Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) (52731 Views)

Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition / Enwere Kingsley Ikenna Wins National Maths Competition (Photo) / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by 360NGUpdates: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2019
Girl Born Without Hands Wins National Handwriting Competition (Photo)

A 10-year-old girl with no hands have gone viral after she had an audacious win in a National Handwriting Competition.

Parents and educators have been worrying about the “dying art” of handwriting for years, as smartphones and laptops have lead some classrooms to spend less and less time on teaching the fine art of writing in cursive.

Sara Hinesley, a third-grade student in Frederick, Md., though, finds writing cursive “kind of easy”, using her cursive skills to win a national handwriting competition. It’s an impressive feat made even more impressive due to the fact that the 10-year old was born without hands.

Hinesley, who writes by holding her pencil between the ends of her arms, was trained in the fine art of penmanship by her teacher and quickly learned to love writing. “She can do just about anything — oftentimes better than me or my husband,” her mother, Cathryn Hinesley, told CNN.

Hinesley entered the 2019 Zaner-Bloser National Handwriting Contest, and the judges were so impressed with her perfect penmanship that she won the Nicholas Maxim Award, which is given to an entrant with a physical, developmental, or intellectual disability. The award comes with a trophy and $500 in prize money as well as $500 in educational materials for her school.

@

https://360ng.com.ng/girl-born-without-hands-wins-national-handwriting-competition-photo/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2019
Ag shocked
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by mikejj(m): 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
wow....am inspired... God is great

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 2:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
mikejj:
Wetin concern god for this matter now Or did you see them mention any god there

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Jentle244: 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bluezy13:

Wetin concern god for this matter now
Or did you see them mention any god there

If u no get God na wetin u gain

197 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jentle244:

If u no get God na wetin u gain

Independence, Reality and Liberation.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Jentle244: 3:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bluezy13:

Reality, Freewill and Independence.

God has given this to all of us but some of us like u misuse it

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jentle244:

God has given this to all of us but some of us like u misuse it

He gave it to you and still holds you ransom.
He gave you freewill and still punishes you for your choice. Didn't he know you'll choose a particular way from the beginning??
He knew you'll choose to disobey him even before you were created...he knew you before you were formed and your purpose (Jeremiah chapter 1.) and that you'll get punished for it (Revelation chapter 21), he still sheepishly went ahead to create you (Genesis chapter 1:27, 5:2) and he turns around to blame you for it (Ezekiel 18 and Jeremiah 31:30).

And then to round it up, this same god tells you that there is a solution for it by allowing us to kill his only son for you to believe in the poor son (John 3:16) that he...the son... brought grace which will save you (Ephesians 2:8&9, Romance 3...7).

Is this god not confused

And before you call me names for writing this piece, you should blame this same god first for giving me the opportunity to write it, without killing me before now.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by mikejj(m): 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bluezy13:

Wetin concern god for this matter now
Or did you see them mention any god there
God not god oo Bros.. U don't have education ni..

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
mikejj:
God not god oo Bros.. U don't have education ni..

As a freethinker, there is no difference.
And education has nothing to do with it.
The differences is ascribed even in lexicons just for the purpose of distinction and to make theists such as Christians and islams happy...with the feelings that they respect their god.

But realistically, no difference.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by catalan15(m): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bluezy13:

The differences is ascribed even in lexicons just for the purpose of distinction and to make theists such as Christians and islams happy...with the feelings that they respect their god.

As far as I'm concern,You are Right @tleast Judging by the argument Above...Let's see if there would be somebody with a more Superior Point........

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Jentle244: 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bluezy13:

He gave you freewill and still punishes you for your choice. Didn't he know you'll choose a particular way from the beginning??
He knew you'll choose to disobey him even before you were created (Jeremiah chapter 1.) and that you'll get punished for it (Revelation chapter 21), he still sheepishly went ahead to create you (Genesis chapter 1:27, 5:2) and he turns around to blame you for it (Ezekiel 18 and Jeremiah 31:30).

And then to round it up, this same god tells you that there is a solution for it by allowing us to kill his only son for you to believe in the poor son (John 3:16) that he...the son... brought grace which will save you (Ephesians 2:8&9, Romance 3...7).

Is this god not confused

And before you call me names for writing this piece, you should blame this same god first for giving me the opportunity to write it, without killing me before now.

u are seriously pained by something I don't know of. but keep this at the back of your mind

JESUS LOBES YOU AND STILL DO.

just watch that movie God is not Dead I believe and pray that your mentality about all this atheist stuff will change.

Gracias

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jentle244:

u are seriously pained by something I don't know of. but keep this at the back of your mind

JESUS LOBES YOU AND STILL DO.

just watch that movie God is not Dead I believe and pray that your mentality about all this atheist stuff will change.

Gracias

I should watch a movie

We are discussing reality and you're referring me to a movie...concocted by people of your calibre of faith.
I made reference to your own scriptures, quoting points and you're referring me to a movie.

I'm done.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by mikejj(m): 5:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bluezy13:

alright sir. May your English remain with you sir

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
mikejj:
alright sir. May your English remain with you sir

Adeus...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by timesfive: 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
She really has a good handwriting oo...

Read my signature below
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by kushercain: 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bluezy13:

Adeus...

I'm on the road currently. I will quote you and debunk those points you raised above. Scripture for scripture. Just be open minded, stop thinking you're intellectually liberated and an elite in these kind of matters, cos spiritual matters are fragile. Give me some time

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by lomprico(m): 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Dshocker(m): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Incredible
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Dottore: 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ok she's Asian. They thrive in any intellectually driven challenge especially Chinese whether physically challenged or not.

4 Likes

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Plaouse(m): 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
wow
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
It can only be the US.
God’s Own Country
In NIGERIA she would have served as a BAIT for ritual purposes.

Some will go for her SKULL and mine it off

4 Likes

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Gosj01(m): 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
Great, but was it won on the writing or appearance?

I sell cheap and super neat laptops.

My signature speaks volume.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by TissuePaper: 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Amazing
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Dottore: 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Xjmdhdj444444:
Prove below
Demon, thief
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by cobsol(m): 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bluezy13:

He knew you'll choose to disobey him even before you were created...he knew you before you were formed and your purpose (Jeremiah chapter 1.) and that you'll get punished for it (Revelation chapter 21), he still sheepishly went ahead to create you (Genesis chapter 1:27, 5:2) and he turns around to blame you for it (Ezekiel 18 and Jeremiah 31:30).

Is this god not confused

You are a small boy, I have seen your profile picture

2 Likes

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Uyi168: 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
mikejj:
The same God that forgot to create hands for her..
He works in mischievous ways sha
lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ability in disability is called inner strength.
Congratulations baby...

2 Likes

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by ishawlar: 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
Able God..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fresh Graduate Wore "Cheated In Every Exam" T-shirt (Pictured) / WAEC 2013 May/June Examination Timetable. / NUC Releases List Of Illegal Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.