Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,226 members, 7,849,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:08 AM

Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched (36614 Views)

Nigeria’s Lifebank Commences Drone Delivery Of Medical Supplies / World's Largest Medical Drone Delivery Service Takes Off In GHANA. / Watch:First-ever Drone Delivery Of A Kidney Ends With Successful Transplant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by henritinecy(m): 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
o

6 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Olulinks(m): 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

Can u back that up with facts ? ....people just talk anyhow
Are you blind or retard? What prove do you need again? Can you read and comprehend? Have you been listening to news or just Wizkid and Davido?

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Notatribalist(m): 8:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jman06:
Ghana is doing better than Nigeria in everything
keep quiet.which Ghana is doing better than Nigeria? Is it not the Ghana where I live,or there is another Ghana?

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by wellmax(m): 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
boldaslion:

Shut up. You are very daft not to know that many Nigerians are schooling in Ghana now because Ghanaian schools posses more quality than schools in the Zoo presently

Your ignorance is legendary.
I carry yansh for you oo

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jman06:

Come to the Ghanaian embassy in Abuja and realize how far they have gone ahead of Nigeria

My only joy is my contract will soon be over and I will be leaving Nigeria again but permanently this time..

This country is cursed indeed

3 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by WhoBeThisMan: 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

I said state a single fact ...dont come here to post your emotional feelings as fact
security, ease of doing business, infrastructure, health care etc. Bro leave sentiments aside and face facts
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Jman06(m): 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
LiveByNight:

Come to the Ghanaian embassy in Abuja and realize how far they have gone ahead of Nigeria

My only joy is my contract will soon be over and I will be leaving Nigeria again but permanently this time..

This country is cursed indeed
I tell you! The thing is shameful
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by yesloaded: 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
henritinecy:

I know this does not concern me but let me state my little opinion here maybe it can help.

1. I finished school in 2008 and wrote jamb between 2008 and 2013. My brother 5 consecutive JAMB o. Not that I wasn’t passing the JAMB. I was and the schools were the problem. I was passing the cut off and still, no admission. In 2013, I tried applying to University of Ghana and boom �, I got admitted into university of Ghana to study for information technology. Meanwhile when I applied I only submitted my WAEC certificate to them plus my other credentials. No other exam. I got the admission without writing another exam. Without even going to Ghana for them to access me. I graduated 2017 with 2nd class upper in information technology.

2. All through my stay in Ghana, electricity wasn’t an issue. There is constant light. Where I stayed in Accra (west legon to be precise), there is a phone number you call paraventure there is light out. This might be due to bad weather condition or fallen pole or something. They will give you the exact time the light will be restored if you call them. And 30 minutes before that specific time, you will surely see light. And I never all through that time had a 24 hour light out. NEVER. Sometimes for 4 months or 5 months, the light will never go off.

3. My security was guaranteed. Though one needs to be careful, there was never a day I was robbed or had my properties stolen or whatsoever. Sometimes I don’t lock my door when I leave for lecture. So I come back and everything is in shape. Talking about security, I haven’t seen a bank in Ghana (there might be some though but am speaking about me), that has bank security doors (I mean those ones that reject you if you carrying metallic objects). They have the normal open and close glass doors you see in stores.

4. I never had police come harass me to open my phone. Not for one day did a police man stop me to open my laptop or phone for check. So there was this freedom to go anywhere carrying my properties with confidence.

5. I had a car while I was here. And in Ghana you are required to have just 2 papers in your car. Your road worthiness and your insurance. That’s all. So you paste them at the front of your windscreen. So the police wouldn’t be asking me to bring out all my papers when it’s already out there on the screen. I also had an international drivers license which made me not to have issues with respect to being licensed to drive in their country.

Bros, the list still goes on. Yes, they have their own set backs but not limited to high cost of living, some areas being prone to flood, barrier language due to the fact that some of them does not have western education. But after my service , I took all my stuffs and relocated to Ghana. And at the moment, I am working here in Ghana with an IT firm. I am not going to disclose the name of the firm here but if you want to know who is stating these, my username is ; henrytinecy on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

Sorry for the errors in my write up.
grin

It seems you don't know vitalis, this is why you wrote this long epsitle.
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by murphyibiam15(m): 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
BornagainThief:
have you been to Ghana before?
yes I have... Ghana is far better than Nigeria...just few examples: constant electricity... civilized police and good economy

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Larryslim(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jman06:
The joke is on you! grin
I have ghanians as my coursemate here, and listen to their cries everyday, Ghana isn't doing any better, don't let the internet deceive you!

2 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
murphyibiam15:

yes I have... Ghana is far better than Nigeria...just few examples: constant electricity... civilized police and good economy
so why can't aba IMO Enugu have all these you just mention?
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Larryslim(m): 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

Leave them, they think everything is about light or what the media says.
I have ghanians as my coursemate here, and tbvh i can say it that Ghana isn't doing any better than us!

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
Larryslim:

The joke is on you! grin
I have ghanians as my coursemate here, and listen to their cries everyday, Ghana isn't doing any better, don't let the internet deceive you!
no mind them, na so them they jonez every time.

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by murphyibiam15(m): 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
BornagainThief:
so why can't aba IMO Enugu have all these you just mention?
when afonja stop mining human skull
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Darksider131: 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

I said state a single fact ...dont come here to post your emotional feelings as fact
shut up
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Kamxin(m): 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
All I can see is Ghana government acknoledging the fact that they have failed in healrh delivery and using technology to cover up their failure instead of addressing the root of the problem
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
murphyibiam15:

when afonja stop mining human skull
I know your from igbo lol .

