Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking (16355 Views)

Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? / People's Comments About Ighalo's Unfaithfulness To His Wife Left Me In Shock / Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by ogbiwa: 5:44am On Apr 24, 2019
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is amazed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's pre-derby warning to his Manchester United players that they should be ready to be kicked at Old Trafford on Wednesday.

On Tuesday morning Solskjaer said: "There will be fouls. They will snap at your ankles and heels and kick you."

"Did he say that? With 65% or 70% possession, how do we do that?" said Guardiola.

"I don't like it. My side is not built like that, not at all."
Guardiola has previously denied accusations he tells his teams to commit 'tactical fouls' to halt opposition counter-attacks.

Privately, City are bemused at United letting Solskjaer speak about the issue, mainly because the statistics do not back up the Norwegian's view.

According to Opta, City have conceded 170 free-kicks, excluding off-sides, in the opposition half so far this season. In contrast, United have conceded 195.

In addition, City have amassed 38 yellow cards and one red in the Premier League this season - for United, the figures are 64 and four.

"In 10 seasons as a manager, I never prepared for a game thinking about these things. Never," insisted Guardiola.

"In football, you sometimes do that [foul] because the actions are so fast. But I never said we should do it to punish an opponent or cancel them. Maybe after the game you can ask him in the press conference."

'Solskjaer's comments won't influence referee'

In November, Guardiola was given a formal warning by the Football Association for speaking about referee Anthony Taylor before the previous Manchester derby at Etihad Stadium, which City won 3-1.

In October, Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez was fined £60,000 for comments he made about Andre Marriner before a goalless draw with Crystal Palace.

Marriner will be in charge at Old Trafford and, as FA rules specifically forbid managers speaking about referees prior to matches, Solskjaer risked a sanction when he said: "They [City] commit so many players forward and you can clearly see that they've got them in that mould of trying to win the ball back, and they do make fouls.

"It's up to us to play through that press, be ready, play one and two-touch, don't give them time. If you spend two or three touches… it's not my decision, it's the referee's responsibility to do that."

Asked if those comments could influence Marriner, Guardiola said: "That's the reason why, of course.

"But I don't think it will be successful because we don't do it."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48028390

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 24, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by Emily22(m): 9:52am On Apr 24, 2019
logon599:
First time in recent history that Liverpool fans will be vigorously supporting their most bitter rivals Man United grin

Also first time in recent history that a team with at least 88 points won't win the title, as both City and Liverpool are sure to surpass that points total.

Basically it's the tightest title race in recent history.

This is why I LOVE the EPL wink

No,not the tightest,it was the one aguero scored a late stunner...while man United was waiting to celebrate...

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by Dhortunn(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2019
Man City will win still.

This EPL race will run till Match day 38!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by backT(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2019
Ole know that he will loss the match so he creating ways to address the press after the match.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by Jason007: 9:53am On Apr 24, 2019
grin
get use to it, it's part of the game
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by jerrybakermillz(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2019
Football
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by StTrump: 9:53am On Apr 24, 2019
Hahahah
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by LilSfc(m): 9:54am On Apr 24, 2019
Dear Manchester United, please loose in peace
It will be a disaster to humanity if Liverpool win the league.

5 Likes

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by Adicsonbaba(m): 9:54am On Apr 24, 2019
Play make we know wetin go happen tonight
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by OtemAtum: 9:54am On Apr 24, 2019
I am here repping Chelsea FC.
Man City will definitely carry the day, but I wish for a draw so that Liverpool can win the league.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by HenryHill: 9:54am On Apr 24, 2019
jerrybakermillz:
Football

Bloody hell!

