Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Please How Do I Stop This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please How Do I Stop This (12007 Views)

How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2019
Goodmorning all.
Please, I have this character of avoiding people in real life. I avoid talking to people or even greeting people.
I'd prefer taking a longer path than meeting someone I know through a route that's closer to where I'm headed.
Last two week, I changed route from my normal routine path of reaching the destination of where I work cos, someone said I always pass him without greeting
I'm kind of worried cos it might affect me in the future.
I'd stay indoor and pretend to be sick rather than see a visitor at home.
How do I stop this? Thank you.

19 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Henry22(m): 7:49am On Apr 25, 2019
Are u an introvert.......?

4 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 7:49am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:
Goodmorning all.
Please, I have this character of avoiding people in real life. I avoid talking to people or even greeting people.
I'd prefer taking a longer path than meeting someone I know through a route that's closer to where I'm headed.
Last two week, I changed route from my normal routine path of reaching the destination of where I work cos, someone said I always pass him without greeting

Are you born in August or September?

Are you from the South South?
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Henry22(m): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2019
If u continue with such an irritating lifestyle then tell me how you will make it in life and the worst part is that ur even a female......
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 7:55am On Apr 25, 2019
Henry22:
Are u an introvert.......?
Yes, I only talk to people I know and conversant with.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 7:56am On Apr 25, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Are you born in August or September?

Are you from the South South?
Nope.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 7:58am On Apr 25, 2019
Henry22:
If u continue with such an irritating lifestyle then tell me how you will make it in life and the worst part is that ur even a female......
Stop, this is not an advise sir.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by spyg1(m): 7:59am On Apr 25, 2019
If you're doing as you said and they no born you well, you're ugly. Forget it in life.

My best advice: Join a society in the Church or find an outgoing person and attach yourself to HIM/her

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:08am On Apr 25, 2019
spyg1:
If you're doing as you said and they no born you well, you're ugly. Forget it in life.

My best advice: Join a society in the Church or find an outgoing person and attach yourself to HIM/her
Lol. Attention isn't my problem cos I get loads of it each time I step out.
I just find it difficult to relate with people.
I belong to a church society and I was still doing that.
I Sometimes, stopped going cos it was energy demanding. Talkng and greeting people.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:10am On Apr 25, 2019
You're introverted. Caused by hurt, disappointment, lack of trust in people. Bad memories from the past or a strong mistrust for people is the underlying cause of the problem.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by iTearHerToto: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2019
Get a kind guy to Fvck enough courage inside you. I repeat a kind guy

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by dennel(m): 8:14am On Apr 25, 2019
Ts solved since you see it as a problem yourself...! You only have to work on yourself; nobody wud help you out of dt Buh yourself*

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:17am On Apr 25, 2019
MiddleSpot:
You're introverted. Caused by hurt, disappointment, lack of trust in people. Bad memories from the past or a strong mistrust for people is the underlying cause of the problem.
Definitely one of the above.
But then, even when I was little, I still had those characters.

It's too bad that people don't even know that I'm a daughter to a popular man in our society. Cos i avoid going out with my dad/mum so that i wont get to meet people or greet them. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:18am On Apr 25, 2019
iTearHerToto:
Get a kind guy to Fvck enough courage inside you. I repeat a kind guy
Shut up. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:24am On Apr 25, 2019
You're very normal. I'm like that too. undecided
I even hate seeing people around me or want to visit me because I feel they disturb my peace and it annoys me a lot.

I can even pretend not to see someone so I don't greet that person. I think I have mental issues. undecided
Anyone who comes to oppose my point will be thrown into the fiery furnace. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:29am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Definitely one of the above.
But then, even when I was little, I still had those characters.

It's too bad that people don't even know that I'm a daughter to a popular man in our society. Cos i avoid going out with my dad/mum so that i wont get to meet people or greet them. cry cry

I've walked this road. You need to change your perspective about people. I. E that people aren't just troublemakers but come with blessings only a relationship can bring you in contact with.

It begins by confronting whatever happened in the past facing it and making peace with it. Forgiving is the door that leads to wholeness. This is how it's taught is psychiatry.

In a room alone or front of a mirror. Point your finger and begin to say to the situation like it's a person pointing your finger, saying you hurt me badly, you did this and this and that and it hurt me real bad. You really hurt me, open up all that transpired. Do this each time you feel introverted for some time. Shouldn't be more than 3 weeks if done right, multiple times. As your heart opens up, the situation should release its grip, freshness will come in and you can begin to walk a different path.

Environmental gmfactors also induces this. Jesus how I wish I can type to explain cry

If you can hide your number and give me a call, I want to say something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Ishilove: 8:30am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Yes, I only talk to people I know and conversant with.
Will greeting kill you? You are not the only introvert in the world so you don't have any excuses for not greeting. Being courteous does not automatically mean you're friends with them. It just shows you're a well adjusted human being.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:32am On Apr 25, 2019
Ishilove:

Will greeting kill you? You are not the only introvert in the world so you don't have any excuses for not greeting. Being courteous does not automatically mean you're friends with them. It just shows you're a well adjusted human being.

