Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Globacom Staff Resignation Mail - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Globacom Staff Resignation Mail (28365 Views)

Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Job Resignation. .. / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by WindFire1: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2010
The mail below was sent to HR by an aggrieved GLOBACOM staff upon resignation on September 14, 2010. The same staff copied the ED HR, several Executive Directors including Bella Adenuga, Paddy Adenuga and over 50 other staff. Please enjoy this piece below:

Subject: I quit.

I resumed at Globacom on the 25th day of May, 2009.

I came having heard more negative stories than positive stories about working at Globacom believing that the stories maybe exaggerations but I found that the stories were 99% true.

I tried to fit in even when my well  cultured corporate mind could not believe nor tolerate the level of lack of professionalism at work in virtually every aspect of operations and business in Globacom.

I am tired, I am tired and I am very tired.

What am I tired of ?

1. I am tired of being harassed by Mr. Anil Kumar, Head of Risk Management whom constantly attacks me verbally about coming to trash out customer's issues with Globacom Credit Control Department, Globacom Relationship Department, Globacom Activation Department and the Archive room as no sensible salesman will carry vital approval documents about constantly. Calling and shouting down Mr. Kamaldeen Shonibare, Head of Post Paid and claiming to report me for not working on the field but camping out in his Department. Needless to say, Mr. Anil Kumar does not have any respect for his Host Country and its citizens as he shouts at every Nigerian he believes he can get away with shouting at.

2. I am tired of the standing order that I should get out of the office from 10:30am to 4:30pm even when I need to get back to the office to pull up some vital data in order to service my Clients.

3. I am tired of being told to stay away from the Island because somebody is afraid that I will see something wrong and tell the people with the most to lose if Globacom is hurt of impending dangers.

4. I am tired of having to beg Globacom Finance to act on my Client's email instruction for new lines even as Globacom expects my Clients to respect my emails and to act on them.

5. I am tired of having to beg Globacom Finance, Globacom Credit Control and Globacom Activation Departments to activate lines of Clients whom are owing arrears even as Glomobile Post Paid has credit over shoot issues that no blanket approval for arrears allowance has been made neither has a Team of Staff being allocated to tackle this phenomenon through an immediate alert approach.

6. I am tired of Memos going to the GCOO for one off exemptions on Post Paid Account issues that are common to all Post Paid accounts of the same type such as three different exemptions for three BSCS Post Paid Accounts for Arrears.

7. I am tired of remembering How I was recruited without being told of the 50-50 Principle thereby causing me to earn less than what I was earning in Fidelity Bank that I came from.

8. I am tired of remembering how when training people in the past and when I inquire of their Pay and Job Function in order to be sure that they are in the right place i find that they are scheduled to do the same Job as myself for twice the Salary and in the following months I do not see any magic reason.

9. I am tired of having to explain why I cannot promise my Client of timely Service or any service at all as I do not know at that very point in time I speak in my Client's Office of the Client's Account's report card with Risk Management.

10. I am tired of remembering how I almost died in the first few months in Globacom at a slaughter slab that was recommended to me as a Hospital for me to attend at near Chevron, Springtime Medical Center it took the intervention of a friend to save me. 

11. I am tired of trying to work harder, think faster and more innovatively for a company that does not appreciate my existence.

I believe it is time for me to clear my desk and seek out a new dream.

I have seen enough working in Globacom is like playing football where all the remaining 21 players are all refrees.

I believe that an Honest Man placed as a Compliance or Best Practices Officer answerable to only the person of the Chairman. An Honest man whom is a firm believer in improvement, filled with great zeal for success whom is not married and is ready to marry Globacom for three years straight without any distraction. Below 34 years of age with at least 7 years of work experience in other fields and at least 9 Months of Post Paid Corporate Sales Experience is adequate.

There is still adequate room for great improvement in the Fortunes of Globacom but we need to be ready to let Market Forces beat us into the right Shape.

I will be winding down my involvements with Globacom though when a man has tied his aspirations to the aspirations of another man or group of men it is hard to totally break away from others.

I wish Globacom well and to all the staff in Globacom i pray you find your own dream that will allow you build your own "Globacoms".

Stay Safe and live Strong.

WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by onemopol: 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2010
make the guy go siddon. Hope he has another good job sha? The idea of publicising his resignation might haunt him later, except if he will not need refrences . We take a lot of poo from a lot of this employers really , and people resign from organisations everyday,however i am not comfortable with people doing it this way.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by WindFire1: 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2010
Perhaps he doesn't need references anymore or perhaps, he just went gaga with the sysytem undecided
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by AjanleKoko: 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2010
You guys should let the dude be.
Everybody's got the right to let off steam, especially when they've been traumatized. Work should not be second slavery, for crying out loud.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2010
strange resignation letter

perhaps the dude could consider becoming a poet
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Odunnu: 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2010
Wao!
Why do I thnk d Poster is the original author of that mail?
@Poster,d leta is 'corporately harsh' (watevr dat means)
U'l do beta if u tone it down a bit.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by oderemo(m): 7:54pm On Sep 16, 2010
shows the reason you dont employ those with anger problem.
i am tired of hr. tired pm , tired of fb. then go kill yourself.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by legendprac(m): 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2010
Well,i understand some of the things d employee complained about, but am not sure this is d best way to  go abt it, He has resigned, what will publishing his letter really achieve?
Well,i guess his/identity  remains hidden,bcuz nobody will like to employ someone that will spill their corporate flaws to the public when things turn bad,
That said, some employers r just treating their staff like poo
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by jamace(m): 8:35pm On Sep 16, 2010
shows the reason you dont employ those with anger problem.
i am tired of hr. tired pm , tired of fb. then go kill yourself.

LOL
But come to think of it, methinks the guy was pushed to the wall. Generally, employment job could overstretch ones patience sometimes. grin grin
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by darqly(m): 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2010
This is similar to a masterpiece that leaked from fbn sometime in 2007. But unless he's sure of himself and his resources,it doesn't usually augur well to badmouth ur former employers. That said, I know a handful of glo staff that'll actually pat him on the back for a job well done!

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by knotty(m): 9:26pm On Sep 16, 2010
Whoever that guy is, he is finished in corporate employment in Nigeria. Those unforgiving bustards at the helm of corporate Nigeria will hunt and haunt him down. He should ask D`Banj.

He may have said the right things but he has said them in the wrongest manner possible.

For all his book sense, let him go and start a business call centre in Yaba and come and tell us what his employee(s) think(s) of him.

And you know, there might be employers looking for rednecks like him right now. But the truth is, the guy is tactless. he has little or no strategy! pity.

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]As for the Indians in corporate employment in Nigeria, screwups like this made room for them. sorry, they are gonna be here for a very long time please.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by texazzpete(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2010
knotty:

Whoever that guy is, he is finished in corporate employment in Nigeria. Those unforgiving bustards at the helm of corporate Nigeria will hunt and haunt him down. He should ask D`Banj.

He may have said the right things but he has said them in the wrongest manner possible.

For all his book sense, let him go and start a business call centre in Yaba and come and tell us what his employee(s) think(s) of him.

And you know, there might be employers looking for rednecks like him right now. But the truth is, the guy is tactless. he has little or no strategy! pity.

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]As for the Indians in corporate employment in Nigeria, screwups like this made room for them. sorry, they are gonna be here for a very long time please.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

And what about people like you who seem to think that the only way to make progress in life is through paid employment?
Many people go out there to make a fortune on their pwn. What makes you so sure that the fellow plans to go cap in hand, begging for another job?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by tollu: 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2010
This guy is obviously tired of the whole system and definitely cannot be bothered about corporate areas any longer.

All these stories about Globacom really makes one wonder about the company's corporate culture though.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by knotty(m): 1:15am On Sep 17, 2010
texazzpete:

And what about people like you who seem to think that the only way to make progress in life is through paid employment?
Many people go out there to make a fortune on their pwn. What makes you so sure that the fellow plans to go cap in hand, begging for another job?

Three years ago, when i resigned from paid employment after 15 years of post-graduate experience, i just tendered my letter of resignation. i did not offer any unwanted explanations. i never told them how to conduct their business. after-all, they were in business long before i went to school.
i just learnt from their errors and made vicarious decisions never to fall into the same cesspool.

for me then, paid employment was a learning curve that i had to go through and i gladly went through it without burning bridges.

i have always believed tomorrow is bigger than today. so, i make my daily decisions based on the long term benefit. mark my word, the guy may have scored cheap points with his fellow staffers but he lost out on corporate trust and goodwill. Sorry, in some climes, this is irreversible.

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by cold(m): 1:25am On Sep 17, 2010
The Nigerian version of Steven Slater,lol.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by DisGuy: 2:18am On Sep 17, 2010
This guy should go for Holiday outside the country relax his brains and stay hidden for a bit as some naija employers are well connected ---police accidental discharge, hired assassins etc

He can obviously get a job somewhere else hopefully outside Lagos!
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2010
I came having heard more negative stories than positive stories about working at Globacom believing that the stories maybe exaggerations but I found that the stories were 99% true.

this is what people who i meet that work in globacom say when i ask them - yes, most of the stories are true

1. I am tired of being harassed by Mr. Anil Kumar, Head of Risk Management whom constantly attacks me verbally about coming to trash out customer's issues with Globacom Credit Control Department, Globacom Relationship Department, Globacom Activation Department and the Archive room as no sensible salesman will carry vital approval documents about constantly. Calling and shouting down Mr. Kamaldeen Shonibare, Head of Post Paid and claiming to report me for not working on the field but camping out in his Department. Needless to say, Mr. Anil Kumar does not have any respect for his Host Country and its citizens as he shouts at every Nigerian he believes he can get away with shouting at.

