Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel (5212 Views)

God And His Angels. / Gospel Singer Sinach Is PREGNANT! (Photos) / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2011
Someone needs to say this plainly: The faith healers and health-and-wealth preachers who dominate religious television are shameless frauds. Their message is not the true gospel of Jesus Christ. There is nothing spiritual or miraculous about their on-stage chicanery. It is all a devious ruse designed to take advantage of desperate people. They are not godly ministers but greedy impostors who corrupt the Word of God for money's sake. They are not real pastors who shepherd the flock of God but hirleings whose only design is to fleece the sheep. Their love of money is glaringly obvious in what they say as well as how they live. They claim to possess great spiritual power, but in reality they are rank materialists and enemies of everything holy.

There is no reason anyone should be deceived by this age-old con, and there is certainly no justification for treating the hucksters as if they were authentic ministers of the gospel. Religious charlatans who make merchandise of false promises have been around since the apostolic era. They pretend to be messengers of Christ, but they are interlopers and impostors. T[b]he apostles condemned them with the harshest possible language. Paul called them "men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain" (1 Timothy 6:5). Peter called them false prophets with "heart[s] trained in greed" (2 Peter 2:14). He warned that "in their greed they will exploit you with false words" (v. 3). He exposed them as scoundrels and dismissed them as "stains and blemishes" on the church (v. 13).[/b]
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by newmi(m): 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
Hmmmmmm l see that you seem to have ran out of ideas anyway just a short one; if you are fed-up why not get busy preaching POVERTY, SICKNESS AND DEATH perhaps that would make more sense as the being the true gospel that "God isn't fed-up" with or what do you think? Nonesense!
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2011
^^

Hmm, not sure I ever said I was against financial prosperity which comes as a result of God's blessings on hard work not on sowing seed in a gambling Las Vegas fashion.

I personally live a prosperous life due to God's mercies and a reward of hard work.

Anyway you and your false teachers seem to have more of an interest in claiming and naming by FAITH rather than living HOLY lives in victory over unruly temperaments, sin, the world and Satan.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by PastorAIO: 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2011
newmi:

Hmmmmmm l see that you seem to have ran out of ideas anyway just a short one; if you are fed-up why not get busy preaching POVERTY, SICKNESS AND DEATH perhaps that would make more sense as the being the true gospel that "God isn't fed-up" with or what do you think? Nonesense!

Nobody mentioned your name in the OP. Why the reaction? Abi you see hat wey size you?
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Joagbaje(m): 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2011
newmi:

I like that, Let him preach the poverty gospel na, abi. grin
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2011
Not a surprise we seem to be breeding a large bunch of "peripheral christians" whose only interest in God is dependent on how much money and fame he can provide to them. The worst is reading how certain "men of Gawd" describe themselves . . .

here is a TRUE example - Ambassador Temidayo Israel-Abdulai is an Award Winning Social Entrepreneur, and[b] in demand Evangelist[/b], TV Presenter, Motivational Speaker, Diplomat, Youth Advocate, Facilitator, Project Developer and High Performance Coach.

He is one of the Leading UK based Young Motivational Speaker with charisma and credibility. He is undoubtedly a unique asset at any conference, seminar, workshop or training session. His teachings and speeches have touched hundreds of thousands of Youths in the UK, North America and Africa. He host Maximum Impact with Dayo Israel on Dove Vision TV and brings thousand of Young People together at His International Conferences on Leadership, Black History, Change, Community Development and faith based teaching

Another example -
Fela DUROTOYE is a renowned nation building strategist and a highly sought after motivational speaker and corporate activator.
He is the Chief Executive Officer of Visible Impact (www.visibleimpact.com.ng).

Like the Apostle Paul, some have described him as all things to all men.

To the over 2,450 people who have registered as his protégés, he is a mentor.

To many people who have heard him speak at national, business or youth conferences around the world, he is an internationally sought-after motivational speaker.

To any of the 14 banks that his organisation consults for, or anyone who meets him at business strategy meetings or training rooms, he is a consultant extraordinaire.

To many business executives, he is a life coach and to most people who have heard him at various church programs, he is a preacher, teacher and many say he is an “Apostle in the Marketplace”.

