Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? (5203 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / What Is Grace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by unstoppable51(m): 9:44pm On Apr 27, 2019
From FeedMeJesus.com

Does grace encourages people to sin or live anyhow? Is hyper-grace truly a licence to sin? Are we truly to live by the Law in order to stop sinning? If you are searching for answers to questions like these, let these gospel truths revealed here refresh and strengthen your heart and walk with the Lord.

One of the reasons people have a problem teaching or listening to a preacher talk about the super-abounding grace we have in Christ, is due to the popular belief that grace gives people licence to sin. Or that grace encourages sin and makes people passive about living a holy lifestyle.

To find out if this is true or not, we will have to first of all explain what the word “grace” is all about.

Grace here is God’s unmerited and irrevocable favour. It is the process by which God saves the sinner and keeps the believer saved, regardless of his or her actions.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Eph 2:8-9)

Grace is simply God reaching out to man who on his own, can never be able to save himself regardless of how good his actions are, and offering him salvation on the account of His Son Jesus. It is God choosing to forgive and justify man from ALL wrongdoings even before he ever ask for it. God does this simply because of the sacrifice of His Son Jesus on the cross.

To help new converts (children, teenagers, youths and even adults) shy away from sin, most people believe it is better to indoctrinate them with the 613 commandments of Moses (The Law and the statutes) and “fearful” messages and visions of Hell and it’s torments. That way, they will hate sin so much and live righteously on earth.

But is it really true that the teaching of grace is not good for some set of people or believers in general? What does the Bible say?

“Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.” (Heb 13:9)

The Bible says it is a good thing that the heart (of new and long time believers of all age groups) be established with grace and not the Law which the author called “meats” that profits nothing.

As a matter of fact, to claim that grace gives people a licence to sin will be to wilfully disregard scriptures like Romans 6 verse 14

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.” (Rom 6:14)

That place said the only reason will not have dominion (ruler-ship, control, authority) over you, is because you are not under the Law but under grace. In other words, grace does not only deliver a person from sin, it also empowers him to withstand the acts daily. Unlike the Law that pushes one to live righteously his own struggles and afterwards condemns him for any mistake he makes.

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world.” (Tit 2:11-12)

It is only the knowledge of God’s super-abounding grace that can teach and enable us live righteously in this present world. How can something like that turn around and empower us with a licence to sin? Grace doesn’t give anyone such a licence.

That was why twice in that Romans chapter 6, Paul had to ask those questions and immediately answer them, proving that grace is never an excuse to live wrongly.

“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.” (Rom 6:1-4)

“What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.” (Rom 6:15)

Show me a grace preacher who tells people it is okay to sin anytime and anyhow they like, and I will show you someone who is no gospel or grace preacher. What such a fellow is preaching is not called “grace” or “hypergrace” in the scriptures. It is called “lasciviousness” or “licentiousness.” It has nothing to do with the grace we have received in Christ.

“Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Jud 1:3-4)

Read the above passage again. This time slowly. Observe how Jude described such men.

He called them “ungodly men.” That would mean people who have no relationship with God through our Lord Jesus. Their mission is to “turn” the grace of God to “licentiousness” or “lasciviousness.”

The word “turn” in that verse is properly translated as “replace” or “change.” It conveys the idea of substituting something with another. To set something aside and take up another.

What that means is that these ungodly men were not giving people a licence to sin by teaching them the grace of God. The teaching of grace never gives anyone such licence. They were teaching people a different doctrine entirely from the beginning. That’s licentious living.

If they were to be teaching the true gospel of grace from the beginning, then there wouldn’t have been any need for Jude to warn people to beware of them and their teachings. That is because the people would have properly understood all that God did for them in Christ, fallen in love with Him and LIVE for Him.

“For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.” (2Co 5:14-15)

So do not let anyone make you close your heart to the teachings of the love of God which is the word of His grace, making you believe the teaching of grace gives people licence to sin. In the real sense, that is the teaching that is capable of building you up and helping you enjoy the inheritances you have in Christ.

“And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.” (Act 20:32)

Finally, like Paul I close with this:

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

I hope this meets you well.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/04/grace-sin-licence-to-live-anyhow.html

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by unstoppable51(m): 6:22am On Apr 28, 2019
Thank you Jesus

More on FEEDMEJESUS WEBSITE

6 Likes

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by BoboKush(m): 8:10am On Apr 28, 2019
This space is nt for sale... Naw go to church
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by preacherz: 8:12am On Apr 28, 2019
doubting the grace of God is that famous sin against d holy spirit. its unforgivable.

grace is d difference between Christians and other religion.

3 Likes

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by ArewaLady(f): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2019
I don't want to comment but I'd love to say...

Have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by kuntash: 8:13am On Apr 28, 2019
You want to continue in sin and expect grace to abide?

God himself Na im forbid am!

I beg make una look for topic discuss.. Not this kind things...

Sin is repulsive to God almighty in all ramifications... End of discussion!

6 Likes

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2019
Yes nau
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by ArewaLady(f): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2019
Buh, which one is feed me Jesus again?
He loves you and sacrifice already, as you claim.
Free the man jooorrr. Him blood wey you dey take everyday is not enough Abi?
Are you even a disciple?

#HappySunday fellas.
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2019
U mean my Aunt...??
D last time I checked she's still answering "Grace"
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Opeyemi04(m): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2019
Good morning nairalands my name is john a student of fuoye we were told to pay our school fees before examination the amount is 107k please faithful nairaland help me with any amount GOD Will bless he will elevate you in jesus name acc no 0241529124 Wema bank name john
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2019
kuntash:

Yet to see a deliberate sinner favoured by God

Grace is an unmerited favor which can be killed by sin!!!