1 Like

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 24, 2019
Manchester City and Tactical foul whenever they lose possession are like 5 & 6... Everyone know that... Guardiola should shut up cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by Lamasta(m): 9:56am On Apr 24, 2019
CTID grin
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by Foodforthought: 9:57am On Apr 24, 2019
Yen yen yen ...winner will still win,loser will still lose.
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by seangy4konji: 9:58am On Apr 24, 2019
liverpools balls they for man u hand.
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by andrew444(m): 9:58am On Apr 24, 2019
logon599:
First time in recent history that Liverpool fans will be vigorously supporting their most bitter rivals Man United grin

Also first time in recent history that a team with at least 88 points won't win the title, as both City and Liverpool are sure to surpass that points total.

Basically it's the tightest title race in recent history.

This is why I LOVE the EPL wink

And the easiest relegation race in history

Huddersfield town has been relegated since game 31

Anyway kudos to Liverpool and klopp

If not mancity would have done a ligue 1 in Epl

3 Likes

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by ashjay001(m): 9:59am On Apr 24, 2019
Oh, they do do it! Always disrupting the fast counter!

All those niggling little fouls not even worth a card!

1 Like

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by FreemanUYB(m): 10:00am On Apr 24, 2019
LilSfc:
Dear Manchester United, please loose in peace
It will be a disaster to humanity if Liverpool win the league.

dear Manchester united and its fans don't mind this man
fight to the finish
you have lost to barca and Everton
don't let this one count !!!
its not about Liverpool
its about your name and history !!!!

try so you can even smell Europa ooo!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2019
Wen Pep got to defend his team in the press conference against d opponent's verbal abuse..... Just know say d opponent don buy market b dat.

1 Like

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by Jokerman(m): 10:03am On Apr 24, 2019
Better for Liverpool to win the league than for Pep to win back to back EPL

1 Like

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by internationalman(m): 10:04am On Apr 24, 2019
Apprentice OLS.. Come to think of it what experience does he even have as a coach...

All these Man Utd legends that keep running their mouths, one by one they are all gonna be disgraced.

The other one went to Spain and almost relegated Valencia..

One coached milton KD and ran off for just one month..

Ferdinand should be given job too let's see how he fairs..

Shame on all Red devil fans that say OLS is better than the special one.

I need the special one to return to my team next season..

Whenever he's around boring football or not his team is always challenging for something..
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:04am On Apr 24, 2019
don't be surprised when city scores today... United fans in the stands will roar for exictment... football... EPL... rivalry...

3 Likes

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by wiseone28: 10:05am On Apr 24, 2019
Liverpool is behind you Man United...we wish u victory today grin
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by RexTramadol1: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2019
FreemanUYB:

dear Manchester united and its fans don't mind this man
fight to the finish
you have lost to barca and Everton
don't let this one count !!!
its not about Liverpool
its about your name and history !!!!

try so you can even smell Europa ooo!!!!!

Man U is sure of Europa if UCL is not feasible
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by BlueRayDick: 10:09am On Apr 24, 2019
OGS is like a foolish Nigerian student who will claim the lecturer fails him delibrately when he scores less 40% while other students are scoring 75% A.

How do you claim city kicks opponent when they have dominated possession against you and almost every of their opponent? Did you score and the referee disallowed it ? In fact Man utd is guilty of the offence they are accusing city for. They conceded penalty against Arsenal in the second leg and even had arsenal players pulled off with injury in the first leg.

E be like the goals OGS dey chop recently don dey block him eyes o
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by wwwtortoise(m): 10:10am On Apr 24, 2019
Manchester United should play this match already and chop 5-0 and stop whining like female gossips.

Both football clubs no be mate in terms of good football.
Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by Orientalbrother: 10:12am On Apr 24, 2019
City will crush united tonight

FVCK LOSERPOOL angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking by DaySpringer: 10:18am On Apr 24, 2019
I am a United fan but I have to admit that we talk too much.

Was Solksjaer's Comment Necessary? Instead of him to be talking about being Wary of the goals we will conceede or the runs that Sterling, Sane & bernado silva will be making, he is talking about kicks.

Nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation / Nusara Suknamai: Leicester Refuse To Pay Compensation To Family After Crash / Barcelona Expects Chelsea Bid For Coutinho If Their Transfer Ban Is Delayed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.