Many of the readers of his books, The 17 Secrets of High flying Students and The Dream Subordinate of Every Boss (the Secret to being the Right Candidate for Promotion Always),have described this enigma as a life-saving author.

Yet to Fela Durotoye, he is just an ordinary man being used by an extraordinary God to change nations into desirable societies one person at a time.

One wonders how Apostle Paul would have described himself . . .
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by federalist: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2011
I am just tired of the whole ruse.

I grew up attending CAC pry school and St John Grammar school, all founded by the early christian.

If not because of St Loius catholic hospital, owo Ondo state, possibly I would have been dead and buried. A wonderful father in that church was the angel God used to nurse me back from the from the land of the dead!!!

yet i was a muslim at the time!!!

So when i grew up, i want to know the jesus and God of these these christian more. possibly these led to my conversion.

Which kind of pastors do we have these days? our churches are run like corporation than true churches.

before the "dont talk evil about men of God" advocate will reply to these observation, Why didnt Joseph Ayo Babalola transfer all CAC church properties to his family? Or Baba Akindayomi of Redeemed? because they dont have children to carry on?

What do we have now? the founder is the president, mama GO is the vice President and the children of the founder are all member of the board.

Soo funny. our modern pastors are just capitalising on the extreme poverty and ignorance of our people to fleece the miracle-seeking congregation.

Do U hear the joke about the nigerian preacher that was invited to a church in Germany. The man of God asked the member of the church that want a "car miracle" to step forward. Nobody answer him.

Surprised, he pastor asked his host why nobody want to miraculously have their own car.

His host replied that owing a car is not a miracle. You simply walk into a dealer shop and tell them when and how you can pay for any car of your choice. Pronto, You are a car owner!!!

Imagine the same alter call for a "car miracle" in Nigeria. The pew will be filled to the brim.

God save us from the men of God!!!

Will I still meet believers? i wonder why jesus asked this terribly probing question.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Enigma(m): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2011
Some time ago one poster said something in his own unique way which I found touching. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=416595.msg5733391#msg5733391

bigfoot79:

The whole twist is nerve cracking, and i really don't know what or who to follow now
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by mazee: 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2011
Every day people are straying and staying away from the church and going back to God
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Enigma(m): 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2011
federalist:

I grew up attending CAC pry school and St John Grammar school, all founded by the early christian.

If not because of St Loius catholic hospital, owo Ondo state, possibly I would have been dead and buried.  A wonderful father in that church was the angel God used to  nurse me back from the from the land of the dead!!!

So when i grew up, i want to know the jesus and God of these these christian more. possibly these led to my conversion
. . . . .

I think this is quite powerful
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by harakiri(m): 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2011
federalist:

If not because of St Loius catholic hospital, owo Ondo state, possibly I would have been dead and buried.  A wonderful father in that church was the angel God used to  nurse me back from the from the land of the dead!!!

So when i grew up, i want to know the jesus and God of these these christian more. possibly these led to my conversion.

Which kind of pastors do we have these days? our churches  are run like corporation than true churches.

before the "dont talk evil about men of God" advocate will reply to these observation, Why didnt Joseph Ayo Babalola transfer all CAC church properties to his family? Or Baba Akindayomi of Redeemed? because they dont have children to carry on?

What do we have now? the founder is the president,  mama GO is the vice President and the children of the founder are all member of the board.

Soo funny. our modern pastors are just capitalising on the extreme poverty and ignorance of our people to fleece the miracle-seeking congregation.

Do U hear the joke about the nigerian preacher that was invited to a church in Germany. The man of God asked the member of the church that want  a "car miracle" to step forward. Nobody answer him.

Surprised, he  pastor asked his host why nobody want to miraculously have their own car.

His host replied that owing a car is not a miracle. You simply walk into a dealer shop and tell them when and how you can pay for any car of your choice. Pronto, You are a car owner!!!

Imagine the same alter call for a "car miracle" in Nigeria. The pew will be filled to the brim.

God save us from the men of God!!!

Will I still meet believers?  i wonder why jesus asked this terribly probing question.

