Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

IGBO LANDING: The True Igbo Spirit In America - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / IGBO LANDING: The True Igbo Spirit In America (691 Views)

Igbo Landing 1800AD / We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IGBO LANDING: The True Igbo Spirit In America by Frankdoz29: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2019
IGBO LANDING - THE TRUE IGBO SPIRIT.
It is exactly 216 years ago today when these brave ancestors of ours chose the path of death rather than accept slavery in a foreign land!

In Georgia USA 1803, all the Igbo slaves that was taken from the shores of Omambala on a slave ship through the north Atlantic, having realized what purpose they were forcefully taken from their ancestral land decided to take their destinies into their hands, they seized the ship and forced it to duck in St.Simon's Island GA, in USA. After a sever fight with the slave masters, still on chains, they alighted from the ship and proceeded into the sea, and marched into the dept of the waves until they were all drowned in the sea.

As they marched, they kept singing in Igbo dialect in unism~~~ "Orimiri Omabala k'anyi siri bia, Orimiri k'anyi g'esi naa" meaning: "We were brought here through the sea, we will go back home through the same"! this they continue to sing until they were all drowned in the dept of the sea!

That's the Igbo spirit, a never say die spirit!
We never accept to settle for the less, we resists operation, suppression and persecution. We are free moral agents, we are Republicans in nature and we love freedom.

In my next life, I shall remain Igbo
#Proud_To_Be_IgboBorn!

1 Like

Re: IGBO LANDING: The True Igbo Spirit In America by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
I believe the.Igbos were stampeded into the sea by callous slave traders. But even at the point of death they spoke truth to power.

Igbo Landing was the first civil rights protest in what is now known as the United States.

(1) (Reply)

Idah – A Bini Artist / People Demonise Me Because I’m A Traditionalist / Imeko In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.