Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby (13403 Views)

Pregnant Abuja Lady Dies Weeks After Her Baby Shower (Photo) / Woman Gave Birth In A Hospital Toilet And Almost Flushed Her Baby (Photos) / 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by dokyOloye: 12:16am On Apr 25, 2019
thatigboman:
no. Hospitals are supposed to be well equipped. First, they treat the sick and bill the parents later.
I dont go general hospitals, so I dont experience such rubbish. Hospitals have treated my wife and family before, provided thermometer and all sorts and billed me over 100k and i paid.
I cant imagine taking my sick child to the hospital and first thing nurse will ask is for me to go and buy thermometer. I will bring that hospital down. What if in the process of buying the thermometer, the child dies.
This is a children's hospital for heaven's sake. They should at leave have thermometers in stock.
You jus de here de boast.
Bring wetin down?
If you go to any govt hospital and constitute nuisance, You will be locked up and nothing will happen.
The nurse or doctor you are going to shout on, are they in charge of stores or supplies?
When they bring their own relatives to the hospitals,They also go out and and buy,the thermometers won't appear mysteriously.
Nigeria is presently a shithole ,no sector including the health sector is spared of the rot and decay.
govt hospitals are presently miracle centres where workers do much with so little.In many hospitals, money for diesel na war.
If that Gen hospital starts charging 100k like you were charged,how many ppl can afford it?
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by nwanyionitsha: 1:36am On Apr 25, 2019
Bighead9:

Ji bakin shi kaman Akuya. grin grin grin
Drink some agbo....

1 Like

Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by mikolo80: 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
otokx:
As usual, money was provided by the state government but diverted by the big men at the top who do very little of the work.
she voted for the big men
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by mikolo80: 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
BigBashiru:
Africans are the cursed descendants of Ham/Canaan. This is my personal opinion and I am entitled to have my opinion. Prove the curse wrong by being developed and civilized and act appropriately like UK.
and what will you be doing?
Waiting like baboon to chop monkey development and civilisation ba?
Re: Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby by Cityguy: 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
sexybaby22:
Its normal in govt hospitals. And the thermometers are cheap nowadays, less than 500 naira. Ideally you won't want to share such a device with someone else that you don't know what brought them to the hospital. Those govt nurses might not clean it properly before using on the next patient so its better to have your own thermometer.
She is not wise. What they asked her to do is best esp in this era of lassa and ebola. It's a precautionary measure most hospitals have adopted. Responses read here even show most people are uninformed about such issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N2 Billion Fake Drugs Destroyed By NAFDAC In Ogun (Photos) / Hippolite Amadi Wins $100,000 Prize For Work In Keeping Newborns Alive / 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.