Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader (16015 Views)

Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / Any Pastor Who Can’t Control His Libido Shouldn’t Go Near Pulpit — Yakubu Pam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by chimjoshjuan: 4:50am On Apr 21, 2019
Rev. Chidi Okoroafor who is the head of the Assemblies of God Church, Nigeria, has threatened to query any pastor who hosts comedian in church.The General Superintendent of the church who spoke in an interview with Everest Amaefule, addressed issues ranging from the crises in the church to the killings in different parts of the country.

Okoroafor, the head of the Assemblies of God Church, Nigeria who also threatened to query any Pastor who hosts any comedians in the church, added;

It is lack of the presence of God that people now make up with comedians. How can I bring the ‘Night of One Thousands Laughs’ to the church? I am vehemently against that. If I see somebody do that in Assemblies of God, I will give him query. Why would you bring entertainers? It is lack of the presence of God. When you have sufficient presence of God, why would you go for those make-ups? The church is not an entertainment centre. It is a place where you go to worship God. Some people have derailed. So, if you don’t have entertainers, you will not come to my church again? Then, you are not a worshiper. Good worship and good songs are enough to inspire you. I vehemently condemn that and this is the position of the Assemblies of God, Nigeria.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/21/ill-query-any-pastor-who-hosts-comedian-in-church-okoroafor-assemblies-of-god-head/

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Fadomero(m): 5:40am On Apr 21, 2019
comedians are too raw to display their stupidity in church infact both na scam

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 21, 2019
embarassed embarassed nawa ooo animal kingdom pastors everywhere

1 Like

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by LordIsaac(m): 6:03am On Apr 21, 2019
It is wrong.... You can't find such in the Acts of Apostles nor in Christ's earthly ministry.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Oluromantic: 6:19am On Apr 21, 2019
But if a comedian donates a mighty offering to the church nko? Shd it be accepted or rejected..I don't understand.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Joshmodest(m): 6:24am On Apr 21, 2019
Is this not Assemblies of God I know very well , they probably can't invite comedians to the church , but many of the pastors they invite , to the church to raise funds for them are pure comedians , imagine a pastor saying God told him 20 people are going to come out and give a sum of 100k, b4 Friday same week....God now gives deadline!! the man speaking would obviously not see that one instead he will invite the man to the camp as well , for having good fund raising techniques.....
The camp they use at Ebonyi , was given to them by a thief, a corrupt man who hijacked people's land and money in person of Sam egwu , the former governor of Ebonyi ....when would he speak about churches accepting money from greedy , and corrupt politicians...
Let everyone mind his / her business , a popular saying goes " He who seeks equity. must come with clean hands ".....

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by OpenYourEyes1: 6:57am On Apr 21, 2019
Depends on the kind of comedians. Commercial and secular comedians are pure abomination to the house of GOD.

They are extremely immoral and disgraceful.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by AbikeDabiri: 7:04am On Apr 21, 2019
Oga, in case u don't know say, "most" churches are business centre... Bringing in comedians its a way to attract pple (not laties any longer).
One even said "KISS" is Biblical as long as its not given in lust... Which the Bible even termed "HOLY KISS"...
undecided e go hard Maje Christ meet Faith for Nigeria here in His second coming.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Chinashopping84: 7:09am On Apr 21, 2019
I personally don't have any issue with that...It should be regulated,not condemned
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 7:10am On Apr 21, 2019
What if the comedian jokingly donates some cash to the church ?.. Will the cash be rejected and the particular Pastor it was donated to suspended?...Smh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Loveworld12: 7:11am On Apr 21, 2019
I love what he said, we don't entertain people but we build, grow and send believers by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by hopefulLandlord: 7:11am On Apr 21, 2019
christianity itself is a comedy on its own with funny things like talking snakes , talking donkeys, a piece of fruit conferring knowledge, witches, magic tricks called miracles, demons cause disease, zombies get up out of their graves and walk around Jerusalem, ghost stories, creator of the universe coming down to be killed by three nails etc.

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Sunsets: 7:12am On Apr 21, 2019
I knew it! This purist will try to purge Assemblies of some of these faddish culture in the church. I remember his then tape message which was like a bestseller those days - End Time. One line I can still remember was, "When the church is being wordy and the world churchy..."
chimjoshjuan:
Rev. Chidi Okoroafor who is the head of the Assemblies of God Church, Nigeria, has threatened to query any pastor who hosts comedian in church.The General Superintendent of the church who spoke in an interview with Everest Amaefule, addressed issues ranging from the crises in the church to the killings in different parts of the country.

