Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep (2201 Views)

The History Of Lexus And Milestones Reached From 1989 To 2019 / Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy / Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by eleazon(m): 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hi house,
Please who knows the cost of maintaining a Lexus jeep- RX 300, 1999 model and does it have a fuel economy?
Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by EngRichie: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2019
SUVs (Jeeps) relatively don't have good fuel economy including RX300.
Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by nurey(m): 7:31am On Apr 25, 2019
eleazon:
Hi house,
Please who knows the cost of maintaining a Lexus jeep- RX 300, 1999 model and does it have a fuel economy?

cost of maintaining a car is relative not fixed for same car driven by same person for same distance. but cost of maintenance can be identical.

maintenance for engine
full synthetic oil and filter for 6months/8000km is around 18k to 25k depending on brand you are buying. 5litres would be ok for the 1MZ.

Then you may need to change gear the total MVLV fluid would do the trick at 3500/L you will need 4L.

since yours is the 1999 model your exact engine should be the 1MZ without VVTI

fuel economy is

12L per 100km city and 10L per 100km highway your vehicle could do better depending on condition of vehicle, load car is carrying and traffic conditions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by kingreign(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2019
nurey:

cost of maintaining a car is relative not fixed for same car driven by same person for same distance. but cost of maintenance can be identical.

maintenance for engine
full synthetic oil and filter for 6months/8000km is around 18k to 25k depending on brand you are buying. 5litres would be ok for the 1MZ.

Then you may need to change gear the total MVLV fluid would do the trick at 3500/L you will need 4L.

fuel economy is

12L per 100km city and 10L per 100km highway your vehicle could do better depending on condition of vehicle, load car is carrying and traffic conditions.
His engine is very very VVT-i(ed)
Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by kingreign(m): 9:13am On Apr 25, 2019
eleazon:
Hi house,
Fuel economy only and SUVs don't go hand in hand. Why not join our whatsapp group to learn more and keep up to maintenance of your car.
Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by nurey(m): 9:48am On Apr 25, 2019
kingreign:

His engine is very very VVT-i(ed)

yes I have seen where my mistake stems from. The harrier V6 uses non VVTi while the US market doesn't.

The funny thing is that I have see highlander also with this non VVTI engine and according to Toyota they never fitted it with it. Guess it's a way for kazeem to cut cost

1 Like

Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by eleazon(m): 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
EngRichie post=7
kingreign:

Fuel economy only and SUVs don't go hand in hand. Why not join our whatsapp group to learn more and keep up to maintenance of your car.
7823477:

SUVs (Jeeps) relatively don't have good fuel economy including RX300.

Thanks
Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by eleazon(m): 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
nurey:

maintenance for engine

fuel economy is

Thanks for this detailed explanation
Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by ojeysky(m): 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
nurey:

fuel economy is

I doubt 1mz will give this good fuel economy
Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by nurey(m): 9:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
ojeysky:

I doubt 1mz will give this good fuel economy
I have been using 1mz since 2014 and done alot of calculation so I know
Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by ojeysky(m): 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2019
nurey:

I have been using 1mz since 2014 and done alot of calculation so I know

Okay thats super cool, i do 1L to 11km on my Yaris and certainly much lower than that on my 1mz highlander. By the way what body is your 1mz engine carrying? an SUV or Sedan?
Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by nurey(m): 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
ojeysky:

Okay thats super cool, i do 1L to 11km on my Yaris and certainly much lower than that on my 1mz highlander. By the way what body is your 1mz engine carrying? an SUV or Sedan?

Toyota sienna 2000, if your Highlander is AWD then you shouldn't expect something close to the sienna. only the fwd Highlander or RX has identical fuel economy.

Also depending on what 1mz you have whether it's vvti or non vvti then ofcourse any highway speed greater than 90km/h don't expect anything close to manufacturer stats.

manufacturer stats for highway is between 60 to 90km/h
Re: Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep by ojeysky(m): 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2019
nurey:

Toyota sienna 2000, if your Highlander is AWD then you shouldn't expect something close to the sienna. only the fwd Highlander or RX has identical fuel economy.

Also depending on what 1mz you have whether it's vvti or non vvti then ofcourse any highway speed greater than 90km/h don't expect anything close to manufacturer stats.

manufacturer stats for highway is between 60 to 90km/h

I guess that explains it then; mine is vvti/AWD and I get around 1L to 6/7km

(1) (Reply)

A Hyundai Tucson Against A Civic / Engine Oil For Honda Accord / Attn: Changing 3.0L Engine To 1.8L Or 2.0L In Mitsubishi Sigma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.