Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 (2992 Views)

Nokia X7 Vs Samsung Galaxy M20 Or Samsung Galaxy A20 / Samsung Galaxy M10 & M20 Now Available In Nigeria / The Samsung Galaxy M20 For #55,621 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by adeniyisamuel59(m): 4:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
I am stuck between Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and Samsung galaxy M20, a candid advice please. Which one should I chose.
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:11am On Apr 22, 2019
note 7 processing power design camera miui(customization) dev supports
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by jom28gy(m): 1:45am On Apr 22, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
note 7 processing power design camera miui(customization) dev supports
what are you talking
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by lanre316: 2:01am On Apr 22, 2019
adeniyisamuel59:
I am stuck between Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and Samsung galaxy M20, a candid advice please. Which one should I chose.

Is M20 available in Nigeria? For how much?

1 Like

Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by sod09(m): 6:21am On Apr 22, 2019
lanre316:

Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by lanre316: 6:45am On Apr 22, 2019
sod09:

Is it available in Nigeria?
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by sod09(m): 7:28am On Apr 22, 2019
lanre316:

no
Shipped from Amazon, why not get A30 its same specifications

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:47am On Apr 22, 2019
lanre316:

Yes
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by sod09(m): 10:51am On Apr 22, 2019
adeniyisamuel59:
Yes
where in Nigeria
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by yak(m): 11:26am On Apr 22, 2019
Am still wondering y Samsung is producing so many lines at the same time especially among d budget phone bracket!!!

J, M, A, what are they trying to achieve?
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by jetz(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
Note 7 is worth your penny bro thank me lera
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by mu2sa2: 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
I think Samsung A30 is preferable - latest OS, 4gb ram, 64gb internal memory expandable to 512gb with dedicated memory slot, 4000mah battery. Goes for 73k.
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by danthamccoy(m): 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
mu2sa2:
I think Samsung A30 is preferable - latest OS, 4gb ram, 64gb internal memory expandable to 512gb with dedicated memory slot, 4000mah battery. Goes for 73k.
No it's not. Go read user reviews on gsmarena and other sites. It is a bad phone. There's a reason it has all those specs and yet is so cheap, for a Samsung.
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by mu2sa2: 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
danthamccoy:

No it's not. Go read user reviews on gsmarena and other sites. It is a bad phone. There's a reason it has all those specs and yet is so cheap, for a Samsung.
Reviews are sometimes misleading with people saying different things, for and against. Ultimately, you decide for yourself. I read the reviews on gsmarena. Using the phone, I can say all the cons posted about it are incorrect. It's super fast, doesn't lag and has excellent battery back up - what else does one look for in a phone? If the price is good, that's bonus.
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by danthamccoy(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
mu2sa2:
Reviews are sometimes misleading with people saying different things, for and against. Ultimately, you decide for yourself. I read the reviews on gsmarena. Using the phone, I can say all the cons posted about it are incorrect. It's super fast, doesn't lag and has excellent battery back up - what else does one look for in a phone? If the price is good, that's bonus.
I've learned from tough experience that ignoring reviews is at your peril. Of course there's a chance that one buys a unit which doesn't have the problems but what if it has them? Anyway I'm happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by DarkJeddi(m): 6:52pm On Apr 22, 2019
mu2sa2:
The only reason to buy the A30 over the Note 7 is the AMOLED screen,apart from that the Note 7 wipes the floor with it.. undecided

Samsung are not exactly the go to device if you want value for your money..
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by yak(m): 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
DarkJeddi:
The only reason to buy the A30 over the Note 7 is the AMOLED screen,apart from that the Note 7 wipes the floor with it.. undecided

Samsung are not exactly the go to device if you want value for your money..

Ur last sentence is only applicable to Samsung midrange

1 Like

Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by Rayd502(m): 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
mu2sa2:

Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by DarkJeddi(m): 9:20pm On Apr 23, 2019
yak:

Ur last sentence is only applicable to Samsung midrange
Their Flagships sells for $1000..