Okoroafor, the head of the Assemblies of God Church, Nigeria who also threatened to query any Pastor who hosts any comedians in the church, added;

It is lack of the presence of God that people now make up with comedians. How can I bring the ‘Night of One Thousands Laughs’ to the church? I am vehemently against that. If I see somebody do that in Assemblies of God, I will give him query. Why would you bring entertainers? It is lack of the presence of God. When you have sufficient presence of God, why would you go for those make-ups? The church is not an entertainment centre. It is a place where you go to worship God. Some people have derailed. So, if you don’t have entertainers, you will not come to my church again? Then, you are not a worshiper. Good worship and good songs are enough to inspire you. I vehemently condemn that and this is the position of the Assemblies of God, Nigeria.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/21/ill-query-any-pastor-who-hosts-comedian-in-church-okoroafor-assemblies-of-god-head/

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by superlanny(m): 7:12am On Apr 21, 2019
Baba calm down, all na still entertainment industry, don't you dance and sing in your church.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by efixxxy: 7:13am On Apr 21, 2019
Yes I agree with him on that, how can someone be standing on the alter of God and lying. I don't like it either.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:14am On Apr 21, 2019
Joshmodest:
Is this not Assemblies not God I know very well , they probably can't invite comedians to the church , but many of the pastors they invite , to the church to raise funds for them are pure comedians , imagine a pastor saying God told him 20 people are going to come out and give a sum of 100k, b4 Friday same week....God now gives deadline!! the man speaking would obviously not see that one instead he will invite the man to the camp as well , for having good fund raising techniques.....
The camp they use at Ebonyi , was given to them by a thief, a corrupt man who hijacked people's land and money in person of Sam egwu , the former governor of Ebonyi ....when would he speak about churches accepting money from greedy , and corrupt politicians...
Let everyone mind his / her business , a popular saying goes " He who seeks equity. must come with clean hands ".....

Hmmmm
Is it not this same assembly church that the leaders had serious issues which even led to court litigations concerning who would become G.O??

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by dhardline(m): 7:14am On Apr 21, 2019
The church is not a house of entertainment or a den of thives.

Don't bring business to church,focus on the gospel. If you realise

that you don't have a sermon then go to God in prayer and check

your Christian life properly. Too many false prophets these days.

The picture below gives examples of what empty men who

claim to be men of God do to keep the members excited.
Flee from such.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by sukerefakere(m): 7:15am On Apr 21, 2019
efixxxy:
Yes I agree with him on that, how can someone be standing on the alter of God and lying. I don't like it either.
embarassed
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Joshmodest(m): 7:17am On Apr 21, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Hmmmm
Is it not this same assembly church that the leaders had serious issues which even led to court litigations concerning who would become G.O??

Sabi man ...they literally insulted themselves like kids on the newspaper and every possible platform over leadership tussle !!!
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by IMASTEX: 7:18am On Apr 21, 2019
Cool
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by jconsulting(f): 7:18am On Apr 21, 2019
Some pastors seems to know bible more than Paul, when we get to heaven we will know the truth
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by BuyACar(f): 7:19am On Apr 21, 2019
That's cool.

Make a call & texting, is that the only usefulness your phone serves.

Learn how to turn your phone into a laptop.

https://www.seonigeria.com/a/UCH001/GEL

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by IMASTEX: 7:19am On Apr 21, 2019
Fadomero:
comedians are too raw to display their stupidity in church infact both na scam
Birds of same feathers. . .!
It is because God doesn't reside in buildings anymore. The church is you & I believing in Christ not those structures used to deceive the gullible with the aims to control & make profits. Can they trail such during the days of temples?!
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by thesicilian: 7:20am On Apr 21, 2019
Joshmodest:
Is this not Assemblies not God I know very well , they probably can't invite comedians to the church , but many of the pastors they invite , to the church to raise funds for them are pure comedians , imagine a pastor saying God told him 20 people are going to come out and give a sum of 100k, b4 Friday same week....God now gives deadline!! the man speaking would obviously not see that one instead he will invite the man to the camp as well , for having good fund raising techniques.....
Selah.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 21, 2019
BlaqTesla:
embarassed embarassed nawa ooo animal kingdom pastors everywhere
Christianity illiterate

1 Like

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Bet9ja4444414: 7:21am On Apr 21, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]See below
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by 8stargeneral: 7:21am On Apr 21, 2019
True talk man of God,church is not a place of showbiz tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Open Heavens Devotional / Pastor E.A Adeboye's 2020 Prophecy (video) / Where Are All The Real Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.