Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) (52820 Views)

Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition / Enwere Kingsley Ikenna Wins National Maths Competition (Photo) / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 8:16am On Apr 26, 2019
Noel1:

My Belle o grin grin grin grin grin
He he he...
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 8:17am On Apr 26, 2019
BuyACar:

The idea or teaching that God completely foreknows the future is not true. It is not biblical. It is not what the Bible teaches.

This two accounts helps to understand this.

(Gen. 18:20, 21; 22:12)

It'll be unreasonable to give us freewill and start checking into our future.

His choice to foreknow the future is selective. He only uses for cases of achieving his holy purpose.

Because he has an ability doesn't mean he uses everytime. God is perfect and balances the use of his powers. He doesn't misuse his powers.

"
The idea or teaching that God [b]completely
foreknows the future is not true. It is not biblical. It is not what the Bible teaches."[/b]

This means he is not omnipotent and omnipresent. OK.

"
His choice to foreknow the future is selective. He only uses for cases of achieving his holy purpose.

Because he has an ability doesn't mean he uses everytime"

Now contradict your points.

Tell me, is it not until you have something completely before you become selective

A beggar does not have a choice because he has no control over what should be given to him. If he had control over it, then he wouldn't be selective.
If god is not completely in control of the future and the past (neither omnipotent nor omnipresent), then selectivity (choice) is not in his power.

That is the contradiction in your view.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by yullah: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2019
Bluezy13:

He gave it to you and still holds you ransom.
He gave you freewill and still punishes you for your choice. Didn't he know you'll choose a particular way from the beginning??
He knew you'll choose to disobey him even before you were created...he knew you before you were formed and your purpose (Jeremiah chapter 1.) and that you'll get punished for it (Revelation chapter 21), he still sheepishly went ahead to create you (Genesis chapter 1:27, 5:2) and he turns around to blame you for it (Ezekiel 18 and Jeremiah 31:30).

And then to round it up, this same god tells you that there is a solution for it by allowing us to kill his only son for you to believe in the poor son (John 3:16) that he...the son... brought grace which will save you (Ephesians 2:8&9, Romance 3...7).

Is this god not confused

And before you call me names for writing this piece, you should blame this same god first for giving me the opportunity to write it, without killing me before now.

FREE WILL
You don’t understand what free will means. God could have actually made humans robot and have no option, programmed to do what he wants but the free will is that you can make choices. We have freedom to make choices about whom we want to be, whom we want as our friends, and what we want to do with our life unlike animals that are guided by instinct.
God had shown us the right way and what he himself wants (Matthew 22:37,38). Many are misusing the free will choosing disobedient way when majorly he had shown us what is right (Deuteronomy 30: 19,20)

THE REASON THE SON WAS KILLED
Going by our first parents Adam and Eve, God have them free will that was misused. He placed them in a beautiful garden and gave rule Genesis 2:16,17. (No doubt rules govern any organizations)
But they allowed the Devil to mislead. The Devil wanted them to believe that he would be better ruler than God and that they did not need God. Adam and Eve disobeyed God and rebelled against Him. They thought that they had the right to decide for themselves what was right and what was wrong. Through this they sold “US” their descendants into sin.
In other to redeem us from sin of our first parents because we are innocent. God provided his son so that he can redeem us from sin of our first parents. So whoever believes in the son and chooses to obey God have the forgiveness from sin of Adam and Eve. Romans 5:12,19. John 3:16 and John3:36

REASON WHY YOU ARE NOT KILLED
God knows you are acting out of ignorance waiting for you to repent. Isaiah 55:7-9, act 3:19
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by mikejj(m): 9:08am On Apr 26, 2019
Bluezy13:

The question is:
Did you see them mention God in the writeup
no they did not .. What else do you have to say....

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 9:43am On Apr 26, 2019
mikejj:
no they did not .. What else do you have to say....

