Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,857 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:28 PM

Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta (40563 Views)

UK Establishes Visa Centre In Enugu / PHOTO NEWS: Ibeno Beach Tourist Centre / How To Locate Olumo Rock In Abeokuta Direction By Aveecol Ewagoyin And Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by jadeliyi(m): 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2019
madjune:
All i can see are Afonja red roofs everywhere.
you claim to be a christain but just fool of hates we egba lishabi omo oodua not an afonja,the kwarans are afonja thanks
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by watchindelta(m): 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Vool
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by ShenTeh(m): 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
Self and my children were there just yesterday.

Great place
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by madjune(m): 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
jadeliyi:

you claim to be a christain but just fool of hates we egba lishabi omo oodua not an afonja,the kwarans are afonja thanks

Hey take it easy.
I said red roofs.
That's just typical of the scenery there, no hating.

You should be proud of your heritage.
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by highbee02: 11:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
travelwaka:
So I decided to visit the popular Olumo Rock and it was truly a beauty to behold. It is one of the oldest and most popular tourist attraction in Nigeria. It is located in Abeokuta. It has so many historical tales. It serves as a fortress for the then Egba People who used it as a safe house during the war. It was also a perfect vantage point to site incoming enemies. Olumo rock became a tourist attraction in 1976 and was renovated in 2006

gate fee is 1,000 per adult

Enjoy the picture story

Olumo Rock Entrance

Olumo Rock Tourist Complex

Section of the mountain

The Olumo Rock Priestess who is 135 years old

Cross Section of the city from the top of the rock

Source : https://www.travelwaka.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-olumo-rock-tourist-centre/
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by highbee02: 11:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
travelwaka:
The complex and a cross section of the car park

read More and see more pictures here https://www.travelwaka.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-olumo-rock-tourist-centre/
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by madgoat(m): 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
madjune:
Only a flatron head will utter such nonsense undecided
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Topmaike007(m): 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
castrokins:
Brown Roof Republic (BRR)
you mean Brown roof nation? cheesy
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Luvinghubby: 11:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
Government needs to do something about those brown/rusted roofs. When rain falls the water might be contaminated with dangerous toxins because of rust

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by AnthonyAk(m): 11:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
need to travel within nigeria
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by CHIDOHSKI: 11:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
Me don waka reach their too.

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Ttipsy(f): 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
Op pls lemmi say this
is this the skyline of a state capital?? Abeokuta? Ogun state industrial state as a whole

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Kenobi1312(m): 11:34pm On Apr 25, 2019
So that sweet 16 there is 135years old?? Make una take am easy with the bobo nau..
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Ttipsy(f): 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
Luvinghubby:
Government needs to do something about those brown/rusted roofs. When rain falls the water might be contaminated with dangerous toxins because of rust
so simple, govt shud order landlords to change their Rusty roofs. then repaint the buildings if necessary. what a disgrace!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by SheikhMuniru(m): 12:05am On Apr 26, 2019
No Be That Place One Virgin Girl Was Slaughtered For Sacrifice , Ogun State And Ritual Tinx Are 5/6

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:18am On Apr 26, 2019
That woman is not 135 years old. Nigerians and their foolish myth-making.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by MicroBox: 12:36am On Apr 26, 2019
I so Much believed it when I was told Ogun river is coming to great olumo when I asked why is it so visible from top of olumo.
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Franchise21(m): 12:38am On Apr 26, 2019
Was there in 2016. Nice place to visit
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Olawalesmarter(m): 1:37am On Apr 26, 2019
madjune:

Houses that were built when your forefathers were still living in Jungle

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Olawalesmarter(m): 1:38am On Apr 26, 2019
Ttipsy:
Op pls lemmi say this

is this the skyline of a state capital?? Abeokuta?
Ogun state industrial state as a whole

Houses that were built like 200 years ago, people don't live on roof tops
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Olawalesmarter(m): 1:39am On Apr 26, 2019
Topmaike007:
you mean Brown roof nation? cheesy

Houses that were built when your forefathers are still living on trees

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Rossikk(m): 2:29am On Apr 26, 2019
Luvinghubby:

I really don't know why people there are so docile in the face of the clear deterioration of their urban environment caused by these rusty roofs.

There should be state government programs to respray or replace the roofs. It's not rocket science.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Rossikk(m): 2:32am On Apr 26, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Houses that were built when your forefathers were still living in Jungle

Dunce, nobody lived in ''jungle''. A village or small town is not a ''jungle''. Get that into your thick, ignorant skull.

Secondly, those houses in Abeokuta are not old by historical standards. They are mostly 40 to 80 year old houses. That's not old. They simply need to upgrade the roofing and get the houses repainted, and they would look like modern homes. It won't cost a lot to do. It's just nonchalance and laziness that's killing them there. Plus the lack of interest by your type who should be at the forefront of change. Sit there with your pathetic rusty roofs while the rest of the country (and continent) embraces the 21st century.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by incogni2o: 2:48am On Apr 26, 2019
I refuse to beleive the 135 yrs old story
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by tciro: 3:08am On Apr 26, 2019
Op that cool I quite remember when I visited there, there is a place one needs to climb to the top it was so scary and it a must cos if u no climb am then it better u should hve not gone cos that the fun of it all, I did not use the elevator that day when descending I used the stairs grin
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by thatigboman: 3:17am On Apr 26, 2019
travelwaka:
So I decided to visit the popular Olumo Rock and it was truly a beauty to behold. It is one of the oldest and most popular tourist attraction in Nigeria. It is located in Abeokuta. It has so many historical tales. It serves as a fortress for the then Egba People who used it as a safe house during the war. It was also a perfect vantage point to site incoming enemies. Olumo rock became a tourist attraction in 1976 /
which war? State it naa. When dahomey women massacred yoruba people
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by thatigboman: 3:24am On Apr 26, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Houses that were built when your forefathers are still living on trees
why is it paining u? Abeokuta looks like a village

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Mizwisdom(f): 3:55am On Apr 26, 2019
How did Oyibo calculate life expectancy? if you go to villages there are lots of centenarians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Seaside Picnic In Roslagen, Sweden (photos, Video) / Alaska Airlines Surprise Travelers With Sweaters And T-shirts On Christmas Day / Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.