Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,037 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby (13401 Views)

Pregnant Abuja Lady Dies Weeks After Her Baby Shower (Photo) / Woman Gave Birth In A Hospital Toilet And Almost Flushed Her Baby (Photos) / 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2019
uuzba:

Shey, when the British were here colonising us, we drove them away, that we want independence.
Since they left in 1960, we've been fighting and CHEATING each other.
People are now vexing and emigrating to UK, the same colonial masters we said should leave us alone.
You are complaining about Nigerian leaders? Why didn't the leaders, learn from the British how to rule Nigerians before pursuing them away?

if you are a regular on this forum, you'll observe that I've always suggested 2 solutions to get the shithole back on it's feet... 1. RE-COLONISATION OR 2.BLOODY REVOLUTION.!
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by nwanyionitsha: 2:30pm On Apr 24, 2019
Benekruku:
Onitsha is a village so its much expected
At least it isn't a coven.

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by nwanyionitsha: 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bighead9:
Kikikikikikiki, Igbo's Amaka. grin grin

Bloody Illiterates. grin
yorubas ajoka.
Ndi coven dwellers.

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Bighead9: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
yorubas ajoka.
Ndi coven dwellers.

Ji wannan Iyamiri'n banza. Yaron Karuwa. grin grin grin grin

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by KingLennon(m): 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
iscom:
What is this one saying again. So you want the nurse to use her teeth as thermometer abi? So you take it to social media so that the nurse can be sacked abi. Receive sense. She has many reasons for doing that. She may be trying to prevent cross infection as it's done in standard hospital. Maybe there is no hospital thermometer and she is doing her private business. It is done every where. And no crime to it. Tell your senator, rep, governor and buhari to supply every patient with a thermometer, so that the nurse will not tell you to buy next time. Or think government hospital is free? Every blame must be on the nurse head? Rabbish.
You're saying nonsense cuz you haven't left this shithole. Buying thermometer is absurd!

2 Likes

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Protein0: 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
HitSong:

COMMON IN ALL PUBLIC HOSPITALS

EVEN IN LUTH - LAGOS
I wonder o

That's the norm in at least 95% of all public hospitals here in Nigeria.
Patients buy/pay for consumables anywhere.
If the hospital gave the woman and asked her to pay now, it'll be another complaint

Na war o.

Only in Nigeria will you not find thermometer in a nursing mother's kit.
A baby down with fever and the mom doesn't have thermometer but she is learned to the level of coming online to complain.
In saner climes which most ppl will make reference to, such nursing mother will go to the clinic with a temperature chart that is enough to ease diagnosis.
The system is worse because we citizens have refused to improve . undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by nwanyionitsha: 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bighead9:

Ji wannan Iyamiri'n banza. Yaron Karuwa. grin grin grin grin
aboki alamagiri boko haram banza. Otondo ka i bu. Anumanu. Kwararat.
Afonja/abokina.why are you in pains. Go and collect your ijebu garri.

1 Like

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by seangy4konji: 3:12pm On Apr 24, 2019
Thermometer oooo...

Only God can take me out of here finally.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by AishaEstates: 3:27pm On Apr 24, 2019
see ehn, its possible this lady did not understand the nurse.

in luth you can have a whole ward; that's a whole ward with all the patients in it using just 2 or 1 thermometer.

opportunistic infection and all MUST set in at some point.

so when you have a thermometer that has to be inserted into your armpit, or ass being shared by 100's of people and a nurse asks you to go buy a #200 thermometer to check your kid you should know shes giving you an advise not a threat.

Just saying sha.

1 Like

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Bighead9: 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
aboki alamagiri boko haram banza. Otondo ka i bu. Anumanu. Kwararat.
Afonja/abokina.why are you in pains. Go and collect your ijebu garri.

Kikikikikikiki, e pain this Iyamiri mai kan parenti. grin grin Dan gidan Karuwa. Zonbi masu chin naman mutum. grin

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by nwanyionitsha: 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bighead9:

Kikikikikikiki, e pain this Iyamiri mai kan parenti. grin grin Dan gidan Karuwa. Zonbi masu chin naman mutum. grin
Afonja,cimmot for road.
I don notice you.
Cry me a river.

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Champele(m): 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2019
Obiano is a very bad, clueless governor of that state. Onitsha is now the dean of robbers, including the hospital nurses. I'm not surprise
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Benoxvals(m): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2019
MaiGemu:
Onitsha? Worse place to live.

Pls which city do you reside?
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by deavicky(m): 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2019
U didn't also tell us how much is the thermometer. ₦200 is it too much to buy for ur sick baby.

1 Like

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by dokyOloye: 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2019
HitSong:

COMMON IN ALL PUBLIC HOSPITALS

EVEN IN LUTH - LAGOS
Its an infection control sturvs.
Imagine using a thermometer used previously used for a Lassa fever patient for your child?
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by dokyOloye: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2019
sexybaby22:
Its normal in govt hospitals. And the thermometers are cheap nowadays, less than 500 naira. Ideally you won't want to share such a device with someone else that you don't know what brought them to the hospital. Those govt nurses might not clean it properly before using on the next patient so its better to have your own thermometer.
Tell them
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by dokyOloye: 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2019
thatigboman:
I'm disappointed in most Nigerians going by comments here.
A woman presents her child in an hospital and was asked to go and buy thermometer first and u tell me it is normal.
I give up.
Its normal Oga.
You mustn't know everything.
If they tell you a thermometer has been used for a suspected Lassa fever patient, will you allow them use it for your own patient?

