Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

The Vampire - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Vampire (1889 Views)

The Vampire Struck Chapter 1 / The Vamp, a vampire story / Names Of Any Vampire, Werewolf And Witches Story You Have Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hi, my name is Uche Friday and after my best friend went missing my whole life turned around and now I'm a vampire with the sole aim of finding out who killed Poopola. Come see my life through my eyes as I navigate through bullying, depression and suicide.
Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
***Still editing so i apologize concerning any grammatical errors***

Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
HIGH SCHOOL

"Despite all the research been carried concerning the human brain there is still so much that is unknown and..." Mrs Kathy kept on explaining how the brain is still a mystery to scientists and biologists alike.

I love Mrs Kathy and Biology but sometimes she teaches like we are in the University and not in secondary school which is really frustrating and unbearable and not to mention the truckload of assignments we get after every class.

"Can I get a pen?" Poopola whispered after poking me to get my attention

"No!" I replied trying to maintain a straight face

"Why?" he whined

"Well, you asked and I reserve the right to deny your request"I said with a little smirk

"Come on! be serious, I'm not playing" he whined further

"This is 45 minutes into the class and now you remember to write?" I asked, stunned that Poopola had not been writing since the beginning of the class.

"Nah! Vicky just sent me something and I wanna reply her" he said smiling sheepishly

"Mr Friday and Mrs James! Having your own class I see" Mrs Kathy scowled at us

Yep! that's me, My name is Uche Friday and Mrs James is actually my male best friend Poopola James but that fact always seems to fly over Mrs Kathy head since she always refers to Poopola as Mrs like some joke only she herself laughs at.

We recently just graduated from JSS 3 to SS1 and its been kicking our butt ever since, senior secondary school ain't as simple as our previous junior classes but it does have its perks; we get to wear long sleeved shirts and trousers instead of shorts and the juniors now call us "Senior" instead of our names. So yeah! That's an upgrade in the reps department.

"No mam" I replied without stuttering since the whole class had now turned their attention towards us.

"This is your last warning, young men" Mrs Kathy trying to sound scary but her size makes it kind of funny and hard to take her seriously.

"I just love break time" Poopola yelled after the bell rang signaling break had begun

"Poopola!" a girly voiced yelled from behind us

"Vicky girl!" Poopola yelled back at her which prompted snickers among some close by students

Poopola and Vicky had this weird but really nice relationship which I envied, Vicky liked Poopola unconditionally like he was her long lost twin or something and he also like her equally. There is not a day that goes by without me hearing stuff like "Vicky this..." or "Vicky is the most beautiful of them all..." blah blah

"I didn't get a reply from you, oh hey you" she said and waved at me realizing my presence

"I couldn't not after Mrs Kathy had warned us" he explained

"Yeah, that guy is always putting you in trouble" she said with venom in her voice and I'm guessing that shes talking about is me. I don't really like Vicky and she also returns the favour

"Actually it was your horrendous voice that-" Poopola hit me so hard with his elbow I thought I was gonna throw up.

"Don't mind him, he's not feeling himself today and I'm guessing its malaria" Poopola offered while chuckling and Vicky giggled along side like he was a stand-up comedian and had said a million dollar joke.

"You're gonna pay for that" I croaked still clutching my stomach

"Anyway, did you read what I wrote to you" Vicky asked smiling like she had won a contract

"of course I did and yeah id love to be your boyfriend" he said grinning like she had just offered him the fountain of youth

"Oh my God! Im so happy" she hugged and ran way, no like literally she ran away

"I love her so much" he commented

"You're 15! You don't really know what love is" I said shaking my head

"And you do?" he asked with a raised voice

"Nope but I know you guys are just infatuated with each other and not really in love with each other" I said

"So what are we gonna get today?" Poopola questioned as we headed for the school cafeteria and not arguing with what I had said earlier

"im thinking okpa" I suggested

"Hell no! The beans in that upsets my stomach" he argued

"Its not really beans you know, its a seed under cowpea or something like that" I said calmly

"Don;t care! Beans, cowpea; they're all the same thing" he said

"Okay lets just get doughnuts and a bottle of zobo" I suggested

"Now you're talking!" he grinned like a fool

The zobo was so chilled and refreshing I drank it in one gulp before I even ate the doughnuts which prompted Poopola giving me a weird stare like I had

"What! The weather is very hot today" I said smiling

"I've noticed you do that all the time and you always prefer drinks to food" he said

"Well its good to stay hydrated" I said looking at the empty bottle of zobo which I had squeezed the life out of.