Please tell them.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by lepasharon(f): 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2011
I kind of agree, most of these so called 'men of God' are not preaching the true word of GoD! They just wanna make the congregation feel good by telling dem wat they like! So they will Keep attending nd bringing more money and fame to the preachers! Remember the whole world is ntt supposed to love you Luk at  Eddie wrong,when he came out gay What did his congregation do?? Did they say anything?? things r happening![color=#550000][/color]
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by mabell: 11:43pm On Jun 26, 2011
God cannot be tired but the issue is you are tired and worn out about this tale you tell every time frosbel but don't stop because we need your type to fulfill scriptures.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2011
^^^^

It is my type who are exposing the current system, should I say 90% of it, for what it really is, A FRAUD.

Let me show you those who are fulfilling  prophecy :

"Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them." - Ephesians 5:11

2 Timothy 3:1 - 5 "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.  People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,  without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,  treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—  having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

"I know that false teachers, like vicious wolves, will come in among you after I leave, not sparing the flock." - Acts 20:29

"In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping." - 2 Peter 2:3
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Joagbaje(m): 7:59am On Jun 27, 2011
mabell:

God cannot be tired but the issue is you are tired and worn out about this tale you tell every time frosbel but don't stop because we need your type to fulfill scriptures.

You're right , judas had to fulfil scriptures too. Mockers will rise up in the last days
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by TeeJay6(m): 8:02am On Jun 27, 2011
@op
Did God reveal to you that He is fed up?
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by nuella2(f): 8:37am On Jun 27, 2011
@frosbel, If God is against prosperity and health according to you why is God folding his hand allowing the pastors that preach prosperity take over the stage and the ones that claim to have the true gospel only have a voice in oshofree places? I personally think someone that is qualified to talk against prosperity are the poor. How can someone be enjoying and be preaching the others suffer that is like witchcraft to me. If you combined living right and prospering why not preach that rather preaching against what you enjoy. And i have not seen any pastor that tell his followers to sin and just focus on prosperity.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2011
^

God is fed-up with those who use his name as a means to an end, MAKING MONEY.

Remember Jesus went into the temple and drove out the people who had turned his house into one of merchandise. Jesus mentioned in clear terms that his house shall be called a house of Prayer.

Now concerning prosperity, no one is against financial success or good health. The crux of the matter is when you begin to seek GOD primarily because of these things.

Seek the saviour for what he is and not what he can give you .

Too many so called Christians are in churches today solely for money, husband, wife, cursing their enemies,illnesses etc etc.

So tell me how come Peter said silver and gold have I none, but in the name of Jesus stand up and walk ?

How many so called MOG today have even 0.1% of the anointing that Peter had ?

And yet they sell their poison through books, seminars, dvds, tapes etc etc as if we cannot hear directly from GOD ourselves.

Are we so thick that we need another man to tell us what God wants for our lives.

Is the Holy Spirit not the teacher and is Jesus Christ not the true Shepherd ?

Who are we really following  , men or GOD ?

I for one have a wonderful career and family by God's mercies, but I have not paid tithes for eons. So where is the logic in paying tithes ? Is the money collected from Christians not meant for the poor among them, the widows and the orphans.

Tell me where in the BIBLE we are told to spend money on jets, mega buildings and worthless programmes ?
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by TeeJay6(m): 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2011
frosbel:

^

God is fed-up with those who use his name as a means to an end, MAKING MONEY.

Remember Jesus went into the temple and drove out the people who had turned his house into one of merchandise. Jesus mentioned in clear terms that his house shall be called a house of Prayer.

Now concerning prosperity, no one is against financial success or good health. The crux of the matter is when you begin to seek GOD primarily because of these things.

Seek the saviour for what he is and not what he can give you .

Too many so called Christians are in churches today solely for money, husband, wife, cursing their enemies,illnesses etc etc.

So tell me how come Peter said silver and gold have I none, but in the name of Jesus stand up and walk ?

And yet they sell their poison through books, seminars, dvds, tapes etc etc as if we cannot hear directly from GOD ourselves.

Are we so thick that we need another man to tell us what God wants for our lives.

Is the Holy Spirit not the teacher and is Jesus Christ not the true Shepherd ?

Who are we really following , men or GOD ?