Whoever can afford a phone at that price,

Is no longer interested in value for money..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by mu2sa2: 9:42pm On Apr 23, 2019
Rayd502:

Yes.
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by sleekier(m): 10:46pm On Apr 24, 2019
I ve ordered for my A30 too, taking delivery dis weekend.
I ve a colleague using the phone, awesome camera, excellent display, juicy battery... The phone makes sense contrary to all doz Asian reviewers on gsmarena.

1 Like

Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by avicky(f): 12:30am On May 03, 2019
sleekier:
I ve ordered for my A30 too, taking delivery dis weekend.
I ve a colleague using the phone, awesome camera, excellent display, juicy battery... The phone makes sense contrary to all doz Asian reviewers on gsmarena.

Please do a review when you get it. Thanks.
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by Rayd502(m): 1:14am On May 03, 2019
Rayd502:

I have acquired the phone already and ve been using it for the past 5 days.The phone is sleek,with decent camera.

Selfie shots are awesome.What impresses me is the fast charging feature.It comes with a 15w type c charger that charges the device from low level to full battery under 1 hour and I m not exaggerating.

Another thing to love about the phone is the display.While you can't compare it to the amoled display you have in high end Samsung phones(I used a Note 4 previously).this one will pass as the display is decent for the price offering.

Battery life is also very good as you can have more than 2 days life with moderate use.

The major negative review it has on GSM arena was the slow responsiveness of its Gps.if you are not dependent on the phone for location services such as uber,Google maps etc,this shouldn't worry you. But I gathered from feedback on the site that this gps issue has been fixed in some countries where updates has been released.

Conclusively I think Samsung did good with the budget mid range A series.phone is fast,with the latest Os.It also comes with Corning gorilla glass 3 therefore you are guaranteed extra protection incase of falls.Ensuring extra protection with screen protector is in order.

The A30 is an okay budget phone( not budget when compared with what you can get from tecno or infinix with similar specs). However I advise anyone to add a bit more money and purchase a Samsung galaxy A30.

I have no regrets buying this device.

1 Like

Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by Rayd502(m): 1:55am On May 03, 2019
yak:
Am still wondering y Samsung is producing so many lines at the same time especially among d budget phone bracket!!!

J, M, A, what are they trying to achieve?

They randomised the specifications in these phones.As in, specs you have in one is lacking in the other.

For example,M20 comes comes with 5000mah capacity battery while lacking Corning gorilla glass.while A30 is equipped with 4000mah battery but has Corning gorilla glass.

So anyone can buy what suits their purpose.
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by yak(m): 6:20am On May 03, 2019
Rayd502:

They randomised the specifications in these phones.As in, specs you have in one is lacking in the other.

For example,M20 comes comes with 5000mah capacity battery while lacking Corning gorilla glass.while A30 is equipped with 4000mah battery but has Corning gorilla glass.

So anyone can buy what suits their purpose.

Thanks for your reply. For me, it seems the A series is premium budget than the M but I dont understand the J
Re: Between Redmi Note 7 And Samsung Galaxy M20 by sleekier(m): 5:08pm On May 06, 2019
avicky:

Please do a review when get it. Thanks.

I eventually got it, Samsung A30, last Friday frm Jumia.
It's a beast. Battery is great. D camera 'was' good as I took a few pictures before I saw an update.
I noticed after d update, d Camera became excellent, as in, excellent.
I went for d tempered glass today, ppl in d shop were wowed by d camera quality.
The Internet and GPS are excellent too.

I was using Infinix Note 4 before getting it. It's like beauty and d beast.
I have never seen such a clear display before in my entire life. All other phones should copy AMOLED display...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Unlimited Gigabytes On Mtn For Free + How To Transfer Up To 7GB / Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice / Get/send Ur Mails On Ur Phone Without Configurations:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.