Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Start Your Own Software Company (micro-isv) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Start Your Own Software Company (micro-isv) (1904 Views)

Software Company In Nigeria / Starting A Software Company / Nigerian Software Company Mentioned On Google Africa Blog Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start Your Own Software Company (micro-isv) by Seun(m): 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2007
I've been developing and selling my own software for just over a year. I haven't made riches, but I get a regular, secure monthly income from it.

I don't have to play political games, nobody takes credit for my work and I don't have too spend time making a fool boss seem clever. I don't have my work compromised by somebodyelse's crazy decisions.

Ironically running my own micro-ISV provides me more security than working for a company. In a company you can get screwed in a re-organization and get fired when there is a downturn, right before the next quarter when the company wants to show a profit or simply fired because you didn't a good job and there is nothing important left to do for the next few months.

So hey all you people out there. Don't work for stupid people. Work for yourself. It has worked for me.
Source: http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?joel.3.488562

1 Like

Re: Start Your Own Software Company (micro-isv) by dag(m): 11:06am On May 01, 2007
seun apart from the fact that you put up a great site like this that has help me in many ways and now this, your such a great guy, sometimes i wonder what you look like. Actually im in a turning point in my life right now and i think what you just did has jolted me even further to taking what i presumed to be a wreckless decision.

i used to think of what wld be the nxt thing apart from the current technologies now, and the answer has always been a torrent of new technologies, so much to learn in computers and software dev. means so much more possibilities in enterprise solutions. and in a developing country like ours it means so much more opportunities.
Re: Start Your Own Software Company (micro-isv) by Elgaxton(m): 3:23pm On May 02, 2007
Hi Seun! Thanks for the advice, But i want to ask you a simple question!

How did you start off?
Re: Start Your Own Software Company (micro-isv) by talktome: 8:43am On May 04, 2007
Seun,
Nice one! I need some helpful info on a software im looking for. Do you know where I can get a fully functional microfinance bank software? You can mail me on talktom2007@yahoo.com
Re: Start Your Own Software Company (micro-isv) by astronp7(m): 10:14am On May 05, 2007
That true Seun. most times people think they do us a great favour, while perharps the we the ordinary may be the one running the process that is yeilding the money.

So friends, I believe we all have one great idea or the other. So if you put together all those ideas, it may be the turn around the world needs. If you can do your site get one. And if you can't, I can put up one for you, for only a token.

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Access Facebook Anymore / Python Programming! Pls Help! / How To Build Geo-tracking Apps With AngularJS, Ionic & The Salesforce REST API

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.