Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners (4233 Views)

Benefits Of Youtube For Business Owners / Benefits Of Youtube For Business Owners / 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by Softcash(m): 10:40am On Apr 23, 2019
How to Make Money on YouTube – (A Step By Step Guide for Beginners in 2019)

Is it possible to make money on YouTube? – This is one question I feel so many people would be interested and eager to hear the answer. Without wasting much of your time, I like to say, it is possible to make money even more on YouTube.

But, just knowing the answer to the above question isn’t what you are looking for. Trust me, you will want to know how to make money on YouTube, and that’s exactly why I created this content that has taken me weeks to build.

Here, you will be given all the necessary information you need to get started. Follow this guide diligently and start earning.

Step 1. Set up your YouTube channel.

The first thing you’ll need to do is actually creating your YouTube channel, and YouTube makes it incredibly easy to do. Your channel is your personal presence on YouTube.

Each YouTube account is associated with a channel. A YouTube account is the same as a Google Account and creating a YouTube account will give you access to other Google products, such as Gmail and Drive.

Create your new Google account or use your existing one.
Then Sign in to YouTube and click the user icon at the top right of the screen
Click the gear icon to get the YouTube settings in your account
Click Create new channel

Then select “Use a business or other name”
Add a brand name and click create
Congratulations! You’re done creating your brand new YouTube channel.

Next on the line, is adding keywords. Add keywords to help people find your channel. You can add keywords by going to the Advanced section of your channel settings. Make sure your keywords are relevant to your content.

Your username may also work for or against you. If it’s short, easy to remember and original, people will be more inclined to remember you. Be sensitive enough while choosing a username for your account.

[b]Step 2. Add relevant contents to your channe[/b]l.

Try uploading high quality contents and not too long. Also, try to upload regularly and stay consistent with your uploads. Even if your content is not good at first, keep it up. Practice makes perfect. Try to make each video better than the previous one. You will often learn as you go.

Improve your content by using a better camera or by testing better software or editing techniques. Also, try to improve the way things are filmed. Use a tripod, have a friend help you or better illuminate your scenes. All help for a better end product that, in turn, helps to obtain a better audience.

By uploading regularly you can help maintain an audience. People are more likely to subscribe if they add content on a regular schedule and keep that schedule as long as possible.

Be sure to tag your videos with keywords that describe the content, as well as a striking (eye-catching) description. This will help attract people to your video from YouTube searches

Step 3. Build and grow your audience.

You need to find your viewers, start building relationships with them, create a community around your vlog (channel) and continue to deliver value (as content) before you will be able to build long term income from your vlog.

Building an audience is key to increasing earnings. You need people who will watch your ads to make any money from them. There is no secret to getting more subscribers, just make the best content you can and they will come to you.

Keep uploading content and try to attract people. Send your videos out on Twitter and Facebook. Share it with people. Share it elsewhere on the Internet. Subscribers are required to become a partner.

Interact with your viewers to respond to comments and occasionally capture videos that are directly related to comments and viewer issues. Connecting with your community will bring more members to that community.

Step 4. Monetize your video.

To start earning money with your videos, you must enable monetization. This means that you are allowing YouTube to place ads on your video. This also means that you acknowledge that there is no copyrighted material in your video.

So, how can you do this?

Go to www.youtube.com and click on “My channel” on the website.
Click on the link called “Video Manager” in the top bar.
Click on the channel and Enable monetization.
You need at least 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers to start earning money. You can monetize a video while it’s uploaded by clicking the Monetization tab and clicking the “Monetize with ads” box.

To monetize a video after upload, open the video manager and click the “$” sign next to the video you want to monetize. Check the box next to “Monetizing with ads” box.

Step 5. Set up Google AdSense.

You can set up Google AdSense for free on the AdSense website >>> https://www.google.com/adsense. Click on the Register now button to start creating your account. You must be 18 years or older to create your own account. If you are younger than that, you will need an adult to help you.

You need PayPal or a bank account and a valid mailing address, as well as other information so that AdSense can verify who you are and whom to send the money. You only earn money per ad click and a smaller amount per view, but it accumulates over time. That’s why having an audience is key.