We headed back to class and after four more subjects, they bell was rung for dismissal and we packed our bags and headed for the school bus already parked outside the classroom waiting to convey students to their various homes.

2 Likes

Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
It's Coming

Chapter Two

I dropped my bag on the couch and headed to straight to the fridge to get a bottle of water to quench my thirst.

"So how was school?" my dad's voice asked from behind me and I panicked and almost dropped the bottle

"You scared me!" I shouted

"Sorry about that, thought you knew I was at home" he said and now I realized the front door was already opened when I entered and I hadn't unlocked it myself.

"Yeah I forgot" I said closing the refrigerator

My dad is an engineer at a construction company but they layed him off for almost a month now and he usually spent his time here at home, fixing and cleaning everything up since my worked at the Ministry of Finance as the Director so we had nothing to really worry about when it comes to money.

"I heard they've not found Mathew up till now" my Dad said, Mathew is a junior that attends our school but has been missing for almost a week now and his parents were going bonkers. The police had even showed up at our doorsteps and questioned us concerning Mathew and his whereabouts.

"Yeah, nobody has seen him yet in school and I heard its not just Mathew some other kids from other schools were also reported to have gone missing" I said recalling Poopola had said something about four kids who had also gone missing.

"You gotta be careful and make sure you always take the bus" my dad warned and I nodded my head in response.

"There is some bread left on the kitchen counter" my dad offered

"Thanks but I'm not really hungry right now, I think I'm gonna go take a nap" I said and headed to my room which was real massive since I was the only child and my parents had purchased a two bedroom bungalow and trust there were a lot of space. As I entered and passed the mirror, I stopped to take a brief look at myself and sure I was still on the short side at about 5'5 or something which was pretty short for a guy even though Dad told me it was okay for my age but Poopola was a little taller than me and we were the same age!

My eyes felt heavy after I changed my school uniform and wore some loose clothing...

I woke up to screaming and yelling, my parents were always quarreling these days especially when my mom returned from work. Picking my phone from my desk to check the time despite a wall clock been hung on the wall. 3:00 AM in the morning and they were going at it like cat and rat. They always fought and it irked me a lot, but I couldn't really do anything I just tried to avoid the scene entirely and not involve myself. I haven't told anyone about the fighting and yelling including Poopola, I just pretended like everything was alright and smiled. Its not like I really had anything to say, school was just as bad as home but I made sure I hid everything and kept a brave face like nothing ever affected me.

I didn't realize I had dozed off until my alarm came blaring into my hears and I hurriedly got into my bathroom to take a shower and get ready for school.

The bus drive was so cold due to the early morning dew and the speed of the bus made the air chilly, it made a stop at Poopola's house and we had to wait for almost 84 years before my friend made his grand entry into the vehicle.

We drove directly into Luther's Secondary School and we all alighted from the vehicle but that dumb ass tried to trip me but luckily I didn't fall flat on my face this time.

"Hey! Martins whats your problem?" Poopola yelled as Martins laughed like he had accomplished a major feat

"Wanna fight me James?" Martins retorted

"Leave them alone" I told Poopola

"No! Martins and his goons always come for you and you do nothing about it" Poopola argued angrily. Poopola had always hated to see me get bullied by Martins and his crew

"Its fine Poopola lets just get to class, its almost first side" I said already fleeing the scene and heading to our class.

Poopola huffed loudly and followed suit as I made it into the class and dropped my backpack onto my desk with a thud.

"Turn to page 12 everyone" Mr John our math teacher ordered

I pulled out my math textbook and flipped through the pages as went through some exercises, I hated geometry with passion like what are we gonna use triangles and octagons to do in real life but I had to suck it up since I had to pass math to go further and be eligible to graduate.

"And we thought quadratic equations were difficult" Poopola whispered to me

"Tell me about it!" I agreed

"So mark down question 1-10 in the textbook, those are your assignment to be submitted first thing tomorrow morning" Mr John told the class.

Taking a glance at the questions, they looked nothing like the examples he had solved earlier on the board, these were extraterrestrial and totally different from the examples given earlier. I really hated math, guess ill just have to copy from Gregory first thing tomorrow morning.

"Are you gonna have them done this night cause I could come over" Poopola asked

"Or we could just copy Gregory's work since he is so good at this stuff and you could come to my house to play video games" I suggested and Poopola grinned so hard I thought he was the Joker.

