Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,551 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Court Wedding: Pros And Cons - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Wedding: Pros And Cons (767 Views)

I Have Access To Half Of His Property - Nigerian Woman Brags After Court Wedding / What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? / Cost Of Court Wedding In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Wedding: Pros And Cons by Michikech(m): 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hello guys, what are the pros and cons of court wedding(Registry)?

pls educate me in details.... Thanks in advance

#Questions
What will be the implication on about the following?

1. What if the husband cheats and possibly gets someone pregnant?
2. What if the husband beats her?
3. What if the husband forcefully marry another girl?
Re: Court Wedding: Pros And Cons by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Pros: It is legal and gives you accepted document to show you are married, it is cheap (N5000), you can marry your foreign spouse and use the document therefrom to travel, etc

Cons: You cant marry another person until you dissolve the first one, it "secures" a woman in marriage and you can't leave her empty handed.

Most men are afraid of doing it out of ignorance and fear of the unknown.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Understand This:: / 2008 Toyota Camry Available For Sale / Affordable Shoes For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.