Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

What A Pity - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What A Pity (221 Views)

I Pity The Private School Teachers / It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick / Norway Prison Vs UNILAG Hostel. What A Pity! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What A Pity by UncleAdewale(m): 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
Good Day Nigerians!

PLEASE READ THE END

My conscience these days pricks me when I see Nigerian parents forcing their children to learn/speak English and the ones they give to the children are not actually the correct ones.

I said it sometimes that What is worth doing at all is worth doing well. If we are taking this vernacular as our mother's tongue, then let's endeavour to use them the way the native speakers do.

Nowadays, we Nigerians often send our children to private schools probably to improve their speaking ability but we fail to check up on how they use the English language in the relevant ways because we think their teachers have taught them all. I am sorry to disappoint you, Most of the teachers themselves are trying to get themselves in the use if the correct English

Do not misquote me; no man is perfect and teaching is in disciplines. But the fact still remains that:

ALL OF US, BOTH TEACHERS AND PARENTS SHOULD KEEP OURSELVES UPDATED SO THAT WE CAN MAKE THE BEST OUT OF THIS LANGUAGE WE ARE FORCING ON OURSELVES.

I speak like a concerned teacher and generation builders, looking at the adverse effect of not taking the use of the correct English serious in this 21st Century where children decode easily and faster than before.

Nigerian Parents, teachers, and children of the 21st Century, if English Language is worth using as a general way of conversation, let us learn the correct use of it.

Follow me on whatsapp and let me share some of my day to day experiences as an English Language teacher that you too can learn from to better your conversation.

https:///DMuSWsCzjQcGftXg99o95t

A click will make you better than others.

I hope to see you join the group soon.

Thanks and have a lovely day ahead

(1) (Reply)

Essay Writing Trends / This Is Why You'll Never Succeed / How To Check HSC Result 2019 With Marksheet Quickly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.