1 Like

Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
*This chapter has not been fully edited , so i apologize for any grammatical errors...*
SHADOW

Poopola followed me back home and we went straight my room after he greeted who was sprawled on the couch.

"Whats up with your dad?" Poopola asked?

"what do you mean?" I asked not understanding the question

"He didn't go to work or something?" Poopola asked out of curiosity

"Yeah, they got layed off or something in the construction which he worked" I tried explaining to him which prompted him to nod his head.

"So your mum is at work?" he asked again

"Can we just get back to the game we proposed to play" I said, getting pissed off about the incessant questions.

"Why? You never really tell me anything about your family and I'm just curious" he shrugged

"Everything is fine, so whats really there to tell and besides you see my Mum all the time on TV" I said in a conflicted voice. I don't know why Poopola was asking all these questions.

"Lets play GTA" Poopola said, picking up the game disc and inserting it onto the PS2 player which prompted me to picking up the game controller and handing the second pad to Poopola.

We played for hours and later got tired of playing since it was mostly a single player game so after a while I just kept on flying in the city.

"Let me get going, I think its getting dark and I don't want my mom to be worried" Poopola said standing up from the bed and picking up his bag

"You know you can stay over if you want to" I suggested knowing his mother would not object to the idea of Poopola staying over.

"Yeah, I would love to but didn't really inform her I was here so I better get my ass back home" he chuckled as he began to work out the door and I could hear him greeting my Dad as he left the front door.

I was so tired but still managed to clear up my room and took a brief shower before lying on my bed and reading an old comic book which I must have read a thousand time.

I don't know exactly when I dozed off but I could hear shouting from my Parents room and it kept getting louder as my mum screamed angrily at my Dad, they never argued this much when Dad was still working.

I know many kids tend to prefer their mothers over their Dad but the reverse was my case, I've always preferred my Dad over my mom, I don't think my mom and I have ever connected and sat down to talk about anything at all. I don't even see her, so that concludes everything about that, but my Dad always found an opportunity to talk to me or ask me about my day even when he was still working.

He was my favourite but hes always sad like there is always something troubling him, I guess we share the same characteristics.

"Wake up!" I quickly jumped out of my seat like my pants had caught on fire

"Uche, are you alright?" Mr. Harry our Chemistry asked

They were faint whispering and snickering, after the little scene I had caused

"I'm fine" I said, taking back my seat

"I'm sorry but I had to wake you up, you kept dozing off and I was afraid Mr. Harry might catch you" Poopola apologized as I opened my notebook to jot something down from the board

"What happened after I left? Tried crushing my high score or something?" Poopola chuckled

"No, I'm just tired I guess" I couldn't sleep well through the night since my parents continued with their arguments and my stomach ached for food, I can't wait for break time.

"This is actually freezing cold" Poopola complained as he tried drinking the almost frozen zobo drink

"Yeah, they didn't take power all through the night so that's why everything is so cold today" I explained since I was awake most of the nights.

"Poopola!" that annoying voice yelled from behind us, great just what I wanted today.

"Vicky my wife" Poopola called back giggling like he had won a contract

"Oh hey Friday" she greeted with a smirk etched on her face

I don't know her problem with to be exact, I guess we were like water and petrol and couldn't exactly mix so we stuck with the snarky remarks and side eyes.

"Hey Freaky" I replied smiling inwardly

"What did you call me?" she asked angrily

"Oh... nothing!" I said as innocently as possible

"Don't mind him" Poopola chuckled trying to calm the tension that was currently rising faster then the temperatures in the middle East.

Vicky quickly dragged Poopola away from me and they headed towards the school field but that was before a shadow followed him so fast, it was barely visible but I saw it. I tried looking for the strange shadow I saw but there was nothing... its like it just disappeared into thin air or I'm just seeing stuff since I was sleep deprived but that shadow looked so real and it sped past me like a person running with full speed but there was no way that was possible cause if it was a person I would have definitely seen him or her.

1 Like

Re: The Vampire by DivineSpecial(f): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
am following just love yah story please continue

1 Like

Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2019
DivineSpecial:
I definitely will

1 Like

Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 2:58am On May 07, 2019
DivineSpecial:
Chapter four
Mother

Things are really getting out of hand, there had been this presence I feel anytime im walking and it seems to hover around me but when I look behind me there is noone there and Im beginning to think I'm slowly losing my mind. I have to tell my Dad about this before I actually go crazy.