Next time
Look before you leap
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Kayboy123(m): 9:44am On Apr 26, 2019
If nah Naija my country, opportunity to beg don surface be that.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Arabiyyas: 10:15am On Apr 26, 2019
amazing
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by CalciumB3: 10:19am On Apr 26, 2019
Bluezy13:

Go through my writeup, tell me where i argued about the nonexistence of a higher intelligence with respect to natural things such as the sky and the seas
so who created them?
Don't tell me they came out of nowhere

And you were talking about some Bible references earlier. The mistake we make is that we only comment on that particular phrase or sentence, we don't read about what has happened before or after those sentences were made. See am not a bible scholar but I read my Bible and whenever I come across something that I don't understand, I move closer to people with higher knowledge to explain it to me.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by BuyACar(f): 10:24am On Apr 26, 2019
Bluezy13:

"
The idea or teaching that God [b]completely
foreknows the future is not true. It is not biblical. It is not what the Bible teaches."[/b]

This means he is not omnipotent and omnipresent. OK.

"

Because he has an ability doesn't mean he uses everytime"

Now contradict your points.

Tell me, is it not until you have something completely before you become selective

A beggar does not have a choice because he has no control over what should be given to him. If he had control over it, then he wouldn't be selective.
If god is not completely in control of the future and the past (neither omnipotent nor omnipresent), then selectivity (choice) is not in his power.

That is the contradiction in your view.

He is omnipotent but not omnipresent (Rev 15:3, Psa 115:16)

He is in control of the future that relates to achieving his will for the earth. He is not in control of the future of every human individual or in control of their lives.

He is selective is no contradiction. Say you have the power to carry every car. Would you be foolish to carry every car you see on the road because you were powerful?

He's powerful to see into our lives but he does not because that'll be intruding into our privacy. After all he has given us freewill to choose what we want. He doesn't punish for the wrong decisions, we only bear the consequences of the choices we make.

For instance they're traffic rules. Breaking those rules can bring disaster to yourself and even other people's lives. It is just a natural consequence of our actions.

For those who persist in such wrong actions he has decided to clear them away to avoid endangering the lives of others.

I perceive you are in the hold of the wrong kind of knowledge about God. Many churches do too.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Rozaytee: 10:49am On Apr 26, 2019
Bluezy13:

Independence, Reality and Liberation.
ode
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by oyetunder(m): 10:52am On Apr 26, 2019
Bluezy13:

Independence, Reality and Liberation.
plus stupidity and foolishness.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 10:53am On Apr 26, 2019
BuyACar:

He is omnipotent but not omnipresent (Rev 15:3, Psa 115:16)

He is in control of the future that relates to achieving his will for the earth. He is not in control of the future of every human individual or in control of their lives.

He is selective is no contradiction. Say you have the power to carry every car. Would you be foolish to carry every car you see on the road because you were powerful?

He's powerful to see into our lives but he does not because that'll be intruding into our privacy. After all he has given us freewill to choose what we want. He doesn't punish for the wrong decisions, we only bear the consequences of the choices we make.

For instance they're traffic rules. Breaking those rules can bring disaster to yourself and even other people's lives. It is just a natural consequence of our actions.

For those who persist in such wrong actions he has decided to clear them away to avoid endangering the lives of others.

I perceive you are in the hold of the wrong kind of knowledge about God. Many churches do too.

" He is selective is no contradiction. Say you have
the power to carry every car. Would you be
foolish to carry every car you see on the road
because you were powerful?"

Say you have the power to carry every car, and car is blocking the road as an obstruction; will you not carry the car off the road ??

1 Like

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 11:01am On Apr 26, 2019
CalciumB3:
so who created them?
Don't tell me they came out of nowhere

And you were talking about some Bible references earlier. The mistake we make is that we only comment on that particular phrase or sentence, we don't read about what has happened before or after those sentences were made. See am not a bible scholar but I read my Bible and whenever I come across something that I don't understand, I move closer to people with higher knowledge to explain it to me.

The argument is nor about the who created man. The argument is about the relationship between a supposed creator(God) and his creation (man).
Please, for understanding sake, carefully go through the writeup and understand the bone of contention.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 11:05am On Apr 26, 2019
oyetunder:
plus stupidity and foolishness.