I for one have a wonderful career and family by God's mercies, but I have not paid tithes for eons. So where is the logic in paying tithes ? Is the money collected from Christians not meant for the poor among them, the widows and the orphans.
Tell me where in the BIBLE we are told to spend money on jets, mega buildings and worthless programmes ?
So if everybody decides to follow suit tell me how is the church supposed to be run? The bills, the facilities; how are the various projects to be funded?
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2011
Tee_Jay:

So if everybody decides to follow suit tell me how is the church supposed to be run? The bills, the facilities; how are the various projects to be funded?

First of, even though the concept of a physical building used as a church is not biblical , let us not go to the extreme and forbid it.

BUT, tell me where in the bible GOD ( GOD must be our authority and not MAN ) tells us to pay tithes and offerings for church buildings ?

If we offer freewill contributions, then this is good, but it is not an obligation.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by TeeJay6(m): 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2011
frosbel:

First of, even though the concept of a physical building used as a church is not biblical , let us not go to the extreme and forbid it.

BUT, tell me where in the bible GOD ( GOD must be our authority and not MAN ) tells us to pay tithes and offerings for church buildings ?
If we offer freewill contributions, then this is good, but it is not an obligation.
Malachi 3:8-10
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Zikkyy(m): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2011
Tee_Jay:

You don’t have to arm twist or trick the congregation into funding the activities of the church. What’s wrong with simply asking the congregation for the fund required to finance church activities? I personally see this as a test for any pastor, it tells the quality of your congregation. If they have truly been won over to Christ this should not be a problem, they will be cheerful givers. But pastors are fully aware voluntary contribution is almost impossible. Why, because a good number of ‘so called Christians’ are in church for the potential benefit. I very much agree with Frosbel regarding the need for Christians to ‘Seek the savior for what he is and not what he can give’.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Zikkyy(m): 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2011
Tee_Jay:

Malachi 3:8-10

fact that tithe was kept in the temple storehouse is not an indication that it was meant for funding temple construction/maintenance smiley
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by TeeJay6(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
Zikkyy:

fact that tithe was kept in the temple storehouse is not an indication that it was meant for funding temple construction/maintenance smiley
I see, and where did the resources for building the ark of covenant/temple in the days of Moses come from? From Heaven? Was it not from the people and the offering they gave? Bottom line is a number of people are happy to go to church, seat in an A/C auditorium, dance to the choir's music not minding how the facility was put together or the fact that some people actually sacrificed to make it the way it is.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2011
We are the temple, the physical temple was destroyed 70ad.

Jesus dwells in the midst of his children , not in some physical structures.

He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn't live in man-made temples," - Acts 17:24

"However, the Most High does not live in houses made by men. As the prophet says:Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Could you build me a temple as good as that?' asks the LORD. 'Could you build me such a resting place?" - Acts 7:48-49

WE ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD.

"God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple." - 1 Corinthians 3:17

" Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" - 1 Corinthians 3:16

2 Corinthians 6:16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Ephesians 2:21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

Ephesians 2:22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

i Keep saying this, the half-baked Christians of these later days, DESERVE TO BE DECEIVED, because they do not read their bibles and love unrighteousness.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Azibalua(f): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2011
Are you saying we should not have church buildings?
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Zikkyy(m): 4:24pm On Jun 27, 2011
Tee_Jay:

I see, and [size=14pt]where did the resources for building the ark of covenant/temple in the days of Moses come from?[/size] From Heaven? Was it not from the people and the offering they gave?

It's good you read Exodus 35, you'll find the answers to your question there. it's quite interesting smiley

i love verse 5 smiley

4And Moses spake unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, saying, This is the thing which the LORD commanded, saying,
5Take ye from among you an offering unto the LORD: [size=14pt]whosoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it, an offering of the LORD[/size]; gold, and silver, and brass,

. . . . and verse 20-22 smiley

20And all the congregation of the children of Israel departed from the presence of Moses.
21And they came, [size=14pt]every one whose heart stirred him up, and every one whom his spirit made willing[/size], and they brought the LORD's offering to the work of the tabernacle of the congregation, and for all his service, and for the holy garments.
22[size=14pt]And they came, both men and women, as many as were willing hearted[/size], and brought bracelets, and earrings, and rings, and tablets, all jewels of gold: and every man that offered offered an offering of gold unto the LORD.

. . . . . and verse 29 smiley

29[size=14pt]The children of Israel brought a willing offering unto the LORD, every man and woman, whose heart made them willing to bring for all manner of work[/size], which the LORD had commanded to be made by the hand of Moses.