“Hey! Back to earth” Popoola shook me hard to get my attention

“Yeah, sorry just thinking” I said a bit fazed
“Class! Um… Shola and Temi have been reported missing, so please if you know anything about their whereabouts please do speak up either to me or the Principal” she made the shocking announcement
This the fifth time people have been reported missing and this would make three from our own school.
“Now lets get back to today’s business” Mrs. Kathy sighed
This was getting serious, already within a month five people have gone missing and the police are not really saying anything about it.
“I'm sure you’ve heard of HIV/AIDS almost on a daily basis but it is to be noted that the virus main target is the human immune system, the virus launches series of attack on the white blood cells which helps to fight bodily diseases and infections and after a series of attacks over the years the body will not be able to fend for itself. A virus is special and completely different from other organisms due to its ability to exist as inanimate…” Mrs kept going about the structure and protein blah blah of the HIV virus.

“Bored already?” Vicky asked me as she leaned towards the edge of the desk in which I sat

“Please don’t talk to me” I said harshly, Popoola was absent from today’s lecture due to him catching a cold
“Ahh… Just cause your my boyfriend is not around don’t give you the right to speak to me anyhow” Vicky deadpanned, her face was so serious but that didn’t faze me one bit. She just pretends like she's strong but in reality shes just an annoying insect.
“Why are you even here?” I was annoyed she had left her assigned seat and had to come to my desk and further disturb me.
“Just here to keep you company and see how you're doing” she said clearly but her words sounded strange like an an Alien had invaded her body and she was uttering this gibberish.
“That's not strange at all” I said sarcastically with a convincing smile “
Listen Uche, we don’t have to fight all the time I know you're a cool guy but sometimes you just get on my nerves that is all” she said but I couldn’t decipher if this was some sort of prank she had planned.
“Thanks… I guess” I shrugged it off, girls are really confusing and strange.
“Uche finally talking to a girl, I guess miracles do happen” Martin obnoxious voice spoke loudly like he was trying to crack a joke and his dumb groupies still laughed.
“At least I don’t smell like ammonia” I retorted which caused the whole class to burst into laughter
“What did you say to me loony?” Martin was glaring at me like a lion would look at its prey
“Did I stutter” I replied him and that single comment cause Vicky to burst in a fit of giggles.
“Prepare to die Friday” Martin threatened I just wish his words really had an effect on me, I mean sometimes I could feel the pain in the words him and his friends used to tease me but I guess I sort of developed an immunity against them.
“Go sit down if you have nothing better to say Martin” Vicky defended me, she really said that to Martin’s face. This is the first time anyone except from Poopola had ever defended from Martin’s onslaught. After Vicky’s comment Martin actually backed down and kept his mouth shut.

“I told you I never wanted a child-” I picked those exacts words from my mom from the intense argument she and my Dad were currently having. The tears were beginning to well up in my eyes and I could already feel them burning up my eyes like hot pools. I leaned towards my bedroom wall which was what separated their room from mine.
“How can you say that? Uche is the best thing that have ever happened to me.. to us-” My sounded so angry “That’s cause you don’t have a job you care about” she retorted angrily “What’s that supposed mean!” he replied her
“I have always loved my job and you know that, you coerced me into bearing you a child which I've regretted to this day” she said angrily
At this moment I couldn’t keep on listening to them, I just layed there on my bed with tears streaming down my face like erupting volcanoes. I could still hear their murmurs but I dared not focus on their words. The fact my mom hated me so much that she regretted having me was the worst thing I have ever heard in my life.

2 Likes

Re: The Vampire by Tridroid(m): 8:24am On May 09, 2019
Super awesome story ✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌

1 Like

Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 8:32pm On May 23, 2019
I'm really busy with stuff and that's why I've not updated y'all
Re: The Vampire by Hardes(m): 10:37am On Jul 06, 2019
mikeycharles:
I'm really busy with stuff and that's why I've not updated y'all

1 Like

Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 11:20am On Jul 17, 2019
I can see the blood like a stream as it flowed down my neck, my vision continued to blur as the stranger bit harder on my neck sucking my life force away. It was had to comprehend where I was but it felt nothing like I've ever experienced, like this wasn't even my own body. And with that particular thought I opened my eyes, I layed in bed for a few minutes trying to recollect the horrific nightmare I just had.

