Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings (504 Views)

Israel Cuts Off Electricity, Food, lay Complete Siege On Gaza. Bombings Continue / ISIS Claims Responsibility For Sri Lanka Bombings: Shows Pictures Of Attackers / Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by Omooba77: 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
“The IGP has resigned. He has sent his resignation to the acting defence secretary. I’ll nominate a new IGP soon,” President Maithripala Sirisena told reporters.

Sirisena’s nominee has to be confirmed by a constitutional council.

The resignation comes after the country’s top defence ministry official, defence secretary Hemasiri Fernando resigned on Thursday.

(AFP)

https://punchng.com/sri-lanka-police-chief-resigns-over-bombings-president/
Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by slimfit1(m): 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2019
He jumped before being pushed. My President with military experience can't even keep us safe. That is what we call dignity.

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by zakim(m): 12:37pm On Apr 26, 2019
It will never happened in Nigeria my country

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by okosodo: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2019
Buratai, you see your mate

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by propsvila: 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2019
If it is Nigeria now.......

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by helinues: 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
Now that Isis have claimed to be behind the bombings in reprisal for the New Zealand mosque killings..

So what next? Retaliation or peace talk?

This is not the time for world leaders to flex muscles.
Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by Sagamaje(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
angry
Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by eagleeye2: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2019
Buratai see your mate.

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by blujoi(m): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hundreds of thousands have been killed in my dear country but no one has resigned neither has anyone been sacked, yet the government spokesmen will mount social media to tell us how safe Nigeria is.

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by Demogorgon(m): 2:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
blujoi:
Hundreds of thousands have been killed in my dear country but no one has resigned neither has anyone been sacked, yet the government spokesmen will mount social media to tell us how safe Nigeria is.
Isn't it funny how stuffs like this can only happen in a country where her citizens are not BLACK? Power drunkenness, laziness and clinging to power as if its his/her birthright is in the mentality of an average black man. Former president of Sudan comes to mind.
Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by blujoi(m): 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
The million dollar question is why? If we the blacks can copy western mannerisms and culture, how come we don’t also copy the way they govern themselves? Food for thought

Demogorgon:
Isn't it funny how stuffs like this can only happen in a country where her citizens are not BLACK? Power drunkenness, laziness and clinging to power as if its his/her birthright is in the mentality of an average black man. Former president of Sudan comes to mind.
Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by Demogorgon(m): 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
blujoi:
The million dollar question is why? If we the blacks can copy western mannerisms and culture, how come we don’t also copy the way they govern themselves? Food for thought

I think it all boils down to greed which is ingrained in us, lacking in westerners and prevalent in Africa. An average leader over there puts the followers/citizens first and the moment he feels he isn't competent enough, he steps down honourably to preserve his integrity. But over here, the opposite is the case. Its really sad honestly.
Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by Omooba77: 7:21am On Apr 27, 2019
Demogorgon:
I think it all boils down to greed which is ingrained in us, lacking in westerners and prevalent in Africa. An average leader over there puts the followers/citizens first and the moment he feels he isn't competent enough, he steps down honourably to preserve his integrity. But over here, the opposite is the case. Its really sad honestly.

We the sycophant citizens allow them!
Re: Sri Lanka Police Chief Resigns Over Bombings by BlackfireX: 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
I will happen in Nigeria..

Receives slap.

(1) (Reply)

Emmanuel Macron Blast Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro For Insulting His Wife / Xenophobia: Zambians Storm South Africa Embassy, Destroy Properties (Photos) / U.S. Warns Egypt Of Sanctions Over Russian Warplane Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.