goddam koras

i'm really not surprised.glo is a one man biz through and through.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2010
I'm not surprised, corporate world in Nigeria is a huge joke!
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2010
Now I believe why my friend left Glo(paying him 2.7m per annum) for GTB(paying him 2.5m) in 2008. He also had a very nasty story to tell about Glo. He complained bitterly - no structure especially for Finance people, a Chartered Accountant having to follow bus around in the name of warehouse/store whatever - he even had an accident. It was a nasty experience he had, as he narrated to me then.

This guy must have become extremely frustrated to write such a letter. At times, things could be so frustrating that you don't feel relieved until you spill out your grievance, and you feel even more satisfied when it gets to the right people(the copied people are the backbones of Glo).

Obviously, the guy must have been ready to damn the consequence, and most likely, he may be quitting paid job for his own business. The satisfaction of having let out his grudge will surely make him feel a lot unburdened.

And Glo too will be forced to examine themselves. This will no doubt be a subject of discussion in their management meeting, and I'm sure the mentioned 'slave drivers' will also be called to order, no matter how subtle.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2010
Jarus:

Now I believe why my friend left Glo(paying him 2.7m per annum) for GTB(paying him 2.5m) in 2008. He also had a very nasty story to tell about Glo. He complained bitterly - no structure especially for Finance people, a Chartered Accountant having to follow bus around in the name of warehouse/store whatever - he even had an accident. It was a nasty experience he had, as he narrated to me then.

This guy must have become extremely frustrated to write such a letter. At times, things could be so frustrating that you don't feel relieved until you spill out your grievance, and you feel even more satisfied when it gets to the right people(the copied people are the backbones of Glo).

Obviously, the guy must have been ready to damn the consequence, and most likely, he may be quitting paid job for his own business. The satisfaction of having let out his grudge will surely make him feel a lot unburdened.

And Glo too will be forced to examine themselves. This will no doubt be a subject of discussion in their management meeting, and I'm sure the mentioned 'slave drivers' will also be called to order, no matter how subtle.

beans - adenuga's stand is 'there are more where you came from'

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by haywhy(m): 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
People need to feel save wherever it is that they chose to work!!! Few people like this could make life easier for those who are facing the same problems. Someone has got to challenge such situations! I must say that I hope he has a back up plan and I pray it works well for him.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by WindFire1: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
Jarus:

Examine ni, Examine Ko,
Glo and Mike Adenuga cannot be bothered. People resign everyday in Glo in very similar or worse circumstances. The guy in question even bothered to drop a resignation mail. Many just bolted out of the company after dropping their SIMs and ID card without dropping nada. Globacom is a terrible place for many and Heaven for just a privileged few.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Bawss1(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2010
Wind_Fire:

Examine ni, Examine Ko,
Glo and Mike Adenuga cannot be bothered. People resign everyday in Glo in very similar or worse circumstances. The guy in question even bothered to drop a resignation mail. Many just bolted out of the company after dropping their SIMs and ID card without dropping nada. Globacom is a terrible place for many and Heaven for just a privileged few.

I agree man it will just be business as usual at Glo. Too bad
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by johnie: 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2010
knotty:

Please educate me. What happened to D'Banj?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by ProExcel: 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2010
I believe job seekers should learn from this.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by chopper(m): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2010
Let me give you a piece of advice; The only way to liberate yourself out of this mess is to own your business. Shit happens when you are still an employee
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by shfizle(m): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2010
Really this is not the best way to go about it. Would have been a bit better if the organization was a public one, but a one man biz? Dude practically shited on Adenuga. It'll definitely get to him. So methinks this guy should kiss corporate naija goodbye. Glo will learn a lesson and improve on his points but the guy'll be the sacrificial cow,,  or dog depending on what god u worship grin grin grin
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by chopper(m): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2010
guy go sleep
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Holesher(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2010
You are a lazy  chap no real issues.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2010
Wind_Fire:

Examine ni, Examine Ko,

so i've heard - if u r someone mike takes a shine to - life is good - u get paid big bucks for doing nada - but that can change like this

all glo workers accounts are compulsorily domiciled in etb - and once you are disengaged the word is they freeze your account

viva modern day slavery from the bull

conoil staff are the only guys in the industry who are not part of pengassan/nupeng if my memory serves me right.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by gidson12(m): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2010
too bad
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Ibomade1: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2010
Obviously the guy was stressed to the max b4 he took this step.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Promoted Senior Nigerian Air Force Officers (Full List) / Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? / Pls, How Can One Succeed With Agricultural Economics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.