"Uche! Are you still with us?" My physics asked with a look of concern on his face
"I'm fine Sir!" I said calming the tension that was already building up in the classroom.
People were beginning to think I was loosing mind due to my inability to focus in school all through today. First, my friend is still missing and second I'm still by my nightmare. It just doesn't make sense, I don't know what was going on and I needed a way out before I completely lose mind but one thing was certain; that wasn't my body been drained of blood back there in my dream.

Everything in school went sluggishly slow, it seems like time had slowed down and I was the only one thing existing.
The bell rang and I made my way to restroom to get a grip of my ailing mind.

"Hey!!!" Someone was yelling at me but it felt surreal like the voice was coming from far away.

"Huh" I stuttered as the yelling continued

"Last stop kid!" The bus driver said as I looked out the window of the vehicle.

"When- how- " I didn't know what exactly to say as I tried to understand how I got into the school bus but nothing came up.

I alighted from the vehicle and ran towards my house which was just a few blocks away, I guess the driver skipped past my house.

I'm beginning to loose the concept of time or at least my mind, I definitely can't remember getting into that bus and I had to go in and deal with my mom but I'm pretty she she's not at home and won't even care about me.

"Good afternoon Dad" I greeted him as I made my way up the stairs into my room.

"Afternoon Uche and how was school?" My dad asked in a hushed voice

"Fine" I yelled as a reply

I tried reaching Popoola on phone again but his number was still unreachable according to the female like operator voice.

"Come my child, come close let me see you" the voice called unto me, it sounded so familiar like I knew it from somewhere but I just couldn't place it exactly

"Who's there?" I asked unsure of my next approach.

"Your mother of course" the voice replied back.
That sounded nothing like my mother, I mean I know my mother's voice and it definitely wasn't that.

"You're not my mother" I said as my lips quivered

"But I am can't you remember my love" the voice was slowly transforming to that of a woman with every word said.

"I don't know who you are" I replied again.
I waited for a reply but nothing came forth and the next thing I know I opened my eyes and I was still lying on my bed with the clock ticking away.

This nightmares are getting worse by the day and I don't really have anybody to share them with can't really trust my mom to ask her something about her calling me in my dream or talk to my dad exactly, things keep getting weird and I have no idea what's going on.

I'm slowly losing it, glad it's the weekend and I'm not preparing to hurry to school or anything of that sort.

Walking down the stairs I get these series of flashes like vivid images which give me instant migraines and I could feel my body shaking and as I try to grasp unto the staircase I fail and fall all the way down and that's when everything goes completely pitch black.

"Are you alright" my dad asked as I open my eyes, my voice is so dry I'm unable to form any sentence and my dad seemed to have read my mind as he placed a cup of water close to my bed. Looking down at my legs I realize I'm in a hospital gown and this is not my room.

"What happened?" I asked after downing the whole glass of water.

"Umm, the doctor says it's a miracle that you are alive, I found on the floor it seemed like you slipped off the staircase which have led to you getting injured" he said looking at me with teary eyes.

"I'm fine right?" I asked unsure of he was hiding

" Yeah you're okay but I was wondering, I know things are really not well at home right now and I hope you didn't purposely jump off the stairs, did you?"
He asked looking at my face like I was piece of glass that was about to shatter.

"No! of course not, why would I do that"
I said unsure of hy he was asking if I had just commited suicide.

"Nothing, just that there was so much blood and-" he paused and sniffed his nose "the doctor said it's a miracle, that your neck is not broken, I know you've been moody and I just wanted to be sure that you were psychologically okay" he added.

"I'm fine dad" I assured him

"Okay, anyway we would be leaving soon. The doctor said most of the blood was probably from your nose and nothing seems out of place so you've been discharged and we are free to leave this place" he said as he packed my clothes that had already been placed in s transparent ziplock bag.

"Okay dad" I assured him

I was slowly losing my mind and may have almost crossed over to the other side. I need to figure what's going on starting from my parents.

1 Like

Re: The Vampire by Hardes(m): 9:18am On Jul 18, 2019
Nice work and thanks for the update mikeycharles

1 Like

Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 9:25am On Jul 18, 2019
Hardes:
Nice work and thanks for the update mikeycharles
thanks a lot, you don't know how much that means to me.
Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 9:25am On Jul 18, 2019
Truth

You know that feeling you get when you know something's wrong but you can't actually describe it, I just can't lay my finger on it but I can feel it.