Flew from sin and the devil will flew from you!!!
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by absoul: 8:18am On Apr 28, 2019
The Bible says you should labour in the grace and not take it for granted

1 Like

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by jaxxy(m): 8:19am On Apr 28, 2019
Grace isn’t a license to sin bt that doesn’t mean u don’t sin. U must work not to sin bt it is not a one days job like most Christians wud love to imagine in their heads or pretend.

1 Like

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by MikeBetty(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2019
preacherz:
doubting the grace of God is that famous sin against d holy spirit. its unforgivable.

grace is d difference between Christians and other religion.
Grace Of God Never Permit Sin. Shall We Continue In Sin For Grace Abound? God Forbid.
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by hahn(m): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Yet to see a deliberate sinner favoured by God
!

What about our politicians? They have been looting our nation's funds, buying houses for their babes in Dubai and each year they only get more powerful and wealthier.

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Njspark(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2019
Thanks for this wonderful topic You render to us this morning

1 Like

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Sam2310(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2019
Good morning breathen, Please is there anywhere in the bible that teaches Christian to collect money for the first sale of the day?
I mean like u want to buy something credit and the seller will say something like "Na u be the first person of the day, i can't sell credit first, wait small make i collect money for other person hand then i sale the credit to u"
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Rick9(m): 8:40am On Apr 28, 2019
If you love Jesus Christ too much, and his love is in your heart, you won't even be thinking of sin, or looking for an avenue to sin, you just see yourself wanting to do good often and avoiding evil, all thanks to the Holy Spirit.
Thank you Jesus Christ for the gift of the holy spirit that empower us to live right.

2 Likes

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:47am On Apr 28, 2019
hahn:

What about our politicians? They have been looting our nation's funds, buying houses for their babes in Dubai and each year they only get more powerful and wealthier.

undecided
There is reason for everything!!!

He is the only one no one can question!

He created raining and dry season, good and bad... For a purpose

I will like to think that He left somethings on purpose so that others can learn.
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by hahn(m): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

There is reason for everything!!!

He is the only one no one can question!

He created raining and dry season, good and bad... For a purpose

I will like to think that He left somethings on purpose so that others can learn.

I will like to think that, based on what you wrote, that it is incompetent, psychopathic and has a lot of misplaced priorities smiley
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by adams123: 8:54am On Apr 28, 2019
Rick9:
If you love Jesus Christ too much, and his love is in your heart, you won't even be thinking of sin, or looking for an avenue to sin, you just see yourself wanting to do good often and avoiding evil, all thanks to the Holy Spirit.
Thank you Jesus Christ for the gift of the holy spirit that empower us to live right.

who really gifted you with the holy spirit, Jesus or God?
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by oyinda1599(f): 9:00am On Apr 28, 2019
Pls what's really happening to me, I keep interacting with world famous people in my dream not once, not twice. Am not a social person.pls what could such dream mean and pls don't insult me, am not lying.
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2019
No we must always be thankful for the Grace and patience people have with us. My people don’t be unnecessarily wicked because your in a position of power and you have money the tables can turn anytime.

Do what brings you joy and Glorifies God in the end.
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Evidenx(m): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2019
IN ONE OF MY ENCOUNTER WITH JESUS, HE SAID TO ME "MY SON, EVERYONE IS SAYING WE ARE IN THE ERA OF GRACE.....WE ARE IN D ERA OF GRACE, BUT GRACE CAME FOR SIN TO DISAPPEAR, GRACE CAME THAT WE CAN BECOME PRISONERS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS".
#PROPHET AMOS EVOMOBOR.

GRACE IS NOT A LICENSE TO SIN AND LIVE ANYHOW,IF YOU KEEP ON SINNING AFTER KNOWING THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, DOOM AND DESTRUCTION AWAITS YOU ON THE LAST DAY.

3 Likes

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by maxiuc(m): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2019
kuntash:

but if you say you have no sin in you ,you make God a liar
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by megareal: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2019
No, it is not. What Grace means is, love Jesus enough not to sin but If you do sin, He will forgive you but don't take that forgiveness for granted.

1 Like

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by cescky(m): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2019
Great piece

But ill also add that the law of Moses was a Godly law..but man could not do it..becausr it was too high for him..so the law was righteous but was tol highly for man.

So God gave us grace in christ Jesus..in the era or dispensation of grace only one law abides. Which is LOVE....

Also mans spirit is reborn in the era of christ Jesus..and he walks via love he automatically will and without effort fufill the 10 commandments...in other words the law was perfect, but man wasnt able to walk in it.

Love is an attribute of the heart and if we walk in love we fufil the law of moses and the golden law jesus mentioned when he said love thy neighbour as thy self..the law could not stoop down to mans level...so God created another way via christ Jesus.

Moses spoke about replacing of hus law with something better..it was grace he was speaking of

2 Likes

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2019
what does Grace means? what does living Anyhow means?
Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 28, 2019
We are thus redemmed by his grace through faith in his son Jesus Christ.

Glory be to God.

1 Like

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by OpenYourEyes1: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2019
This is lovely and encouraging.

1 Like

Re: Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? by Greatzeus(m): 10:57am On Apr 28, 2019
ArewaLady:
Buh, which one is feed me Jesus again?
He loves you and sacrifice already, as you claim.
Free the man jooorrr. Him blood wey you dey take everyday is not enough Abi?
Are you even a disciple?

#HappySunday fellas.
Your new moniker and newly uploaded picture has been noticed,now run along. Just you know, impersonation is a criminal offence,Im sure that girl is married to one alhaji somewhere,if he catches you,you will hear wheeeen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? / God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel / My Experience With Mermaid Spirit - Marine Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.