Step 6. Study your Analytics

Once you have some videos online, monetized and viewed, you can view the analytics on them to see how they are performing. Click Analytics in the channel menu. Here you can review estimated earnings, ad performance, video views, demographics, and more.

Use these tools to see how your content responds to your audience. You can change your content or marketing if you find that you do not attract the users you want.

Step 7. Extend your video reach.

Building a successful business online takes more than selecting brands, providing relevant contents and having the best monetization strategy. Even the best business ideas can fail if you do not drive enough traffic to your site.

Do not put your videos only on YouTube! Start a blog, create a website or publish them on other video sites or social networks. The more views you have, the better. By sharing the link or embedding the video on the Internet, it increases the possibility of being noticed.

If you need a little help creating a blog/website, follow our guide: How to Start a Blog – (A Step By Step Guide for Beginners in 2019), in which we explain all the step you need to get started.

Step 8. Increase your revenue with affiliate marketing.

Affiliate marketing is when you’re paid a commission to promote the products and services of other people or company. In affiliate marketing you are given a tracking link to any product. Then you can share this link, when someone clicks on it and buys any item, you will get a commission. Your first step will be to join an affiliate network.

Here are few of the many affiliate networks you can join: Bluehost, Alidropship, Amazon Affiliate, Commision Junction, Linkshare, ShareASale, ebay Partner Newtork, ClickBank, Jumia, Konga.

You can become an affiliate for any of the above brands and receive residual passive income through the commissions of each sale you generate through your channel. This works especially well if you review products as part of your YouTube channel.

YouTube Affiliate Marketing is the process of creating videos and placing affiliate links in the actual videos (via annotations) or in video descriptions. If someone makes a purchase using your affiliate link, you get a commission for sale.

Step 8. Become a YouTube Partner.

YouTube partners are YouTube members who have monetized videos with a large number of viewers. Partners get access to more content creatives (content creation tools) and can win prizes for the number of viewers they have. Partners also gain access to much greater support and community advice.

You can sign up for a YouTube partnership at any time on the YouTube Partner page. To get access to the most powerful partner programs, you need to have 15,000 cumulative watch hours for your channels in the last 90 days.

The Bottom Line

By now, you should be in fantastic shape on your journey to make money on YouTube, and the question: How to Make Money on YouTube? Must have been trashed.

I wrote this guide to learn how to make money on YouTube, because helping others make money online is something I always love, there is nothing more rewarding for me than seeing the excitement and satisfaction of my wonderful audience.

And I believe you too will be more confident to take good advantage of this great opportunity and get started. I hope this guide proves immensely to you.

https://www.mmoinstitute.com/2019/04/23/make-money-on-youtube/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by mekuso89(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2019
Good one. I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by WiseStarr(m): 11:05am On Apr 23, 2019
I've tried to monetized my youtube account but i'm yet to find the monetized settings on YouTube, Is the monetization settings available on YouTube site or App

The last time i searched for it, I couldn't find the monetization settings

I want people to view my freestyles too
Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 23, 2019
Nigerian Teenager Performs Amazing Football Tricks With His Phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4359J7zbc
Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by Johnnyessence(m): 4:09pm On May 20, 2019
Softcash:

Is it possible to make money on YouTube? – This is one question I feel so many people would be interested and eager to hear the answer. Without wasting much of your time, I like to say, it is possible to make money even more on YouTube.

But, just knowing the answer to the above question isn’t what you are looking for. Trust me, you will want to know how to make money on YouTube, and that’s exactly why I created this content that has taken me weeks to build.

Here, you will be given all the necessary information you need to get started. Follow this guide diligently and start earning.

The first thing you’ll need to do is actually creating your YouTube channel, and YouTube makes it incredibly easy to do. Your channel is your personal presence on YouTube.

Each YouTube account is associated with a channel. A YouTube account is the same as a Google Account and creating a YouTube account will give you access to other Google products, such as Gmail and Drive.

