Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

I Pity The Private School Teachers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Pity The Private School Teachers (3297 Views)

Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. / How Private School Teachers Work / School Teachers Shocked At What They Found Under Student's Cardigan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Pity The Private School Teachers by Fortunerrr(m): 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
How do you guys cope with the hike in pms
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by Septagon: 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2023
It has been easy peasy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by Haymus007(m): 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
Salary earners generally are really going through alot this time
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by illicit(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2023
Lol

Private school dey, Exclusive school dey

Teachers in Nigeria don't get paid much generally, that's the only downside to my job

2 Likes

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by Orente21(f): 2:09am On Jul 24, 2023
Its only by the grace of God. Some parents are generous to us.

5 Likes

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by Minjim: 4:48am On Jul 24, 2023
There are no generous parents in my school. And the prorietress is a dictator. I took to final year kids for an exam in Lagos last Saturday and this woman didn't make any arrangement for transport. I had to use my money to transport them when the parents started getting agitated. This an exam parents had paid her for the logistics.
I am just praying to get a better job before resumption. Teaching in some private schools is very tasking and not rewarding at all.
I'm always borrowing before the month ends

15 Likes

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by NwaliE01: 5:22am On Jul 24, 2023
Minjim:
There are no generous parents in my school. And the prorietress is a dictator. I took to final year kids for an exam in Lagos last Saturday and this woman didn't make any arrangement for transport. I had to use my money to transport them when the parents started getting agitated. This an exam parents had paid her for the logistics.
I am just praying to get a better job before resumption. Teaching in some private schools is very tasking and not rewarding at all.
You sound so sincere. Please kindly DM me. We can start from there.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by OKUCHI11(m): 6:12am On Jul 24, 2023
If you tell dem to increase salary...the school owners go dey look you--- like say na you be the bad-belle

Dem go dey pack work give person like sardines... Sardines wey dem no fit chop...

1 Like

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by wiseone28: 6:44am On Jul 24, 2023
Omo i feel you guys
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by ojotobiloba1: 6:58am On Jul 24, 2023
Infact, things have been very difficult to say the least
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by DKM123: 7:15am On Jul 24, 2023
That's why it's shocking to see those in lowly paid jobs voting based on sentiments and tribalism. Will sentiment and tribalism put food on your table? Instead of choosing a leader you believe has empathy and a conscientious heart, you chose to vote someone who is openly arrogant and raises his nose at people below him plus is not known to allow the poor breathe.... Smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by Uyi168: 7:24am On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
depends on the salary.
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by DesChyko: 7:40am On Jul 24, 2023
The truth is, it will never be enough, no matter what you earn. When you earn higher, you begin to target the next level and suddenly, it's never enough.

It's popular knowledge how some 'proprietors' tend to be disconnected from staff realities. That's why proprietors are not the official head of schools as their business sense tends to interfere with what should be in a professional setting. As a management staff too, when teachers complain to me, I basically tell them to try getting a new place first (that is known to be better than the old offer), then use that as motivation to strike a new bargain at the old place if you feel it's more advantageous. But be ready to walk away if it doesn't pan out.

1 Like

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by Galaxyss(m): 8:03am On Jul 24, 2023
It's getting really hard to survive in Nigeria. Now that school are on break, the owner won't even care to pay. Only those that are able to organize home lesson would manage till resumption.
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by armodilo(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2023
Where I work, our management now pays salaries for every month in the year. No increments tho, but at least it's better than nothing. smiley
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by labake1(f): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2023
Don't give up, the best will happen buddies
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by Jozilinn: 10:13am On Jul 24, 2023
Minjim:
I can relate as well nobody cares about your health and no matter anything the parents don't even care about anything, they only come to complain but never listen to you about their kids. And the proprietors they never listen to you when this parents come to complain rather they embarrass and threaten the teachers like they are doing you a favor, they also look for ways to remove money from even the 20k you receive.

1 Like

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by JobAndVacancies: 10:23am On Jul 24, 2023
Minjim:
if I check your phone now I sure say fairmoney and palmcredit dey am grin
Honestly it's not easy. As soon as meagre salary comes you'll exhaust it.
Imagine this useless woman having the guts to tell me she'll pay me 15k as a classroom teacher
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by JobAndVacancies: 10:24am On Jul 24, 2023
NwaliE01:

need a job too as well bro
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by RepoMan007: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
for every effect there is a cause. Why are the salary earners having it roughest this time?

The answer to that question is broad and holds the key to a huge societal mistake plaguing us.
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by Minjim: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2023
NwaliE01:

I'm on it
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by yellowgarri2(m): 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
I'm now a beggar due to the meagre salary. No salary till school resumes. Please I need a job
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by elyte89: 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
Is dere no body dt looks after d welfare of d private school teachers….it’s hightime we av one,if none exist

One of d thing d body needs to do is to look at d meager salary ,cos ever since I av known about private school teaching job, an average private school salary offer is always in d range of 18-25k ….dt salary is too poor abeg .maybe d govt shld enact a law dt will force all private schools employer not to give any teacher a salary below 45k(hoping Dey increase d minimum wage too)
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by BrutusOj(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2023
elyte89:
Is dere no body dt looks after d welfare of d private school teachers….it’s hightime we av one,if none exist

