Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

A Life Of Purpose: Divine And Human - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Life Of Purpose: Divine And Human (180 Views)

Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. / The Origin Of Freemasonry Is North Africa Sex Worship And Human Sacrifice / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Life Of Purpose: Divine And Human by pressplay411(m): 4:49am On Apr 22, 2019
Jacob Have I Loved, Esau Have I Hated- Life of Purpose
========================================
The book of Romans 9 is a very fearful book to read. It explains how God does as He Wills and who are we to question Him?
It grieved apostle Paul to watch his Jewish counterparts denied of the Grace he was privileged to be saved into.
His grief is so relatable.
It grieved him, just as it would grieve anyone who has found salvation in Christ, yet his friends and family were still practising religion.

Truly, the Jews were like Esau, the First born of Isaac and by natural order, entitled to the Promise attached to his birth right.
Yet he did not value it. He took it for granted. He traded his birth right for ordinary porridge to quench his temporal hunger, his immediate need.
But Jacob knew the import of the birth right and he conversely valued and coveted it. This, apparently, has earned him the infamous title of a deceiver.
Jacob, seizing his opportunity presented his brother porridge in exchange for the birthright. And Esau foolishly took the bait and carelessly sold his Divine inheritance and Promise of God to Abraham.
Who does that, right?

We're quick to judge Esau yet, we are constantly, everyday guilty of the same thing Esau did.
How many of us have traded our spiritual prosperity in exchange for earthly prosperity (wealth)?
How many of us have denied our faith when God needed us to stand for Him?
How many of us have sacrificed God's work to chase our own dreams and ambitions?

Some of us are even aware of God's calling on our lives, yet because we do not value it, we have been running away from it and choosing to chase vanities, our own ambitions instead. Oh, that we would see our future and save ourselves the wasted years and pains.
We all ought to pursue God's work with zeal as our Priority, as our Purpose in life first before our other dreams and visions that God has given us.

Some of us on the otherhand may even be less judged that we have not received any indication or calling to serve God. But truly, it is our God-created purpose on earth. We were all created to continue God's work (as offsprings of Adam) and Greater works (as followers of Christ).

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. John 14:12

May God help us all to live a life of Fulfilment and Purpose.

As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.”

What a scary statement. That God could decide to hate a person just for hating sake even when he is yet unborn, having committed no evil at all. Yet there's an explanation for this. God is not wicked, He is a just God.

This statement is residually engrained in the mind of every believer who has come across it, and it makes us question God and even feel we could never please God.
Yet other scriptures point to a God who is just, not wicked and a loving Father whose thoughts for us are good and towards an expected end (His own best plan and Will for our individual and collective lives).

So in our minds, we find it hard to marry the two- a God we can't please who does as He wills, and a just loving Father).
Why would God hate Esau and love Jacob? Even worse still, they were twins!

The answer is simple as all things of God, only man complicates things. It is in the revelation of their names. God doesn't see names the way we do. He sees names as a person's identity and destiny. Which is why He often changes the names of our Fathers of Faith upon encounter.

Esau means Doer.
Jacob means Follower.

Upon translation, these names have other meanings but these two are significant in this context.
When we choose to do things our own way like Esau, to do our will and pursue our ambitions, to hustle, leaning on our own understanding, we cannot please God. It shows we do not truly value nor trust God. We would end up working contrary to God's will and plan as the Jews ended up crucifying, Christ, their own Messiah.

But when we value God's way like Jacob, and closely Follow Him, holding firmly unto His heel (as Jacob grabbed the heel of Esau) then we will be in God's Will, not doing our will but doing God's Will. Only then can we please God.
I pray this ministers to you to know that we certainly have a greater purpose in life beyond our businesses, jobs, education and marriage.
We were not saved to be bench warmers or kingdom financiers only. We're saved to serve God and win souls and disciple nations by destroying the works of sin and Satan.

Corruption is all over the world not because of the other person (please, don't blame others), but because you are either also corrupt or enabling corruption.
Corruption is simply the political translation of sin. If we are living in righteousness and committed to establishing God's righteousness (justice, mercy and faith- Matthew 23:23), we would together eventually sanitise our systems, families, businesses, countries and eventually and ultimately the world as our Lord's Prayer and Christ's Mandate on us to disciple nations in His name. We will experience True Riches and Prosperity- A Land (World) Flowing with Milk and Honey).
I have a little glimpse of this kingdom and truly it is too glorious to explain- a world of common wealth.
Trust me, common wealth is not so common! It has Peace, Joy, Diligence, Excellence, Integrity, Trust, Perfect Health, Abundance. Like the Air that we don't have to pay for!
God help us all.

Grace, Mercy, Wisdom, Understanding and Direction to us all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Sleeping On Duty!!! / THE Rapture Of The Saint Could Happen Soonest / Pastor Yorke Part One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.