Click Create new channel

Next on the line, is adding keywords. Add keywords to help people find your channel. You can add keywords by going to the Advanced section of your channel settings. Make sure your keywords are relevant to your content.

Your username may also work for or against you. If it’s short, easy to remember and original, people will be more inclined to remember you. Be sensitive enough while choosing a username for your account.

Try uploading high quality contents and not too long. Also, try to upload regularly and stay consistent with your uploads. Even if your content is not good at first, keep it up. Practice makes perfect. Try to make each video better than the previous one. You will often learn as you go.

Improve your content by using a better camera or by testing better software or editing techniques. Also, try to improve the way things are filmed. Use a tripod, have a friend help you or better illuminate your scenes. All help for a better end product that, in turn, helps to obtain a better audience.

By uploading regularly you can help maintain an audience. People are more likely to subscribe if they add content on a regular schedule and keep that schedule as long as possible.

Be sure to tag your videos with keywords that describe the content, as well as a striking (eye-catching) description. This will help attract people to your video from YouTube searches

You need to find your viewers, start building relationships with them, create a community around your vlog (channel) and continue to deliver value (as content) before you will be able to build long term income from your vlog.

Building an audience is key to increasing earnings. You need people who will watch your ads to make any money from them. There is no secret to getting more subscribers, just make the best content you can and they will come to you.

Keep uploading content and try to attract people. Send your videos out on Twitter and Facebook. Share it with people. Share it elsewhere on the Internet. Subscribers are required to become a partner.

Interact with your viewers to respond to comments and occasionally capture videos that are directly related to comments and viewer issues. Connecting with your community will bring more members to that community.

To start earning money with your videos, you must enable monetization. This means that you are allowing YouTube to place ads on your video. This also means that you acknowledge that there is no copyrighted material in your video.

So, how can you do this?

You need at least 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers to start earning money. You can monetize a video while it’s uploaded by clicking the Monetization tab and clicking the “Monetize with ads” box.

To monetize a video after upload, open the video manager and click the “$” sign next to the video you want to monetize. Check the box next to “Monetizing with ads” box.

You can set up Google AdSense for free on the AdSense website >>> https://www.google.com/adsense. Click on the Register now button to start creating your account. You must be 18 years or older to create your own account. If you are younger than that, you will need an adult to help you.

You need PayPal or a bank account and a valid mailing address, as well as other information so that AdSense can verify who you are and whom to send the money. You only earn money per ad click and a smaller amount per view, but it accumulates over time. That’s why having an audience is key.

Once you have some videos online, monetized and viewed, you can view the analytics on them to see how they are performing. Click Analytics in the channel menu. Here you can review estimated earnings, ad performance, video views, demographics, and more.

Use these tools to see how your content responds to your audience. You can change your content or marketing if you find that you do not attract the users you want.

Building a successful business online takes more than selecting brands, providing relevant contents and having the best monetization strategy. Even the best business ideas can fail if you do not drive enough traffic to your site.

Do not put your videos only on YouTube! Start a blog, create a website or publish them on other video sites or social networks. The more views you have, the better. By sharing the link or embedding the video on the Internet, it increases the possibility of being noticed.

If you need a little help creating a blog/website, follow our guide: How to Start a Blog – (A Step By Step Guide for Beginners in 2019), in which we explain all the step you need to get started.

Affiliate marketing is when you’re paid a commission to promote the products and services of other people or company. In affiliate marketing you are given a tracking link to any product. Then you can share this link, when someone clicks on it and buys any item, you will get a commission. Your first step will be to join an affiliate network.

Here are few of the many affiliate networks you can join: Bluehost, Alidropship, Amazon Affiliate, Commision Junction, Linkshare, ShareASale, ebay Partner Newtork, ClickBank, Jumia, Konga.

You can become an affiliate for any of the above brands and receive residual passive income through the commissions of each sale you generate through your channel. This works especially well if you review products as part of your YouTube channel.

YouTube Affiliate Marketing is the process of creating videos and placing affiliate links in the actual videos (via annotations) or in video descriptions. If someone makes a purchase using your affiliate link, you get a commission for sale.