This is the reason why we in the delta will never support your Biafra .because your freaks are too stupid. smiley

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Sleevia: 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jman06:
All indices point to that fact! From education to healthcare, infrastructure and economy generally.
Wake up to the reality and stop being a blind supporter of a failed government
don't waste your time exchanging words with APC apologist.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Sabaru21(m): 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
BlackfireX:
Right now .... It won't be crime if I say, thunder should fire all our leaders in Nigeria

including u
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Jamersirwin1971: 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

Have you been to Ghana before ?? Currently I am in Ghana and been here for 2 months . They are doing far better than Nigeria.

1 . Electricity for two months now there have have been light and it hasn’t even gone off, for once . To even pump your car tyre the valculnizers use electricity .

You have a small scale business the meters given to you is diffent from normal house meters . They are trying to encourage small scales business .

Water self - Ghana water . No borehole here. When you talk about bore hole they will ask you what it is and when you explain , to them looks old fashioned .

Roads number 1 .

Hospitals and pharmacies diffenerent.

Basic amenities to the common
Man here is easy and different . Been in Nigeria for 32 years and have seen where we have light for just 1 week straight . Here 2 months without shaking . Omo bro we have a long way to go .

Until you come here you will know difference . Don’t sit there and be using your back of your head to speak .

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by AnthonyAk(m): 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

its true tho , ghana is a much better country its just they are as populated as us and they have wayy less tribes
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by mrvitalis(m): 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jamersirwin1971:

Have you been to Ghana before ?? Currently I am in Ghana and been here for 2 months . They are doing far better than Nigeria.

1 . Electricity for two months now there have have been light and it hasn’t even gone off, for once . To even pump your car tyre the valculnizers use electricity .

You have a small scale business the meters given to you is diffent from normal house meters . They are trying to encourage small scales business .

Water self - Ghana water . No borehole here. When you talk about bore hole they will ask you what it is and when you explain , to them looks old fashioned .

Roads number 1 .

Hospitals and pharmacies diffenerent.

Basic amenities to the common
Man here is easy and different . Been in Nigeria for 32 years and have seen where we have light for just 1 week straight . Here 2 months without shaking . Omo bro we have a long way to go .

Until you come here you will know difference . Don’t sit there and be using your back of your head to speak .

Do u know what is called facts ?
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by murphyibiam15(m): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
BornagainThief:
I know your from igbo lol .

This is the reason why we in the delta will never support your Biafra .because your freaks are too stupid. smiley
get lost....I'm not a Biafra enthusiast myself so find another talk...you're disappointed I think
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

which fact are you asking of, have you eaten today ?
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
murphyibiam15:

get lost....I'm not a Biafra enthusiast myself so find another talk...you're disappointed I think
look at you catching feelings grin grin

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by AreaFada2: 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
Good
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Wingypants: 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
[qalmost true
uote author=mrvitalis post=77846959]
Can u back that up with facts ? ....people just talk anyhow[/quote]
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Wingypants: 9:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Shame shame shame ..
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Platony(m): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jman06:

Even Yahoo sef they are better than us. grin
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by awuf2008: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

What other facts are you still looking for? Ghana is ahead of Nigeria in nearly all aspects. So no controversy about that.
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by foreshore(m): 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
naijapikin04:

Ghana’s Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, on Wednesday, launched the first ever medical drone delivery service in Ghana, and the largest of such drone delivery network in the world, at Omenako, near Suhum, in the Eastern region.

The ‘Fly-To-Save-A-Life Project’, a collaboration between the Ministry of Health and Zipline Technologies, will provide a rapid response to medical emergencies, especially in hard to reach areas, through the flying of unmanned drones to supply 12 routine and emergency services as well as 148 lifesaving medical products selected by the Ministry of Health.

The Omenako Service Centre, the first of four planned centres, will supply these products to facilities located in the whole of the Eastern Region, and parts of the Volta, Ashanti, Central and Greater Accra Regions. Three other centres are expected to be completed this year to cover most of Ghana.

The service will operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Each centre will be 100% staffed by Ghanaian engineers, health care professionals and logistics personnel, and paid for by the private sector through their corporate social responsibility obligations with no cost to government.

Speaking almost a year to the day since the possibility of setting up a medical drone service in Ghana was broached to him, an elated Vice President Bawumia said the successful launch of the service is yet another example of the triumph of innovation, especially in the use of technology, being championed by the Nana Akufo-Addo government.

Vice President Bawumia was especially delighted that such innovation was being applied to improve access to health care to deprived and hard-to-reach communities, as it forms part of Government’s strategy to reduce inequality and hardships by ensuring the inclusion of every Ghanaian irrespective of status in national development.

“One of the biggest pillars of this government has been how to grow this country without leaving anyone behind; inclusiveness. And one of the ways we are working on is how to use technology to advance our development, improve the ways we do things in our offices, and how to improve citizens’ access to and delivery of the public services they need no matter where they live in this country.

“President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is determined to reduce inequality and hardships for every Ghanaian, especially the disadvantaged. That is why we are implementing Free SHS. This determination informed government’s decision to increase the portion of the District Assemblies Common allocated to Persons Living with Disability by 50%. That is why we restored the Nursing and Teacher Training Allowances cancelled by the previous government, set up the Zongo Development Fund, and are constructing dams in northern Ghana through the One Village One Dam to ensure all year round farming.

https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/04/25/worlds-largest-medical-drone-delivery-service-takes-off-in-ghana/

Na keke Marwa and project wey dem never complete Nigeria and their clueless President dey commission when ordinary Ghana dey commission drones
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by MrMoney55: 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
NIGERIA VICE PRESIDENT SHARING TRADER MONEY 10 000 NAIRA FROM MARKET TO MARKET WHAT A SHAME

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doctors Share Their Experiences With Nigerian Patients / Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her / Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.