One of d thing d body needs to do is to look at d meager salary ,cos ever since I av known about private school teaching job, an average private school salary offer is always in d range of 18-25k ….dt salary is too poor abeg .maybe d govt shld enact a law dt will force all private schools employer not to give any teacher a salary below 45k(hoping Dey increase d minimum wage too)
The bolded is for only mushroom private schools in the outskirts of big cities and small cities. There are teachers who earn far more than most government agencies staff, bankers and co. Google Aduvie, Springhall and other top schools in Abuja, Lagos and PH. If you see their teachers, you won't know they are teachers. If you must teach, upgrade your skills to 21st century teaching standard, re-arrange your CV and apply for big schools teaching jobs and prove what you are made of during interview and see if you won't be earning 7 digits as salary.

1 Like

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by santali23: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kindly Dm for guidance through the maze of research, coursework, assignments, and dissertations with expert assistance tailored to your success. WhatsApp: ‪+234 915 525 8740‬
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by kingthreat(m): 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2023
DKM123:
That's why it's shocking to see those in lowly paid jobs voting based on sentiments and tribalism. Will sentiment and tribalism put food on your table? Instead of choosing a leader you believe has empathy and a conscientious heart, you chose to vote someone who is openly arrogant and raises his nose at people below him plus is not known to allow the poor breathe....

You Obi supporters will wail and wail. If your clown was president, would he have done anything any better or different? Didn't he say he will also remove fuel subsidy immediately if his political fantasy actualized? Here we are talking about how teachers are coping but your unstability had to get the better of you that you blame citizens votes for their predicament. If you like bring blame people for not voting Obi in the next job discussion, Obi will still not be your president.
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by wentroublecomes: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
Even we that aren't private school teachers are crying
I study civil engineering HND, and ever since I graduated, no job, the job I'm doing now is 30k. Right now I'm having a debt of 42k, life don tire me already and I'm even in my 30s.
Just feel like committing suicide I swear to God
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by DKM123: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
kingthreat:

You Obi supporters will wail and wail. If your clown was president, would he have done anything any better or different? Didn't he say he will also remove fuel subsidy immediately if his political fantasy actualized? Here we are talking about how teachers are coping but your unstability had to get the better of you that you blame citizens votes for their predicament. If you like bring blame people for not voting Obi in the next job discussion, Obi will still not be your president.

LMAO! Is it your conscience that is k!lling you or you are super frustrated at using your own hands to dig your own m1serable gr@ve that you are now using all this defense mechanisms to type incoherent jargons?! Hahahaha!

You must really be mentally tortured if not, how do you have so much angst even though it's your Lord and personal saviour that won. cheesy He said I am wa!ling yet he is the one there in Nigeria buying things @ 300percent increase in price despite his meagre salary not having any real value. LNGKMD

So you believe that someone with a conscience wouldn't put measures and strategies in place before throwing the poor people under the bus instead of merely trying to share 8k to 12million humans and then share 70billion to about 400 extremely wealthy people.
You are indeed a delus1onal piece of sheet suffering from severe Stockholm syndrome not to be able to see beyond your nose whilst defending your sl@ve master. Ode!

2 Likes

Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by kingthreat(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2023
DKM123:

LMAO! Is it your conscience that is k!lling you or you are super frustrated at using your own hands to dig your own m1serable gr@ve that you are now using all this defense mechanisms to type incoherent jargons?! Hahahaha!

You must really be mentally tortured if not, how do you have so much angst even though it's your Lord and personal saviour that won. cheesy He said I am wa!ling yet he is the one there in Nigeria buying things @ 300percent increase in price despite his meagre salary not having any real value. LNGKMD

So you believe that someone with a conscience wouldn't put measures and strategies in place before throwing the poor people under the bus instead of merely trying to share 8k to 12million humans and then share 70billion to about 400 extremely wealthy people.
You are indeed a delus1onal piece of sheet suffering from severe Stockholm syndrome not to be able to see beyond your nose whilst defending your sl@ve master. Ode!

Bla bla bla. Just know one thing, Obi will never be president of Nigeria. And if it hurts you too much, you can choke on the scrotum of your fellow IPOB members for all I care.
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by DKM123: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
kingthreat:

Bla bla bla. Just know one thing, Obi will never be president of Nigeria. And if it hurts you too much, you can choke on the scrotum of your fellow IPOB members for all I care.

Isn't this the height of stewpidity?! grin If you didn't care, you wouldn't bring your phoolish self to start crying over my comment like the natter!ng n!twit that you are....

So anyone that doesn't serve your sl@ve master is an IPOB. We know those whose brains have become frozen out of h@te for an entire tribe. Tribalistic m0ron!

Your kids will marry from those beautiful Igbo people especially your daughter who will give you Igbo grandkids with Igbo names Hahahaha That's one way God can pun!sh you and your kinds to perpetual agony. cheesy
Re: I Pity The Private School Teachers by Bakrabas: 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2023
Orente21:
Its only by the grace of God. Some parents are generous to us.

Shout-out to my Orente ooo Orente ooo Orente ooo

May the Lord ease our affairs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony / Nigerian Army Officer Emerges Best Law Student In London / Waec Grading.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.