YouTube partners are YouTube members who have monetized videos with a large number of viewers. Partners get access to more content creatives (content creation tools) and can win prizes for the number of viewers they have. Partners also gain access to much greater support and community advice.

You can sign up for a YouTube partnership at any time on the YouTube Partner page. To get access to the most powerful partner programs, you need to have 15,000 cumulative watch hours for your channels in the last 90 days.

The Bottom Line

By now, you should be in fantastic shape on your journey to make money on YouTube, and the question: How to Make Money on YouTube? Must have been trashed.

I wrote this guide to learn how to make money on YouTube, because helping others make money online is something I always love, there is nothing more rewarding for me than seeing the excitement and satisfaction of my wonderful audience.

And I believe you too will be more confident to take good advantage of this great opportunity and get started. I hope this guide proves immensely to you.

thanks for your write-up, I really appreciate it. God bless you. please where can I get the link to the YouTube partner page?

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by joshuaudom(m): 5:32pm On May 20, 2019
Good one there, thank you
Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by Lubanko: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2019
It's quite simple and hard at the same time. You have to do your promotion smart but overanalyzing could bring frustration. Just do it as a hobby, meaning do it with love. All the video seo is quite simple. Just fix your keywords and titles and views will come naturally as people search all the possible thing existing on earth on youtube and you'll hit the string sooner or later. Here's an extremely useful tool for that type of optimization https://backlinkvalidator.com/tools/youtube_tags_tools.php. And put a lot of thought in writing and quality visuals and audio. Those are three milestones. If you're good in three of those and suck at one- it's absolutely ok and won't harm the overall perception of your content.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by somtookeke(m): 4:21am On Jan 04, 2020
Step 1: Setup and build your YouTube Channel
YouTube

Each YouTube account has one channel bind to it. Creating a YouTube account will grant you access to other Google account , such as Gmail and Drive.

Create a new account or use an old one if you have.

Add keywords to help people locate your channel.You can add keywords by navigating to the Advanced section of your Channel Settings. Make sure that your keywords are relevant to your content.

Read More;

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/8-steps-to-make-money-on-youtube.html

Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by konews: 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
Complete Guide to YouTube Marketing in Nigeria 2020.

Let's start living this first of all but it's not intended to scare you. YouTube has over 50 million content creators that are constantly hitting out videos on a daily basis that means if you are having a plan to launch a marketing strategy on YouTube, then you must actually know what you are doing and really get seriously professional about it. But there is always a way to stand out among them to is that your content have to stand out.

How To Start GSM Recharge Card Business In Nigeria

The majority of YouTube users talking about YouTube audience, these guys are not actually fans of advertisers. That means 90 percent of that 50 million users are not fans of advertisement which means you are gonna be careful about how you will run am advert on YouTube and how you will raise audience awareness about your brand and business while also making your viewers fill so entertained.
For the complete article, click here
Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by haon: 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
Here is a video that will help you make money online on youtube. I hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TxN95Wx81Y
Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by SavageResponse(m): 4:01am On Oct 23, 2020
Softcash:

Click Create new channel

So, how can you do this?

The Bottom Line

This is a very educative article

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by Africangiants(m): 4:18am On Oct 29, 2020
online business
You can make up to 2million naira monthly by doing one or combining any of these online money making ways. i am pleased to send off this. Information is the source of wealth. CHECK THIS OUT on how to make money online, Don't be left alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEiyhFpgA6A
Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by mrmayoh: 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2022
Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by OfficialSam(m): 4:49am On May 17, 2022
Following
Re: How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners by Chukatabra: 7:21am On Sep 22, 2023
There's really no special way to be honest. You just have to put in the hard work and grow your channel then apply for monetisation. That's what I did.

I receive payments in Nigeria here using https://changera.co/ app. Works seamlessly.

You can read more here - https://blog.changera.co/how-to-receive-payments-from-youtube/

(1) (Reply)

New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote / No POS? No Challenge. Opay Has Reduced Your Mobile Phone To A Complete POS: / The Most Profitable Business In Nigeria (poll)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.