You will also find chapter 36:3-7 interesting. It an indication of what you get, if you are able to make true Christians of the congregation smiley

3And they received of Moses all the offering, which the children of Israel had brought for the work of the service of the sanctuary, to make it withal. And they brought yet unto him free offerings every morning.
4And all the wise men, that wrought all the work of the sanctuary, came every man from his work which they made;
5And they spake unto Moses, saying, The people bring much more than enough for the service of the work, which the LORD commanded to make.
6And Moses gave commandment, and they caused it to be proclaimed throughout the camp, saying, Let neither man nor woman make any more work for the offering of the sanctuary. So the people were restrained from bringing.
7For the stuff they had was sufficient for all the work to make it, and too much.

So my brother, Moses did not rely on percentage/coercive giving to get the job done. You/your church can do it, if only you have faith wink

Tee_Jay:

Bottom line is a number of people are happy to go to church, seat in an A/C auditorium, dance to the choir's music not minding how the facility was put together or the fact that some people actually sacrificed to make it the way it is.

Yes, that's true. But you don't need to arm-twist them to contributing smiley The 'give and receive' gospel does not yield true Christians, don't expect them to give when there is nothing to receive. make true Christians of the congregation, and they will give what they have, willingly smiley
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by ogajim(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2011
Azibalua:

Are you saying we should not have church buildings?

You could have you worship meetings in a house or in a revolving manner hosted by everyone, you could meet in a "Church" if you like that model, you could just worship the Lord with family members, etc. ", Where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there, "

Building a HUGE structure and then tasking your members with UNSOUND doctrine is a SIN, (no small or big sin, JoAgbaje might disagree here), FULL DISCLOSURE is what our God demands from believers/his followers.

Shalom.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2011
The believers (you and I) are the 'church' not some cathedral built somewhere to stroke the egos of men!

Jesus said He is present "where two or three of us" assemble to worship Him. Biblical Christians had no "churches". They rotationally assembled in each other's homes. Why should fifty thousand people congregate together to worship God?

Why should any ministry hold a four-million man congress? Why should anyone travel land and sea (via jets) to win a convert and then burden that convert with obligatory giving (in a dispensation of grace and freewill) and other doctrines?
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by dare2think: 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2011
^^^^^

Very True.

Another truthful aspect is that the people supporting this ego-massaging and adulation of "men" know the truth. One thing is to be igonarnt of the truth, another is to blatantly refuse the truth. So, the hypocrisy going on is overwhelming. Fraudulent folks will always support fraudulent activivities, even if it involves the name of God.

The name of God has been used for several insidious activities, (Killing, manipulation and so on). So, making money with his name is only inevitable, now imagin that in a fruadulent and corrupt country like ours.

The church is now inadvertently used for these fruadulent activities. So, Fraudulent people will vehemently and naturally protect their interests.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Joagbaje(m): 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2011
frosbel:

So where should they worship?

frosbel:

Now concerning prosperity, no one is against financial success or good health.

Stop contradicting yourself. You believe in human suffering as holiness.

The crux of the matter is when you begin to seek GOD primarily because of these things. Seek the saviour for what he is and not what he can give you .

You are funny. And is there anyone who teach salvation on the basis of prosperity? You twist the message of others to mean what they don't say, so that you can give yourself the religious "holier than thou feeling"

Many . . .

I for one have a wonderful career and family by God's mercies, but I have not paid tithes for eons.

While you're in your small world , you don't know what  else you're missing. "me and my family"  (very selfish) think of how many people you could have helped with more money under your control.

So where is the logic in paying tithes ? Is the money collected from Christians not meant for the poor among them, the widows and the orphans.
There are different kinds of tithes . The one for the poor and strangers are different. Besides , that structure was for the Jews . We don't give tithes according to the Jewish customs . We give it as a principle in God and by revelation.
Re: God And Many Of Us Are Fedup With All This Prosperity Garbage Gospel by Dulcet7(m): 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2011
mazee:

Every day people are straying and staying away from the church and going back to God

Well said!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheism is Dead : The Logic of God and Everything / Pre-adamic Age: Biblical Or Not? / How To Know That You Have Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.