you want to block.

Fox ex. john@gmail.com or if you want to block an entire domain then just enter @xyz.com. Dont enter *@xyz.com. Select the option Move the message to: Trash and click on Save Changes.

For Hotmail

1. Login to your account

2. At the top-right corner, click on Options

3. A drop down menu appears, now click on More options

4. Click on Safe and blocked senders link under Junk e-mail

5. Now click on Blocked senders

6. Type in the email address that you want to block under blocked e-mail address or domain field.

For ex. Enter john@yahoo.com to block the individual email address or just enter xyz.com to block the entire domain.

That’s it. You no longer receive those annoying emails in your inbox. Keep your inbox clean and tidy.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

Benefits of Using BCC While Sending an Email

Almost every user on the Internet sends/receives hundreds of emails per day. However only a handful of them know what is BCC and what are the advantages of using BCC while sending an email. If you are one such Internet user who is unaware of BCC then this is the post that you should definitely read!

What is BCC?

BCC stands Blind Carbon Copy. It refers to the practice of sending an email to multiple recipients without disclosing the individual emails addresses. While sending the same email/message to multiple recipients, it is a common practice for most users to separate the email addresses by using comma or semi-colon and insert all those addresses in the To: filed. When emails are sent in this way, each receiver is able to see the complete list of recipient email addresses to which the same message if being sent to. Unlike To:, the BCC: option allows you to hide the recipients in email messages. In other words, when emails are sent using BCC:, the receiver will not be able to see the list of recipient email addresses. Thus using BCC is a smart way to protect the privacy of the recipients.

Why should you use BCC?

Here are the reasons for using BCC:

Privacy – BCC provides an easy and simple option for protecting the privacy of your recipients. Under many circumstances it is necessary for us send an email without letting the recipients know who else is receiving the same message. Also it is highly recommended that you use the BCC: while forwarding a joke or a funny email to a list of your friends. If you are sending email on behalf of a business or organization, it may be especially important to keep lists of clients, members, or associates confidential. So don’t forget to use BCC: in instances wherever privacy matters.

Respect for you recipients- While forwarding email messages, people often do not bother to remove the list of previous recipients. As a result, messages that are repeatedly sent to many recipients may contain long lists of email addresses. This makes it easy for the spammers to collect and target those emails for spamming.

In order to avoid the risk of spammers, it is necessary that you encourage people/friends to use BCC: while forwarding any message to you. This prevents your email address from appearing in other people’s inboxes thereby keeping yourself less exposed to spammers. You may also refer How to Protect an Email Account from SPAM for more information on spamming.

How to BCC an email message?

Most email clients provide the BCC: option under a few lines below the To: field. All you have to do is just enter the list of recipients in the BCC: field instead of entering in the To: field. You may enter only your own email address in the To: field. Once you do this just hit the Send button.

The moral is that you should use BCC: while sending bulk messages so as to protect the privacy of your recipients.

Your browser may not support display of this image.
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Slyr0x: 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2010
Source: http://forumom.com/hacking/?p=260

This does not make U a ha.cker. Get ur hands dirty.
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by 0Edward0(m): 3:06pm On Sep 16, 2010
@DonChippy, blocking unwanted email is not a hacking a game., put on some real stuff let us learn.

@Slyrox r u a real hacker, read ur blog, if u did those then it really cool, if u can,
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Slyr0x: 3:56pm On Sep 16, 2010
0Edward0:

@DonChippy, blocking unwanted email is not a hacking a game., put on some real stuff let us learn.

@Slyrox r u a real hacker, read your blog, if u did those then it really cool, if u can,

Yeah thats my blog + I did those + Lets say am a hactivist.
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2010
Can someone Talk to the modes or whoever deletes my posts on here.
@edwards, i have some crazy stuffs for you guyz but NL won't let me post them.
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Slyr0x: 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2010
DonChippy:

Can someone Talk to the modes or whoever deletes my posts on here.
@edwards, i have some crazy stuffs for you guyz but NL won't let me post them.

lol. U heard of NL Spam Bot?
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2010
Yeah! Seems to me it's an overzealous program. cry
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Slyr0x: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2010
DonChippy:

Yeah! Seems to me it's an overzealous program. cry

+1.
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2010
Seems the parameters Seun set are too strict,

Already made posts like how to detect an i.p address and other great stuffs, i believe people out there will benefit from but it keeps taking them out.

Maybe i just don't understand his rules. undecided
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Ifedisky(m): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2010
Slyr0x:

+1.
Hack into the bot then! grin grin grin grin
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 17, 2010
Maybe we should start a Nairaland hacking challenge, lets see who can get into the NL site administrator, lol.
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Slyr0x: 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2010
DonChippy:

Maybe we should start a Nairaland hacking challenge, lets see who can get into the NL site administrator, lol.

Quite simple, open cmd.exe, then type

h.ack www.nairaland.com 80 admin

It works!
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by 0Edward0(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2010
I dey wait for the game
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by ProExcel: 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2010
Slyr0x:

Quite simple, open cmd.exe, then type
h.ack www.nairaland.com 80 admin
It works!

yOU MUST BE KIDDIN ME, Haven't tried it yet tho.

do you know you can get banned for this post? lol!
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by netghost: 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2010
hahahahahhahaha

am laughing, even though i dont get the joke , "Hacking Game", cos am sure it was meant to be a joke
Re: The Hacking Game Continues by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2010
@netghost this is not a game, it's actually serious business. So brace up and learn something.

(1) (Reply)

Pentium M Laptops For Just N15,000 Each ! / My Mtn Connects Only With Egde Why? / Snd Me Details 4 D Free 4gb Airtel Browzin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.