1 Like

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Bighead9: 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Afonja,cimmot for road.
I don notice you.
Cry me a river.

Ji bakin shi kaman Akuya. grin grin grin

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2019
KingLennon:
Can you imagine? Quack hospital and nurses
How are they quacks, is because there wasn't thermometer at that hospital?
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
Benekruku:
Onitsha is a village so its much expected
Onitsha isn't a village but a city
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Psoul(m): 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2019
Yes...daz what most of them do. I took a patient to Parklane Hospital(ESUT Teaching Hospital) Enugu, the nurses there told me to pay for Thermometer, Packet of Disposable hand glove, Medium size detol, 2big rolls of tissue and pack of syringe or I should go and buy them before the patient will be attended to. This is a patient admitted under emergency and we got emergency card ooo.

The patient was left there as we went around to get these stuff. What is the essence of the emergency card requested we should get for immediate treatment?
Is the hospital management not aware of this?

And a medical doctor who is a Minister for Labour opened his mouth to say that any doctor that wants to leave the country should go that we have more dan enough doctors here.

No wonder he was not seen qualified as Minister for Health, rather that for Labour.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2019
Very true. My kids go to the said hospital at Court road and that's what they do there but Onitsha been Onitsha, what can one do. It's so sad that our government do not monitor all these private hospitals and schools. Schools in Onitsha are even worse [color=#000000][/color]
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Psoul(m): 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
AishaEstates:
see ehn, its possible this lady did not understand the nurse.

in luth you can have a whole ward; that's a whole ward with all the patients in it using just 2 or 1 thermometer.

opportunistic infection and all MUST set in at some point.

so when you have a thermometer that has to be inserted into your armpit, or ass being shared by 100's of people and a nurse asks you to go buy a #200 thermometer to check your kid you should know shes giving you an advise not a threat.

Just saying sha.

This is not the intention. I am a witness to what that lady is saying. They will collect the thermometer, keep it and still use the old one they are previously using.

If they will tell u to buy and keep the thermometer with u, no problem.
They will gather the stuff, take it to the nearby chemist store and resale them.
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by thatigboman: 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
dokyOloye:

Its normal Oga.
You mustn't know everything.
If they tell you a thermometer has been used for a suspected Lassa fever patient, will you allow them use it for your own patient?
no. Hospitals are supposed to be well equipped. First, they treat the sick and bill the parents later.
I dont go general hospitals, so I dont experience such rubbish. Hospitals have treated my wife and family before, provided thermometer and all sorts and billed me over 100k and i paid.
I cant imagine taking my sick child to the hospital and first thing nurse will ask is for me to go and buy thermometer. I will bring that hospital down. What if in the process of buying the thermometer, the child dies.
This is a children's hospital for heaven's sake. They should at leave have thermometers in stock.
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by mechanics(m): 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
hmmmm, the hospital management needs to be probed.
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by thatigboman: 6:19pm On Apr 24, 2019
mechanics:
hmmmm, the hospital management needs to be probed.
a children's hospital doesn't have thermometers in stock. Is that one hospital?
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by thatigboman: 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2019
Psoul:

This is not the intention. I am a witness to what that lady is saying. They will collect the thermometer, keep it and still use the old one they are previously using.

If they will tell u to buy and keep the thermometer with u, no problem.
They will gather the stuff, take it to the nearby chemist store and resale them.
why should they tell u to buy thermometer? They should have it in stock. Use it to treat ur child, bill u and give it to you
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by mechanics(m): 6:27pm On Apr 24, 2019
thatigboman:
a children's hospital doesn't have thermometers in stock. Is that one hospital?
hahahah, not at all.
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by actrinity(m): 6:33pm On Apr 24, 2019
nairalaila:
A Nigerian mum has called out nurses at a Children's hospital in Onitsha, who reportedly told her to buy a thermometer before checking her baby. The sad mum who took to Facebook to share her ordeal, said her baby was down with incessant fever but the nurses at the Children's hospital in Onitsha allegedly told her to buy a thermometer before checking her.

She wrote;

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/24/mum-says-nurses-at-onitsha-hospital-told-her-to-buy-thermometer-before-checking-her-baby/

She said court rd, but general hospital is what's in the pix... So which one are we to believe?
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Bbdealer(m): 6:35pm On Apr 24, 2019
Go to FMC ASABA if care is not taken u'll buy air to breath there

1 Like

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by happydavies(f): 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
In this era of viral haemorrhagic fever,u nid ur own thermometer.they were even doing u a favour.
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by HillsBlaze(m): 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2019
this is common because of the risk of contacting any disease and besides being a child you should always have a thermometer and whenever you are going to the hospital have it with you. But them the nurses should have had one handy that they would have used it for the patients.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whats The Difference Between A Patent Medicine Store, A Medicine Store,pharmacy / N2 Billion Fake Drugs Destroyed By NAFDAC In Ogun (Photos) / Hippolite Amadi Wins $100,000 Prize For Work In Keeping Newborns Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.