Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,222 members, 7,860,413 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:39 AM

Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta (40560 Views)

UK Establishes Visa Centre In Enugu / PHOTO NEWS: Ibeno Beach Tourist Centre / How To Locate Olumo Rock In Abeokuta Direction By Aveecol Ewagoyin And Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Benwallt(m): 4:36am On Apr 26, 2019
Those goats though, most especially, the brown one was first captured on the rock now at d entrance of d muddy purpose lull
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by madjune(m): 4:43am On Apr 26, 2019
madgoat:

Only a flatron head will utter such nonsense undecided

My head aint even flat.

It's shiny cute.
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by perdollar(m): 5:12am On Apr 26, 2019
awon brown roof republic
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by hollywater: 5:55am On Apr 26, 2019
If you still love your skull,don't try visiting there.
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by jadeliyi(m): 6:30am On Apr 26, 2019
madjune:

Hey take it easy. I said red roofs. That's just typical of the scenery there, no hating.
You should be proud of your heritage.
am not concern about the red roof but we are no 'afonja' the kwarans are .
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by jadeliyi(m): 6:38am On Apr 26, 2019
thatigboman:
which war? State it naa. When dahomey women massacred yoruba people
The war against the colonization of the oyo empire , war against the dahomey women, war against the ijebus and war against the egbado.
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by TundeBricklayer: 6:42am On Apr 26, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Houses that were built like 200 years ago, people don't live on roof tops
I don't know why you enjoying fooling yourself, same rubbish you said about Ibadan was older than Onitsha, until we found that Onitsha was founded 1550, while Ibadan came into existence in 1829, during a period of turmoil that characterized Yorubaland at the time. It was in this period that many old Yoruba cities such as old Oyo (Oyo ile), Ijaye and Owu disappeared, and newer ones such as Abeokuta, new Oyo (Oyo atiba) and Ibadan sprang up to replace them. According to local historians, Lagelu founded the city, and was initially intended to be a war camp for warriors coming from Oyo, Ife and Ijebu.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by GindoX(m): 6:45am On Apr 26, 2019
Ilamina:
i saw better tourist sites at France

You dey use style style dey tell us say you have travel out of the country ooo grin.

Mention two cities in France in the next two second. grin
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Topmaike007(m): 6:56am On Apr 26, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Houses that were built when your forefathers are still living on trees
omo woro woro which forefathers guy me I am from Ife Omo odua ni mi oo
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Biggest80: 6:58am On Apr 26, 2019
Nice place
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Preshy561(f): 7:09am On Apr 26, 2019
Jungle. undecided
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Ttipsy(f): 7:33am On Apr 26, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Houses that were built like 200 years ago, people don't live on roof tops
so coming from u, 200 years ago is the reason for it to remain Rusty. haha
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by SkinnyNigga: 7:36am On Apr 26, 2019
see brown roof OOO!!! so this thing they say about Yoruba and brown roof is true!!
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by VulgarLee(m): 7:43am On Apr 26, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Houses that were built when your forefathers were still living in Jungle
a1 lie
Afonja i hail o
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by kenny160: 8:12am On Apr 26, 2019
madjune:

Hey take it easy.
I said red roofs.
That's just typical of the scenery there, no hating.

You should be proud of your heritage.
guy u forget to add Afonja you mention last time...stop beeing tribalistic...is not good for you...shun tribalism before it kills you
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by madjune(m): 8:18am On Apr 26, 2019
jadeliyi:

am not concern about the red roof but we are no 'afonja' the kwarans are .

Ok. Noted.

But who come get the red roofs?
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Dareal90s(m): 8:23am On Apr 26, 2019
Rossikk:

I really don't know why people there are so docile in the face of the clear deterioration of their urban environment caused by these rusty roofs.

There should be state government programs to respray or replace the roofs. It's not rocket science.
Shut up, its an historical site which has to be preserved, check all ancient places in Yoruba land we don't need government to change anything there, that is what makes it what it is.