My own mother hates me and my Dad really tries but I'm not even sure what's going on, their quarrels are getting more intense and shows no signs of stopping.

Popoola is still missing for over two weeks now and so are other students. I've grown timid and don't really talk to anybody in school, just sit in class and learn.

I got home and and as I stood on the porch I get these flashes like memories pouring in with lightening speed.
I opened the door, and my dad was on the couch.
"Dad I'm I adopted?" I asked quietly

"What! Who told you that?" he looked shocked that I had asked that but there was this fear in his eyes that confirmed the truth.

"I just- but I'm I really adopted" I asked already knowing the truth

"Uche, I'm your father and I don't know where you got the idea you were adopted" he sounded hurt and there was a glint in his eyes that told me he was trying to conceal the truth

"I just want to know the truth Dad, please just tell me" I begged him

"Come sit with me" he adjusted for me to join him on the couch "Uche I love you and I know you have not been happy these few days with the disappearance of your friend and everything but I can assure you that you are not adopted" he said with his eyes tearing up a bit

I left him in the sitting room and went to my room to change and work on my assignment.

I guessed I dozed off after finishing those quadratic equations but the voices coming from my parents room must have woken me up.

"He knows" my dad said
"Knows what?" I heard my mom ask
"About the adoption" he replied

I quickly got my phone to record what was been said

"I think it's better he knows, there is nothing wrong with him knowing, so did you talk to him about it" she asked

"No! Of course not! I denied it" he easier his voice as if the question alone was absurd.

They talked some more and later got into a heated argument about my dad laziness and her not wanting a child.

I stopped the recording there and played it to listen to what was said, I needed this as evidence to confront my Dad tomorrow. But during playback I heard nothing, it was like static playing and my phone didn't actually record their voices.
I recorded my voice and it played perfectly, I tried listening to my parents argument and they were as loud as ever but the phone recorder was picking up nothing.

I don't really understand what was wrong.

My dream was haunting again but this time I heard this calm voice calling into me like the wind whispering.
I could hear it chanting the word 'remember'.

I woke up in a very dark room, I couldn't make out anything and the place smelt so good like it was washed in perfume and not the cheap type.

"Uche you're awake" I heard the familiar voice. I squinted my eyes to see who said that I got the shocking of a lifetime.

I quickly jumped out of the bed and ran to hug him

"God! I thought you died or something" I said happily as held him tightly

"Yeah, missed you to Uche" Popoola said with a grin so wide I thought he was the Joker.

"How- where- my-". I couldn't form any sentence
"Everything would be explained in due time but first you need to meet the Prince" he smiled and dragged me towards the door of the room

"What are you talking about, what Prince?" I looked at him weirdly like he was not himself

"The Prince, he runs everything here and he personally asked me to find you" he said as we walked down a very large hallway.

"This place is huge, where are we again?" I asked my friend

"Your home my child" a voice spoke from stairs below
I walked down carefully from the round stair case that looked liked a never ending spiral.

"Who are you?" I asked confused

"You don't remember me Draka?" He looked hurt

"No I don't" I replied

As we I walked closer toward this man, I realized he had the most palest of skin I've ever seen, I know he wasn't white but his skin looked like it lacked melanin and he wore a suit with his hair cut really short and with his long but thin frame he looked like he was about to snap into two. He had this devilish grin on his face that made me reluctant to walk towards him and Popoola seemed to have disappeared as he was no longer by my side.

"Then allow me to properly introduce myself Draka, I am Von James" he said with a little bow.

"Who is Draka?" I asked

"Of course Popoola had informed me you go by Uche but by calling your real name I was hoping it would jog your memory a bit.

"Where is Popoola?" I asked

"He's fine but now let's discuss, do you know your heritage Draka?"

"What?" I asked

"Your lineage, your actual parents" he said further

"I don't even know you, why would I discuss that with you" I said angrily, for all I knew this could be some psycho

"But you do Draka, you just can't remember" he said and in that moment I get these series of flashes that shook my body so hard I drop to the floor

1 Like

Re: The Vampire by Hardes(m): 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hmm, Draka. who really is uche

1 Like

Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2019
I open my eyes and I'm back in the same room that smells like perfume but this time I can make out everything in the room like my eyes had grown accustomed to the dark.

