Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Why Plateau State Is So Cold - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Plateau State Is So Cold (2184 Views)

I Don't Like Raining Season,so Cold!! If You Are Like This;don't Ignore This... / Flood Sweeps Away Pregnant Woman, Kills Two Others In Plateau State / Weird!siberian Village Is So Cold That People's Eyelashes Are Freezing (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Plateau State Is So Cold by JollofNgBlog: 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2019
Have you ever imagined why Plateau State is so cold? Well lets get to know the reason.

First of all, Plateau State was coined from word ‘Plateau’which means extensive elevated uplands.

With the above definition of Plateau, we can tell that Plateau state is located on an extensive high ground.

The reason why Plateau State is so cold is because of the height(also known as Altitude)of the state above sea level.

According to Wikipedia.com,Plateau is on an average altitude of 1280 m.

We should be aware that, the higher you go,the cooler it becomes. The temperature reduces by 6.5°c for every 1000metre of ascent.

High altitudes also contain less dust and water vapour and so allow heat to escape easily and thus remain cold.

So Plateau State is so cold because of its high altitude

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Plateau State Is So Cold by meobizy(f): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2019
If the place really was that cold then the indigenes will have problems acclimatising to other states' climate.
All the guys I know from Plateau state never for once complained about the heat during my university days.
They also never looked any fresher than the average Nigerian from hot climates.

(1) (Reply)

I’ve Lost Everything Because Of My Leaked Nude Video – Widow / Public Figures/politicians In Nigeria And Their ZODIAC SIGN. / Leaked Sex Tape: Controversial Ghanaian Rapper, Itz Tiffany Releases Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.