And to all the Nyamirins shouting am sure u guys don't have history.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Dareal90s(m): 8:28am On Apr 26, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

I don't know why you enjoying fooling yourself, same rubbish you said about Ibadan was older than Onitsha, until we found that Onitsha was founded 1550, while Ibadan came into existence in 1829, during a period of turmoil that characterized Yorubaland at the time. It was in this period that many old Yoruba cities such as old Oyo (Oyo ile), Ijaye and Owu disappeared, and newer ones such as Abeokuta, new Oyo (Oyo atiba) and Ibadan sprang up to replace them. According to local historians, Lagelu founded the city, and was initially intended to be a war camp for warriors coming from Oyo, Ife and Ijebu.
Mumu talk, Ibadan came into existence, where was it b4, ar ppl not living there b4, where u there when it was founded? Ibadan, onitcha or any other place u wanna name has been in existence before those years u quoted, stop fooling urself with village written histories.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Pipapi1: 8:33am On Apr 26, 2019
fairfora:
Go to Ondo or Ekiti. You go see rock wey big pass this one
It's not about the size of the rock, it's about its significance especially historical relevance.
Dareal90s:

Mumu talk, Ibadan came into existence, where was it b4, ar ppl not living there b4, where u there when it was founded? Ibadan, onitcha or any other place u wanna name has been in existence before those years u quoted, stop fooling urself with village written histories.
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Neldrizzy(m): 8:46am On Apr 26, 2019
travelwaka:

Don't make this a tribal war please
op please when are you giving us pictures of Calabar... I’m planning to visit there for my vacay this year
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:55am On Apr 26, 2019
Ttipsy:
so coming from u, 200 years ago is the reason for it to remain Rusty. haha

The roofs are not licking and people don't live on roof tops, I think it is not a Nigeria mentality to change roofs just because they don't like how the skyline look like, if it is then we wouldn't leave our gutter open
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:57am On Apr 26, 2019
Topmaike007:
omo woro woro which forefathers guy me I am from Ife Omo odua ni mi oo

If it is true then it means you are a Bastard
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:00am On Apr 26, 2019
Preshy561:
Jungle. undecided

Was where your forefathers live and you still live
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:02am On Apr 26, 2019
thatigboman:
which war? State it naa. When dahomey women massacred yoruba people

Why do you Igbo like lying just to troll Yoruba? Was it not the same dahomey that Yoruba decimated their forces 2 times? And Oyo colonized them before they fought for freedom
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Hugo7(m): 9:07am On Apr 26, 2019
It is a site to behold I was privileged to visit OLumorock Tourist Centre in My Senior Secondary school days, from Lagos.
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by BabaO2: 9:10am On Apr 26, 2019
kalvoken:
grin
The roofs though.

This is called mud roof.
That is the evidence of early civilization above others, when your forefathers could only take their refuge under raffia fronds and couldnt afford and dont even know corrugated sheets, people of SW have been building houses covered with corrugated sheets.. Think about it, same way with TV, university education, mechanised farming, stadium etc

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:11am On Apr 26, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

and what you are trying to say is that there are no brown roofs in Onitsha because I have been to Onitsha and I think it is true that you guys are living in Jungle what were you guys during when so much was going on in Ibadan? During the war with fulani? You were hiding like cowards I guess grin
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:16am On Apr 26, 2019
thatigboman:
why is it paining u? Abeokuta looks like a village

And the Entire South East still look like Jungle
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Ttipsy(f): 9:17am On Apr 26, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

The roofs are not licking and people don't live on roof tops, I think it is not a Nigeria mentality to change roofs just because they don't like how the skyline look like, if it is then we wouldn't leave our gutter open
and you believed so?? stop being ignorant pls..
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Topmaike007(m): 9:18am On Apr 26, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

If it is true then it means you are a Bastard
lolz who is Omo ale,so someone can't catch fun again on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Easiest Way Of Getting Permanent Residence In Europe / My Seaside Picnic In Roslagen, Sweden (photos, Video) / Alaska Airlines Surprise Travelers With Sweaters And T-shirts On Christmas Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.