Go through all my arguments on this issue, you'll understand that I don't argue with Immature minds.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2019
Rozaytee:
ode

Is this what your god/God taught you
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by BuyACar(f): 11:56am On Apr 26, 2019
Bluezy13:

" He is selective is no contradiction. Say you have
the power to carry every car. Would you be
foolish to carry every car you see on the road
because you were powerful?"

Say you have the power to carry every car, and car is blocking the road as an obstruction; will you not carry the car off the road ??

You still don't understand what is FREE WILL.

We have the choice to do in life what we want.

I was once playing PES games. I was standing in front of the computer goal keeper and instead of him moving away from me he went ahead and shot the ball anyway. The ball hit me & I pushed it into the net. The keeper couldn't do otherwise cos that's the way he was programmed.

We are not animals or robots. And we cannot be forced to act in a certain way (that is obey the creator).

I do hope this sinks.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by oyetunder(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2019
Bluezy13:

Go through all my arguments on this issue, you'll understand that I don't argue with Immature minds.
I don't go thru moronic arguments too.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by mikejj(m): 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
Bluezy13:

Next time
Look before you leap
grin next time know it's because there is God that's why you can breathe..

Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by olyrayy(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2019
Bluezy13:

Alright...
I'll try.
Thanks

You're welcome.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by olyrayy(m): 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
BuyACar:

You still don't understand what is FREE WILL.

We have the choice to do in life what we want.

I was once playing PES games. I was standing in front of the computer goal keeper and instead of him moving away from me he went ahead and shot the ball anyway. The ball hit me & I pushed it into the net. The keeper couldn't do otherwise cos that's the way he was programmed.

We are not animals or robots. And we cannot be forced to act in a certain way (that is obey the creator).

I do hope this sinks.

Have you read Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harrari?
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by BuyACar(f): 2:37pm On Apr 26, 2019
olyrayy:

Have you read Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harrari?

I just googled it now, it talks about the humans coming from animals.

What about it?
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by catalan15(m): 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
Rozaytee:
ode
Why The Insult?Respect People Opinion even if u are not in support....
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by olyrayy(m): 3:47am On Apr 27, 2019
BuyACar:

I just googled it now, it talks about the humans coming from animals.

What about it?

What separates humans from animals is the ability to create shared fiction in their minds. Animals mostly act according to their genes and their "programming". They have sex when it's time, sleep when it's time, and so on. Humans are different because we can convince ourselves to mostly go against our programming. We do this by creating shared fiction and beliefs in our minds. \

About freewill though, humans are not entirely the free, rational beings you think they are. If you understand psychology indepth, you'll know that humans can be easily manipulated just like animals. We're just one step ahead...
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by BuyACar(f): 9:01am On Apr 27, 2019
olyrayy:

What separates humans from animals is the ability to create shared fiction in their minds. Animals mostly act according to their genes and their "programming". They have sex when it's time, sleep when it's time, and so on. Humans are different because we can convince ourselves to mostly go against our programming. We do this by creating shared fiction and beliefs in our minds. \

About freewill though, humans are not entirely the free, rational beings you think they are. If you understand psychology indepth, you'll know that humans can be easily manipulated just like animals. We're just one step ahead...

Look at the bolded. A dictionary can be of help.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by yanabasee(m): 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
Bluezy13:

If you.. as a parent...has the power to change such a child, will you not do it

In relation to god, does it mean he does not have that power to change his creation automatically

If he does, then what stops him

Since he didn't, then he should be blamed.

God has the power to compel all human to worship him....Or change anything or kill anyone. But that can't make him a true God.. A true God will allow people to worship him because they've come to realized him in their lives...

God has his reasons to not do anything...His reasons are best known to him..

Just like a parent, it's not every thing they get to punish their children for..... They also forgive and give them a chance to repent and change.....
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 28, 2019
mikejj:
grin next time know it's because there is God that's why you can breathe..
He breathes because he has a nose.
Re: Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) by mikejj(m): 10:15am On Apr 29, 2019
Freehuman:

He breathes because he has a nose.
well since that is the level of your understanding.....may your understanding remain with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days / Innoson Redeems Car-Pledge To Chigozie, IMSU's Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.