"You're awake" I hear that sinister voice

"Who are you again?" I ask, can't really remember his name

"It's James, and Draka if I may?" He points towards my head.
I just nod and he placed his long fingers on my head as he massages it a bit

"Huh, seems something or someone is blocking your memories and that's why you probably can't remember anything" James analyzed

"I don't really know who you are or what's this place is but I need to get my friend and myself back home" I said angrily

"But you know this is your home, you belong in the darkness child and those things are not your parents" he said in a very serious tone.

"I don't believe a word you're saying" I was totally confused

"Draka, you are a direct descendant of Count Dracula, your bloodline runs pure to his majesty and he personally requested you be brought here" James said eyeing me for any reaction

"What?" I was totally lost here

"Still can't remember, anyway let me jog your memory a bit. Your father comes from an ancestral bloodline of one of the first Vampires but as an ignorant youth, he fell in love with girl from a family of vampire hunters and got her pregnant. After her family discovered what had transpired, they got rid of your father and your mother ran away. She died during childbirth but after years of search we've discovered you Draka" James explained

"I don't understand, so you're saying I'm a vampire?" I was bewildered

"Not exactly, you're part vampire and part vampire hunter which is human" he said like it was totally normal

"You're joking right, this must be one messed up dream or a prank" I chuckled dryly trying to wrap my mind around this whole thing

"Oh really?" He asked with a smirk on his face

And in that moment Popoola came into the room with fangs, like his canines were so long I thought he looked like a dog and they were dripping red liquid.

"You summoned, my Prince" he bowed

"Yes, your friend here doesn't believe vampires exist" James laughed and Popoola joined in

"Same with me Uche but after the Prince turned me and now I see the light and so would you" Popoola said grinning

"I don't know what you did to him but we are getting out of here and back home, Popoola let's go" I said grabbing my friend's hand and making my way towards the staircase.

After walking with Popoola by my side, we approached the ground floor and there were so many people here, some were students who were reported missing. I could see Mathew and the rest of our students from our school.

"Popoola what's going on here" I asked noticing they looked so calm and organized and as walked closer they seem to bow down their heads and give way for me.

"Blood recognizes blood" James answered

"But how-" he was upstairs, it was impossible for him to be down here except there was a hidden elevator or something.

"Walk with me Draka" it came more of a command than a request. "You see, Draka there is a war coming and his Highness has seen to it you fight alongside us and defeat the Helsings once and for all" James said with conviction

"I don't know what you're talking about and I'm pretty sure I can't kill a fly" I said noticing there was no way I could be a vampire

"Don't worry, that's why you're here. You're already a vampire although partly and due to your human nature it has been subdued all we need do is to wake it up and that's it" he said with a grin

"Wake it with what?" I asked

"Blood of course" James said with that sinister grin of his

"Now I know you are crazy, I don't know how you managed to kidnap everyone here for this freak show but I'm not gonna stick around for it" I said

"We are building an army and right now we have soldiers ready to fight in all over the 36 states and beyond its borders. In a matter of time this war would be over." James explained further

And the next I know I heard a thud and I fell to the cold floor like a heap of rice.

"How do you feel" I could hear the voice in the dark as I slowly opened my eyelids and found the darkness appealing to my eyes.

"Powerful, I feel I-" I couldn't express the energy I felt in my bones

"We fed you a little blood and from what I can see it's doing its job" James commented

"You what?" I raised my hands at him and he levitated off the ground like a ragdoll.
Realising I was able to raise a whole man up, I dropped my hands down and he fell to the floor with a light thump

"The power you possess, and that's just the beginning of it. We start your training immediately" James smiled but he had this rage in his eyes

"You said something about my memories, why can't I remember things" I asked

"You were little and his Lordship kept an eye over you but it seems someone did something to make you forget and had you given to a family we didn't know off until of recent and like I said blood recognizes blood" he said with a smirk "and Draka don't try that again" he jammed the door with a little bit of force but his hands never touched the beautifully carved mahogany wood.

So within these few days I've discovered my parents are not really my parents, my mind was manipulated and best of all I'm a vampire.
Re: The Vampire by Hardes(m): 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
I don't like James one bit
Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
Hardes:
I don't like James one bit
he's up to no good
Re: The Vampire by mikeycharles(m): 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
Most of my work are on wattpad and if you're into sci-fi check them out by searching for "mikey396" on wattpad

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed By Stephengee12 / How To Publish With Farafina Book Publishers / ....Under the Sun and in the Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.