Not like that. Many times it's triggered when kids experience their parents divorce at very young age.

6 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Not like that. Many times it's triggered when kids experience their parents divorce at very young age.

Hmm. Are you a psychiatrist?
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Martin0(m): 8:35am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:
Goodmorning all.

be like say you dey get trust issues?
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:36am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
You're very normal. I'm like that too. undecided
I even hate seeing people around me or want to visit me because I feel they disturb my peace and it annoys me a lot.

I can even pretend not to see someone so I don't greet that person. I think I have mental issues. undecided
Anyone who comes to oppose my point will be thrown into the fiery furnace. undecided
Lol. Exactly how I behave.
Sometimes I might feel bored, but I still don't want people or friends around.

I'm the type that's loved by friends, but I see it as a disturbance.
When I was in school, I lived in 3 different hostels, I only got to talk to 4 people in total and it was during my 500level period.

Mines that I'm worried cos of the future, my in-laws, co workers and all.
Is that how I'm gonna distance myself from people?? Won't it affect my life and communication level in a team wprk oriented environment?

4 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:37am On Apr 25, 2019
Martin0:

be like say you dey get trust issues?
I mean, even for old people.
This scary and it's becoming worse everyday.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:37am On Apr 25, 2019
Ishilove:

I don't think you know what being an introvert entails. For an introvert, publicly expressing him/herself is draining, and will find every possible means not to relate with the public if chances present it/themselves.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:38am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hmm. Are you a psychiatrist?

I read your thread. Do you know they say habits form by doing things repeatedly overtime for a period of 20days. Begin to let people win you in arguments voluntarily not proving your right.

Declutter your mind by changing the movies you watch and friends you hang out with

Stay away from controversial circumstances

Make new friends new company, do things differently. If you do this, mental flexibility will be developed and you can see people as they are right or wrong and accommodate them better

Finally, learn to be responsive not reactive. Wait till you hear the last word from people before you talk. Practice silence and thought management. Do not let your thoughts roam and rule you over.

8 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Maverickking1(m): 8:39am On Apr 25, 2019
Henry22:

If you know you don't have anything constructive or helpful to say then you should've avoided this thread.

11 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:39am On Apr 25, 2019
Ishilove:

Greeting people has a way of connecting you with them or making them become friends with You, cos, they will always get to talk to you when greeting starts coming.
That's what I try to avoid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Maverickking1(m): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

When I was in school, I lived in 3 different hostels, I only got to talk to 4 people in total and it was during my 500level period.

Is that how I'm gonna distance myself from people?? Won't it affect my life and communication level in a team wprk oriented environment?

I think you should read up on avoidant personality disorder. It's something that comes with being an introvert.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:41am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Greeting people has a way of connecting you with them or making them become friends with You, cos, they will always get to talk to you when greeting starts coming.
That's what I try to avoid.

Enforced isolation and detachment. Notice you say they would want to get connected. I. E. They would want to ask you for things and you want to be connected with people but without them hanging their issues on you. Change how you see people. I already tell you, that people carry blessings and it's you who needs them. Or give people the benefit of a doubt that Afterall they haven't hurt you yet. Insecurities and fear of the unknown makes this a more complex social issue

6 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:42am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I don't think you know what being an introvert entails. For an introvert, publicly expressing him/herself is draining, and will find every possible means not to relate with the public if chances present it/themselves.
Thank you.
I avoid every chance of talking to/with people.
There's this neighbour that started coming close to me, trying to gist with me and all, I still find it irritating.

I just don't like talking to people, I really wish to stop but it's getting serious. cry

4 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:42am On Apr 25, 2019
Maverickking1:

I think you should read up on avoidant personality disorder. It's something that comes with being an introvert.

Perfect. She's been avoidant.

And it destroys marriages and relations.

It forces people to assume the worse can happen even when nothing is wrong. It also forces its victim to function in a crisis mode. I need to be detached so I can be free to run if problem arises.

It's a default flight mode personality that's forming in her. It's like wooo I don't have time once any shiitty start, I go japa.

4 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:42am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Your last paragraph summarizes it all. I'm worried about the same thing too. I can't even sustain new relationships because I feel I don't need anybody. I just drift off..

I think you need a therapist abi na psychiatrist. I even need it more.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:45am On Apr 25, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Enforced isolation and detachment. Notice you say they would want to get connected. I. E. They would want to ask you for things and you want to be connected with people but without them hanging their issues on you. Change how you see people. I already tell you, that people carry blessings and it's you who needs them. Or give people the benefit of a doubt that Afterall they haven't hurt you yet. Insecurities and fear of the unknown makes this a more complex social issue
Thanks, I will be putting this into practise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Some Women Hate And Maltreat Their Househelps? / Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better? / I Dey Vex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.